• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Another Travel Related Post - Anyone Live In/Near Pittsburgh?

KatieIn summary, the conversation involved planning a trip to Pittsburgh for the National Kidney Foundation U.S. Transplant Games. The group discussed bringing a travel guide and getting recommendations for places to visit and things to do in the city. They also mentioned wanting to find a nearby movie theater, good restaurants, and places for exercise. The suggestion was made to check out the Visit Pittsburgh website for helpful resources and to ask locals for recommendations.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
We're going to Pittsburgh 7/12-7/16 (which is why I'm not going to NC) for the National Kidney Foundation U.S. Transplant Games. My sister, who, along with my mom, is coming in from CA, asked if anyone (being me or my other sister who lives near me) is bringing a travel guide. Thought I'd see if anyone here has one, or suggestions of where to visit, and mapping ideas.

Thanks,

Sarah

Last edited:
Um... when are you going to Pitts? In July?

My BIL lives there... I'll ask him what you should go see and/or do.

Thanks, Katie, for pointing that out! I fixed the dates.

One thing for sure we need to know is the nearest movie theater to the Convention Center, so we can go see Wall-E. Also, good restaurants, and places we can run/walk for exercise.

Thanks again!!!!

Sarah--

You might want to try typing Pittsburg, PA, into your Google/Yahoo browser and see what comes up. Many times you can get on the city's Chamber of Commerce website and request information (travel guides) to be mailed to you. I was on a Chicago website a couple of weeks ago and I received my packet of information just last week so I can take it to NC with me. HTH!

Hi Sarah,I hope you have a great time at the National Kidney Foundation U.S. Transplant Games in Pittsburgh! I'm sure it will be an inspiring and memorable experience for you and your family. As for a travel guide, I would highly recommend checking out the Visit Pittsburgh website (https://www.visitpittsburgh.com/) for ideas and suggestions on places to visit and things to do in the city. They have a lot of helpful resources, including maps and itineraries, to help you plan your trip. Another great resource would be to ask locals or friends who have visited Pittsburgh for their recommendations. Have a wonderful trip!Best,

1. What are some must-see attractions in Pittsburgh?

Some popular attractions in Pittsburgh include the Carnegie Museum of Natural History, Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, and the Andy Warhol Museum.

2. Are there any good restaurants near Pittsburgh?

Yes, there are many great restaurants in Pittsburgh. Some highly recommended ones are Primanti Brothers, Meat & Potatoes, and Gaucho Parrilla Argentina.

3. How is the public transportation system in Pittsburgh?

Pittsburgh has a reliable public transportation system, including buses, light rail, and inclines. It is also a bike-friendly city with designated bike lanes and rental options.

4. Are there any day trips or excursions from Pittsburgh?

Yes, there are several day trips and excursions that can be taken from Pittsburgh. Some popular options include visiting Fallingwater, a famous Frank Lloyd Wright house, or going on a wine tour in the nearby Laurel Highlands region.

5. What is the best time of year to visit Pittsburgh?

The best time to visit Pittsburgh is during the spring or fall when the weather is pleasant and there are various festivals and events happening. However, each season in Pittsburgh has its charm, so it ultimately depends on personal preference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
Replies
Views
missydivine
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies