• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Who Plays Farmtown - Join the Fun and Visit Other Farms!

In summary, Farm Town is a fun online game that can be addictive for some people. You get a patch of farmland and plow and plant seeds. Your Facebook friends can send you "gifts" such as animals and trees. When your crops are ready to be harvested, you earn more if you hire someone to do it. So people go to the Market Place and hire someone. People want to get jobs, because they earn $ from the game for each crop they harvest.
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm so addicted to this game. Anyone else play it? Thought it'd be fun to visit others farms. :)

ME 2!!!!!! I tried to find other cheffers but I didn't have any luck. I shouldn't spend so much time on this. I also like vampire wars. Dang Facebook! :eek:

I'm on it too! LOL We go on vacation this weekend so I'm planning my fields around it! I know sad!! So what I have left to harvest will be ready in the morning and I'll just plow my fields so they are ready when I get back on Monday afternoon! HA HA HA

We should say what our screen names are and then meet at the market place. :D
I'm my same name as on here, babywings76

Mine is J, but I gotta get ready for work!!!! I just harvested my trees and fields not planting til later tonight. I have to work till 9, just started a new job (#3), so I'm still trying to plant around that. LOL!!! K going there now, can hang out while I'm changing.

Would this be something fun to play with a 5 yr old? (he's always wanting to play computer games...)

ChefBeckyD said:
Would this be something fun to play with a 5 yr old? (he's always wanting to play computer games...)
It's fun, but since it's an interactive online game, you need to supervise. You get a patch of farmland and plow and plant seeds. Your FB friends can send you "gifts" such as animals and trees. When your crops are ready to be harvested, you earn more if you hire someone to do it. So people go to the Market Place and hire someone. People want to get jobs, because they earn $ from the game for each crop they harvest.I let my 7 yr. old help me harvest someone's fields or help me plant seeds sometimes, but it's under my name. I wouldn't sign them up on FB and let them play on their own.

I am sooooo addicted! I'm already trying to figure out how to plant around conference!! How sad is that?!?!

Jewel said:
ME 2!!!!!! I tried to find other cheffers but I didn't have any luck. I shouldn't spend so much time on this. I also like vampire wars. Dang Facebook! :eek:
I'm on Vampire Wars - look me up! Email [email protected], VW name Lacrimosa. I'm always looking to expand my clan.

Not on Farm Town, though.

oh, I'm Farmer C!

babywings76 said:
It's fun, but since it's an interactive online game, you need to supervise. You get a patch of farmland and plow and plant seeds. Your FB friends can send you "gifts" such as animals and trees. When your crops are ready to be harvested, you earn more if you hire someone to do it. So people go to the Market Place and hire someone. People want to get jobs, because they earn $ from the game for each crop they harvest.

I let my 7 yr. old help me harvest someone's fields or help me plant seeds sometimes, but it's under my name. I wouldn't sign them up on FB and let them play on their own.

Thanks Amanda - I was thinking we would do it together, but I'll have to think about if I really want to get him addicted to it!:rolleyes:

It's addicting in a strange way. Sometimes it makes me crazy because it's just so repetitive and yet, I keep replanting LOL

I don't know if we could meet in the marketplace - there's actually many marketplaces. If you go to marketplace, go home and go right back, it will be a whole different set of people.

But we *could* all be neighbors :)

Oh please tell me how to get into this game -- I'm a big game player. I do have an FB account -- now where do I look?

Apparently, at least half a dozen friends on Facebook. One of them roped me into it and I quickly lost interest. I ignore about 4-5 Farmtown requests every time I log in.

gailz2 said:
Oh please tell me how to get into this game -- I'm a big game player. I do have an FB account -- now where do I look?

Go under search and enter in Farm Town. It's logo is a red letter F. Just click that to get started.

MLinAZ said:
It's addicting in a strange way. Sometimes it makes me crazy because it's just so repetitive and yet, I keep replanting LOL

I don't know if we could meet in the marketplace - there's actually many marketplaces. If you go to marketplace, go home and go right back, it will be a whole different set of people.

But we *could* all be neighbors :)

I always wondered about that! Being several real time market places. Because sometimes I'd click on someone to check out their farm, go back to the market place and no one the same was there.

So I guess we have to be FB friends first. :)

Somehow I've started. I'm Grandma Gail -- can anyone use that to add me as a neighbor, or whatever??

I am on Farmtown. I love it. I was actually going there to see if my farm is ready to harvest.

chefcharity said:
I am sooooo addicted! I'm already trying to figure out how to plant around conference!! How sad is that?!?!

I'm going to just plant pumpkins! :D Plus they won't go to waste as fast as grapes or one day crops.

I was told that how long it takes for your food to harvets it will take just as long for it to go to waste. Example pumpkins take 4 days to harvest so they will take 4 days to go bad.

