1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Who plays Farmtown?

1. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I'm so addicted to this game. Anyone else play it? Thought it'd be fun to visit others farms. :)

Jun 4, 2009
  2. Jewel

Jewel Member Gold Member

ME 2!!!!!! I tried to find other cheffers but I didn't have any luck. I shouldn't spend so much time on this. I also like vampire wars. Dang Facebook! :eek:

Jun 4, 2009
  3. jbdowd0798

jbdowd0798 Veteran Member Gold Member

I'm on it too! LOL We go on vacation this weekend so I'm planning my fields around it! I know sad!! So what I have left to harvest will be ready in the morning and I'll just plow my fields so they are ready when I get back on Monday afternoon! HA HA HA

Jun 4, 2009
  4. babywings76

We should say what our screen names are and then meet at the market place. :D
    I'm my same name as on here, babywings76

Jun 4, 2009
  5. Jewel

Jewel Member Gold Member

Mine is J, but I gotta get ready for work!!!! I just harvested my trees and fields not planting til later tonight. I have to work till 9, just started a new job (#3), so I'm still trying to plant around that. LOL!!! K going there now, can hang out while I'm changing.

Jun 4, 2009
  6. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Would this be something fun to play with a 5 yr old? (he's always wanting to play computer games...)

Jun 4, 2009
  7. babywings76

It's fun, but since it's an interactive online game, you need to supervise. You get a patch of farmland and plow and plant seeds. Your FB friends can send you "gifts" such as animals and trees. When your crops are ready to be harvested, you earn more if you hire someone to do it. So people go to the Market Place and hire someone. People want to get jobs, because they earn $ from the game for each crop they harvest.

I let my 7 yr. old help me harvest someone's fields or help me plant seeds sometimes, but it's under my name. I wouldn't sign them up on FB and let them play on their own.

Jun 4, 2009
  8. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

I am sooooo addicted! I'm already trying to figure out how to plant around conference!! How sad is that?!?!

Jun 4, 2009
  9. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I'm on Vampire Wars - look me up! Email chefann.etsy@gmail.com, VW name Lacrimosa. I'm always looking to expand my clan.

Not on Farm Town, though.

Jun 4, 2009
  10. chefcharity

oh, I'm Farmer C!

Jun 4, 2009
  11. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Thanks Amanda - I was thinking we would do it together, but I'll have to think about if I really want to get him addicted to it!:rolleyes:

Jun 4, 2009
  12. ughubug

ughubug Member

Jun 4, 2009
  13. MLinAZ

MLinAZ Member Gold Member

It's addicting in a strange way. Sometimes it makes me crazy because it's just so repetitive and yet, I keep replanting LOL

I don't know if we could meet in the marketplace - there's actually many marketplaces. If you go to marketplace, go home and go right back, it will be a whole different set of people.

But we *could* all be neighbors :)

Jun 4, 2009
  14. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

Oh please tell me how to get into this game -- I'm a big game player. I do have an FB account -- now where do I look?

Jun 4, 2009
  15. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

Apparently, at least half a dozen friends on Facebook. One of them roped me into it and I quickly lost interest. I ignore about 4-5 Farmtown requests every time I log in.

16. babywings76

Go under search and enter in Farm Town. It's logo is a red letter F. Just click that to get started.

Jun 4, 2009
  17. babywings76

I always wondered about that! Being several real time market places. Because sometimes I'd click on someone to check out their farm, go back to the market place and no one the same was there.

So I guess we have to be FB friends first. :)

Jun 4, 2009
  18. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

Somehow I've started. I'm Grandma Gail -- can anyone use that to add me as a neighbor, or whatever??

Jun 4, 2009
  19. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

I am on Farmtown. I love it. I was actually going there to see if my farm is ready to harvest.

Jun 4, 2009
  20. babywings76

I'm going to just plant pumpkins! :D Plus they won't go to waste as fast as grapes or one day crops.

Jun 4, 2009
  21. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

I was told that how long it takes for your food to harvets it will take just as long for it to go to waste. Example pumpkins take 4 days to harvest so they will take 4 days to go bad.

Jun 4, 2009
  22. babywings76

Yeah that's what my sister was telling me as well. I've had grapes go bad once, but never wanted to test out the theory on purpose. :)

Jun 4, 2009
  23. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

Okay...I am addicted too! I'm working on level 26. Jennie, candiejayne (Andrea), Jodi, Ann Frame, Darbi, Sarah Rodriguez, Kristen Stover, Gwendolyn L, Dina, Jenna S-G, and Debi are all my neighbors. The way to "join" it the best is to ask someone to send you a Farm Town gift. I can't send any more today because 26 neighbors right now and sent them all gifts today! LOL!

