• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Direct Sales Really That Flexible and Rewarding?

In summary, a member shares her excitement about her success in the business, but her progress was hindered by her father's coma and eventual passing. She was able to bounce back by sending out a massive email to her customers, booking exposure events, and getting more bookings through phone calls. Despite a potentially disappointing party, she ended up with five bookings and a registry party that will also lead to a new consultant. Others in the conversation offer condolences for her loss and congratulate her on her achievements.
yummybytes
Silver Member
Hi all!
Just wanted to share my excitement.

I started in August and was on fire -- earned all three SS months and one bonus one as well. Had a ton of bbokings ... great show averages and then in October my Dad went into a coma and I had to take things down a lot. That's one of the great things about this business -- you have the ability to do that.

Well, I sadly lost my father on 1/25 but have been anxious to get back into the thick of things. My two early Feb hosts rescheduled on me and that left me with one single sad party that I wasn't expecting a whole lot of on 2/24. I wasn't happy with that so I decided to change it.

First I sent out a massive email to all my customers announcing the stoneware sale and encouraging them to stock up and save. I ended up getting about $250 in orders from that email alone:) I also got another booking for 2/28!!! A friend of mine is also interested in the business and wants to attend a cluster meeting with me and hear more about the business!! SCORE!

Second -- I started looking for exposure events -- I found several affordable ones in my area and signed up for them for March, April and May.

Next -- I picked up that phone -- got another 2 bookings for March, had 4 already so I'm looking good there! Got a couple for April and May as well -- woo hoo!

Then -- remember that one single sad party that I wasn't expecting much from? Well -- only 7 people showed up. I was pretty worried. Ends up -- FIVE of them booked, and the show is at $400 in sales right now with more outside orders coming -- not the GREATEST sales, but the bookings were killer!!

Oh -- on top of that. One of the guests -- she has a registry with me for her wedding in May. She decided to have a party in June to get the rest of the stuff from her registry --- AND use the credit from the show towards her kit and become a consultant. WOO HOO !!!!! :) ICING ON THE CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!

You really CAN choose to make this business work for you -- and it will if you want it to ! :)

Good for you Jennifer. What a great feeling. What you said about this being your own business is right on, you can tone it up or tone it down. Keep up the good work.

Good job Jennifer - I lost my dad last year on 1/22, funeral was 1/25. I understand how tough it is - my dad got diagnosed with amyloidosis in the Sept. before. Way to get up and get going!

Jennifer, so sorry to read about your father's passing. My dad has been gone for almost 17 years this March--I feel your pain.

On the high note, that is great about your PC business! Looks like it is starting to "boom" for you! I hope it all pans out for you!

Sorry to hear about your dad. That's a bummer..
Great Job working with your business!!! That's the way to do it...keep up the good work!!

Jennifer,

I'm very sorry to hear of your dad's passing. He'll live forever in your memories!

Congratulations on getting back on the ball. With your drive and ambition, you'll be a DIRECTOR in no time!

Thank you everyone for both your condolances and congrats. I know dad would be proud of me and he's watching over me now. That gives me so much comfort!! :)

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad.Congrats on a great show!

sorry to both Jen & Janet
janetupnorth said:
Good job Jennifer - I lost my dad last year on 1/22, funeral was 1/25. I understand how tough it is - my dad got diagnosed with amyloidosis in the Sept. before. Way to get up and get going!

for the loss of their father's but on the better side of things congrats and you're right, he's very proud and watching over you.

What is "It's Like Riding a Bike..."?

"It's Like Riding a Bike..." is a popular cookbook from Pampered Chef that features easy and delicious recipes for everyday cooking. It also includes helpful tips and techniques for using Pampered Chef kitchen products.

Are the recipes in "It's Like Riding a Bike..." easy to follow?

Yes, all of the recipes in "It's Like Riding a Bike..." are designed to be easy and user-friendly. They include step-by-step instructions and use common ingredients that can be found in most kitchens.

Does "It's Like Riding a Bike..." only feature recipes for main dishes?

No, "It's Like Riding a Bike..." includes a variety of recipes for appetizers, side dishes, and desserts as well. There is something for every course of a meal in this cookbook.

Can I use Pampered Chef products for all of the recipes in "It's Like Riding a Bike..."?

While many of the recipes in "It's Like Riding a Bike..." do utilize Pampered Chef products, they can also be made with standard kitchen tools. However, using Pampered Chef products can make the cooking process even easier and more efficient.

Is "It's Like Riding a Bike..." suitable for beginner cooks?

Yes, "It's Like Riding a Bike..." is perfect for beginner cooks who are looking to expand their cooking skills. The recipes are simple and easy to follow, making it a great resource for those who are new to cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
islandgurlchef
  • melissaboyd