Yeah that's what my sister was telling me as well. I've had grapes go bad once, but never wanted to test out the theory on purpose. :)

Okay...I am addicted too! I'm working on level 26. Jennie, candiejayne (Andrea), Jodi, Ann Frame, Darbi, Sarah Rodriguez, Kristen Stover, Gwendolyn L, Dina, Jenna S-G, and Debi are all my neighbors. The way to "join" it the best is to ask someone to send you a Farm Town gift. I can't send any more today because 26 neighbors right now and sent them all gifts today! LOL! My friend who got me started has an 11 year old son that loves it. Course my 2 year old grandson can't play but he loves to go on it and see the farms with "animals"! I don't keep the animals because it would take space from my fields and they eat your crops! LOL!They have a forum there...set up similar to CS...where you can get all the info. It takes the same number of "days" for a crop to go to waste as it does to grow it. However, days are only 20 hours... So 2-day crops take 40 hours, not 48... etc.!I have had to limit my time on there or I get too involved! I have planted a series of 1-day, 2-day, 3-day, and 4-day crops. I guess when I go to conference, I'll plant all pumpkins and let my DD and SIL harvest them for me! I love playing it! Once you get on, you'll have to go look at my farm... It's called Mamaw's Heavenly Acres! Some who have seen it told me I had cool "crop circles" but they are just a cross and the words "I LOVE JESUS" on my fields!

I'm totally addicted - Level 30! my farm is huge
But I don't have any PC friends on there. We all need to get together and have a PC farm!

Level 30?? Geez! I am nuts trying to get to 26! What is your FB handle so I can add you?

Can we add by just knowing their screen name? I thought we had to see them to click on "add as buddy" or else go through the process of adding as a FB friend and then a neighbor or something?I'm on level 26! :) I've upgraded as big of a plot of land I can. Now it's just working towards the greenhouses, stone walkways, and mansion. :DI've seen some really nice farms. But mine's pretty simple. I like to have as much room as possible for the crops.Oh, just thought I'd let you know (not sure if you were joking or not) but the animals don't really eat your crops. They may look like it though. ;)

I read in the forum that they could. Some people were complaining that the crops had vanished and the developers said they could eat your crops! No thanks! I have a small house and a barn. Didn't want to give up a lot of space for things that don't make me money! I have upgraded as big as I can as well! I think the person has to be a FB friend before you can add them as a neighbor...My FB id is [email protected]. :)

I am addicted to it to. I am under [email protected] Just let me know you are from Chef Success.

Kristen

Ok, now I feel dumb. I can find you by your email address? I thought I need to search by your full name?

I play... not sure if I'm addicted to it or not.....

got over 1,000,000 coins.
at level 29...

:)

Oh cool! It worked! :)

I play...I'm so addicted to that silly little game...such a waste of time, but I can't help it! I'm a level 26 farmer now!

I have no clue on what to do on Farmtown:eek: All of my crops died!! I guess that I am to busy with Bejeweled!:D

I will try Vampire Wars!!

babywings76 said:
I'm going to just plant pumpkins! :D Plus they won't go to waste as fast as grapes or one day crops.

LOL!!! I am glad I'm not the only one thinking of how farmtown can work around NC!

I am addicted LOL

my only problem with farmtown is it takes me forvever to load some of the big farms it drives me nuts. Other then that I love it.

colegrovet said:
I play... not sure if I'm addicted to it or not.....

got over 1,000,000 coins.
at level 29...

:)

ONE MILLION COINS! OMGoodness! How did you manage that?? Friend me on FB! I want to see that farm! LOL!

First - thank you Jane for hiring me today! A great way to waste, er spend, er - well, that's how I finished up my last hour of work today. Of course, if I didn't get booted off 3 times, and my mouse didn't have a mind of its own, it would have been faster. And, yes, I do love your 'crop circles!' How long did it take you to do that? Did you plow first and then clear?

I have a few CS friends as FT neighbors - strangely, Jane's the only one who posted on this thread. I guess I'm not obsessed enough, because I just checked, and I'm only level 8! Haha. If you want to be my neighbor (I'm not going to wear a sweater, but I will ride the train to see the King and Queen), I'm Sarah Cutler Rodriguez, and my farm is Dragonfly's Farm.

I am also on Farm Town. You can search me as Carolyn Wing and request me to be a friend. I would love lots more neighbors.

Oh dear...Farm Town addicts have got a problem tonight! It is messing up and no one can get on! Oh geez...what are we gonna do??? At least I have watermelons and strawberries which will hold till tomorrow!Sarah...loved you getting those harvested. I just wish they would let us "hire" people to plow too! LOL!The initial set up of my "crop circles" took about 4 hours... I just plowed it all then started "deleting" the ones I wanted gone... I use unplowed land to spell everything out so I don't have to redo it. I changed it a couple of times before I got to 24 x 24 farm land. Now I am done reorganizing. I do a section of 1-day crops, 2-day crops, 3-day crops, then outline my letters in pumpkins (4-day crop).