My friend who got me started has an 11 year old son that loves it. Course my 2 year old grandson can't play but he loves to go on it and see the farms with "animals"! I don't keep the animals because it would take space from my fields and they eat your crops! LOL!

They have a forum there...set up similar to CS...where you can get all the info. It takes the same number of "days" for a crop to go to waste as it does to grow it. However, days are only 20 hours... So 2-day crops take 40 hours, not 48... etc.!

I have had to limit my time on there or I get too involved! I have planted a series of 1-day, 2-day, 3-day, and 4-day crops. I guess when I go to conference, I'll plant all pumpkins and let my DD and SIL harvest them for me! I love playing it! Once you get on, you'll have to go look at my farm... It's called Mamaw's Heavenly Acres! Some who have seen it told me I had cool "crop circles" but they are just a cross and the words "I LOVE JESUS" on my fields!

Jun 4, 2009
  24. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

I'm totally addicted - Level 30! my farm is huge
    But I don't have any PC friends on there. We all need to get together and have a PC farm!

Jun 4, 2009
  25. pcchefjane

Level 30?? Geez! I am nuts trying to get to 26! What is your FB handle so I can add you?

Jun 4, 2009
  26. babywings76

Can we add by just knowing their screen name? I thought we had to see them to click on "add as buddy" or else go through the process of adding as a FB friend and then a neighbor or something?

I'm on level 26! :) I've upgraded as big of a plot of land I can. Now it's just working towards the greenhouses, stone walkways, and mansion. :D

I've seen some really nice farms. But mine's pretty simple. I like to have as much room as possible for the crops.

Oh, just thought I'd let you know (not sure if you were joking or not) but the animals don't really eat your crops. They may look like it though. ;)

Jun 4, 2009
  27. pcchefjane

I read in the forum that they could. Some people were complaining that the crops had vanished and the developers said they could eat your crops! No thanks! I have a small house and a barn. Didn't want to give up a lot of space for things that don't make me money! I have upgraded as big as I can as well! I think the person has to be a FB friend before you can add them as a neighbor...

My FB id is pcchefjane@bellsouth.net. :)

Jun 4, 2009
  28. kristenlee

kristenlee Member

I am addicted to it to. I am under lkrissylea@gmail.com Just let me know you are from Chef Success.

Kristen

Jun 4, 2009
  29. babywings76

Ok, now I feel dumb. I can find you by your email address? I thought I need to search by your full name?

Jun 4, 2009
  30. colegrovet

colegrovet Veteran Member Gold Member

I play... not sure if I'm addicted to it or not.....

got over 1,000,000 coins.
    at level 29...

:)

Jun 4, 2009
  31. babywings76

Oh cool! It worked! :)

Jun 4, 2009
  32. babywings76

Jun 4, 2009
  33. kuntrycook

kuntrycook Novice Member

I play...I'm so addicted to that silly little game...such a waste of time, but I can't help it! I'm a level 26 farmer now!

Jun 4, 2009
  34. letscook04

letscook04 Senior Member Gold Member

I have no clue on what to do on Farmtown:eek: All of my crops died!! I guess that I am to busy with Bejeweled!:D

I will try Vampire Wars!!

Jun 4, 2009
  35. chefcharity

LOL!!! I am glad I'm not the only one thinking of how farmtown can work around NC!

Jun 4, 2009
  36. Dina Atnip

Dina Atnip Advanced Member Gold Member

I am addicted LOL

Jun 4, 2009
  37. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

my only problem with farmtown is it takes me forvever to load some of the big farms it drives me nuts. Other then that I love it.

Jun 4, 2009
  38. pcchefjane

ONE MILLION COINS! OMGoodness! How did you manage that?? Friend me on FB! I want to see that farm! LOL!

Jun 4, 2009
  39. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

First - thank you Jane for hiring me today! A great way to waste, er spend, er - well, that's how I finished up my last hour of work today. Of course, if I didn't get booted off 3 times, and my mouse didn't have a mind of its own, it would have been faster. And, yes, I do love your 'crop circles!' How long did it take you to do that? Did you plow first and then clear?

I have a few CS friends as FT neighbors - strangely, Jane's the only one who posted on this thread. I guess I'm not obsessed enough, because I just checked, and I'm only level 8! Haha. If you want to be my neighbor (I'm not going to wear a sweater, but I will ride the train to see the King and Queen), I'm Sarah Cutler Rodriguez, and my farm is Dragonfly's Farm.

40. carolyn_wing@yahoo.c

carolyn_wing@yahoo.c Member Gold Member

I am also on Farm Town. You can search me as Carolyn Wing and request me to be a friend. I would love lots more neighbors.

Have something to add?