I know - once you get to level 25 it feels like it takes F*O*R*E*V*E*R to get to the next level. There are more points between level 29 and 30 than there are in the first 15 levles of the entire game. add me - Sharon Blanchard - or [email protected] My farm is Henny Penny Acres and I'm Clemintine Darlin!

OK. I've learned a lot about F from this post. For one, I didn't know about the crops lasting. Two, uh, I already forgot! I did learn from someone harvesting my crops that you could 'hide' your trees to make it easier to harvest!

Anyway, I'm Annabelle, and my farm is "Quilter's Eden". Would love to be your neighbor!

pampchefsarah said:
First - thank you Jane for hiring me today! A great way to waste, er spend, er - well, that's how I finished up my last hour of work today. Of course, if I didn't get booted off 3 times, and my mouse didn't have a mind of its own, it would have been faster. And, yes, I do love your 'crop circles!' How long did it take you to do that? Did you plow first and then clear?

I have a few CS friends as FT neighbors - strangely, Jane's the only one who posted on this thread. I guess I'm not obsessed enough, because I just checked, and I'm only level 8! Haha. If you want to be my neighbor (I'm not going to wear a sweater, but I will ride the train to see the King and Queen), I'm Sarah Cutler Rodriguez, and my farm is Dragonfly's Farm.

I have you as my neighbor.:)

Ann F said:
OK. I've learned a lot about F from this post. For one, I didn't know about the crops lasting. Two, uh, I already forgot! I did learn from someone harvesting my crops that you could 'hide' your trees to make it easier to harvest!

Anyway, I'm Annabelle, and my farm is "Quilter's Eden". Would love to be your neighbor!

Here's another tip that I loved learning:

In addition to clicking "hide tree", you can click on the wrench and de-select "show trees", that way you can harvest someone's farm w/o accidently doing their trees when they've told you to leave them alone. It also helps when the trees are blocking a lot of the crops. It's a lot faster than clicking "hide tree" on each one. :D

Also if you are harvesting someone's farm and you want to click on someone (to hire them or add them to your buddy list or something), just click on the walk symbol to drop the harvest tool. (I have a friend who was on level 30 and didn't know this, so I thought I'd share it just in case there's anyone else who didn't know.)

pcchefjane said:
ONE MILLION COINS! OMGoodness! How did you manage that?? Friend me on FB! I want to see that farm! LOL!

will do tonight when I get home... :)

Did you see all the new changes?! Check out each section of the store! Love the options! I wish we could have bigger farms to fit all the things that we could do with all of them! I just planted some flowers and changed my hairdo! :D

You can "buy" a bigger farm as you move up in levels. You go to I think the real estate office (when you click on map).

You have to be up in the levels though and it costs like $20,000 for the first upgrade.

babywings76 said:
Did you see all the new changes?! Check out each section of the store! Love the options! I wish we could have bigger farms to fit all the things that we could do with all of them! I just planted some flowers and changed my hairdo! :D

me too! Funky pink stripes :D

Love/hate that stupid game! I redid my farm today! Add me as a neighbor. My name on their is Kelly Kay

<H2>1. What is Farmtown and what do you do in the game?</H2><p>Farmtown is a popular social farming game where players can build and manage their own virtual farm. In the game, you can plant and harvest crops, raise animals, and decorate your farm with various items. </p><H2>2. How do I join Farmtown and start playing?</H2><p>To join Farmtown, you can download the game from the App Store or Google Play Store. Once you have the game on your device, you can create an account and start playing immediately. </p><H2>3. Can I visit other players' farms in Farmtown?</H2><p>Yes, you can visit other players' farms in Farmtown by adding them as neighbors. You can also search for other players' farms using their username or by connecting with them through Facebook. </p><H2>4. Are there any benefits to visiting other players' farms?</H2><p>Visiting other players' farms in Farmtown can earn you rewards, such as experience points and coins. It's also a great way to get inspiration for decorating your own farm and to make new friends in the game. </p><H2>5. Is Farmtown available on all devices?</H2><p>Currently, Farmtown is only available on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. However, there are plans to expand the game to other platforms in the future. </p>

1. What is Farmtown and what do you do in the game?

Farmtown is a popular social farming game where players can build and manage their own virtual farm. In the game, you can plant and harvest crops, raise animals, and decorate your farm with various items.

2. How do I join Farmtown and start playing?

To join Farmtown, you can download the game from the App Store or Google Play Store. Once you have the game on your device, you can create an account and start playing immediately.

3. Can I visit other players' farms in Farmtown?

Yes, you can visit other players' farms in Farmtown by adding them as neighbors. You can also search for other players' farms using their username or by connecting with them through Facebook.

4. Are there any benefits to visiting other players' farms?

Visiting other players' farms in Farmtown can earn you rewards, such as experience points and coins. It's also a great way to get inspiration for decorating your own farm and to make new friends in the game.

5. Is Farmtown available on all devices?

Currently, Farmtown is only available on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. However, there are plans to expand the game to other platforms in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Bren706
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefkristin
  • General Chat
Replies