• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Has Made the Strawberry Cheesecake Microwave Cake?

and when I finally got it to be done, it was so burned that the entire outside of the cake was black. Seriously, all you have to do is keep checking it. If it's taking too long, add a little water, or even some milk of your choice (I would recommend rice, of course) to the bottom of the dish (to try to speed up the process). I even put toothpicks in the bottom of the dish to keep it from sticking. Good Luck
AJPratt
Silver Member
So I just made this as practice for my show tomorrow night, following instructions to the tee. When I turned it over, it glopped on my plate, half of it cooked, half not. Anyone else have this happen? Any suggestions? Obviously, I'll cook it longer, and I know my microwave isn't the most powerful, is there a way to check for done-ness? I guess the cake tester. HELP!

It has happened to me EVERY SINGLE TIME!! I love the cake and the taste, but for some reason I just can't get it to work for me.

SO, I guess you havent done it for a show?

NOPE!! I was raving over it to my hubby's mom and grandma and when I flipped it out it was every where. Although the fluted stone kept getting stuck while it was turning around. I cooked that blasted cake for nearly 30 mins and it was burnt in places and just barely cooked in some others. I've even tried it in the rice cooker and it still came out the same. Although I've made the Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake several times at home and at nearly all my shows this month and last month and it's turned out everytime!

I am sorry that you guys had a rough time. I made it at a show, and it turned out fine. It took 12 minutes. I checked on it after 10, and then at 11. Does your microwave have a turntable.. Maybe just check with the cake tester, or bbq skewers... see if that helps. Good luck with it.. the cake is awesome I hope it works for you soon!Oh I see that the stone was getting stuck.. maybe that had something to do with it.. Maybe turn the cake every 2 or 3 minutes.. I don't know..

Mine did get stuck. I have a small microwave. The parts that were cooked and weren't burnt were good! I asked the host if she had a big microwave and she said she did. Mine is old, too.

Love It!!I have made this cake at every show so far this month and still have 8 more to make! Everyone raves about it!

I have had to cook it up to 15 minutes depending on the hosts microwave. My suggestion to you is to plate it at the end of the show...I always lift the rice cooker/stone off away from guests (if this is possible) and if it isn't done, I can quickly return it to the rice cooker/stone for longer.

I am actually using the rice cooker for the cake this month because my featured recipe is the chicken enchilada ring. I never like to use stoneware twice! Just my 2 cents!

Could someone post this recipe??I'd love to try this recipe!!

One word of advice with Microwave cakes, if your microwave doesn't have a turn table, it's very hard to bake them evenly and if it's a small microwave on top of that, it takes FOREVER to do, as you're turning it manually and it doesn't cook as well. I went to a show where Thank God I had planned to make Prof. Puffs and microwave cake as an add on, as they wanted to see the rice cooker, well Rice Cooker wouldn't even fit in the microwave and host told me she had a big microwave.

Again, if someone would share this recipe, I'd love to try it, and hubby's birthday is next week, perfect time to test a recipe:eek: !!

Lisa

DZmom said:
It has happened to me EVERY SINGLE TIME!! I love the cake and the taste, but for some reason I just can't get it to work for me.

Donna~I have the same problem! I did try it at a hosts house once and will NEVER do it again! I plopped it out and half was cooked and seriously, the other half was not. I do love the way it tastes but I can't get it to work for me. Another thing that happens to me is when I bake it for longer, it will be burnt on some sides and not the others.

Marlene~I am doing the same featured recipe! The Chicken Enchilada ring but my cake is the Strawberry-Chocolate Skillet Cake! ;)

I would love the recipe if anyone can post it out there. I have a party next week and it sounds like a great add-on.

Shannon

I have the same problem with my microwave, I think it's too small. I'm going to try this cake recipe tonight for my hubby's b-day, only I'm making it in the family skillet. Hope it turns out well!!

Could we make it in the cookware?

Victory was mine, ladies (and gents)!!!I kept checking the dish and it took almost 20 minutes in this host's microwave. A little did stick, but everyone loved it!

Here's the recipe, thanks to a fellow Cheffer.

DuhHere it is:

Attachments

• Strawberry Cheesecake Microwave Cake.doc
    21 KB · Views: 580
Has anyone made this in something other than the fluted pan?

I made this last night in my family skillet, in the oven for about 25-30 minutes. Wow, what a yummy cake! I definately want to make this at my shows later this month. Delish:)

Definitely need to keep it IN THE STONE (don't flip right away) for those 10 minutes afterdone in the microwave. Cake is yummy. Bettrer without frosting, and just fresh strawberries. Maybe a spritz of whipped cream. Yum!

I gave the recipe to my sister in law and she cooked it in the oven in some other pan (not PC) and she said it came out wonderful I don't know how long she baked it or anything.

Well that proves that PC recipes are versitile!

If I let the strawberry cheesecake stay in the stone very long after its cooked it doesn't come out very well or not at all. I have to flip it over right away. I've never tried it in the cookware in the oven. I'l have to try that.

I haven't made this yet but looking at the directions I would place a plate over the top of the stoneware prior to flipping over. Then flip plate & stoneware together and let it set for 10 minutes. Maybe this will help it finish baking and also the steam would loosen up the edges??? Just my 2 cents :)

The cake, will flip very nicely onto our Celebrate plate. That is what I did at a show. Then add the strawberry fans.. Very nice presentation.:)

LacyChef--In the cookware, did you oil and flour like the stoneware directions say? What temp did you set your oven at? The Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake needs at least 40 minutes so I wonder...cooking it for only 25 minutes it doesn't come out runny or gooey in the center?

definitely make sure that you spray the fluted pan very well with cooking spray before cooking and letting the stone sit over the cake on the plate does help loosen it. i made this last weekend and it came out perfect.

I didn't spray it enough but it still came out great!

Chef Kearns said:
LacyChef--In the cookware, did you oil and flour like the stoneware directions say? What temp did you set your oven at? The Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake needs at least 40 minutes so I wonder...cooking it for only 25 minutes it doesn't come out runny or gooey in the center?

I would just spray the pan with oil with the spritzer, or melt butter in the bottom. It did take closer to 30 minutes, that's about how long I bake the turtle fudge cake too. It came out perfect!

How do you serve the strawberry cheesecake if you make it in the skillet? Do you flip it out or serve directly from the skillet?

can someone post this recepie

Pamperedchefpowers it is posted on page 1 of this thread.

I just recently got the SA large square platter. It is great for serving the 12" skillet cakes and looks so pretty. I've tried this cake and the turtle fudge skillet cake and love them both. Also, the pineapple upside down cake is a big hit. I'm cooking it Saturday for a show and will serve on my SA platter. Another option if you don't have the SA platter that I've done in the past is flip it onto your pizza stone and serve it using the Woven Selections basket. I do believe that you sell what you demo!

Jeanie Gay

I don't have a fluted pan - will it work in other pans???

maryhenderlite said:
The cake, will flip very nicely onto our Celebrate plate. That is what I did at a show. Then add the strawberry fans.. Very nice presentation.:)

I like the idea of flipping it onto the celebrate plate:D I'm doing that next time!

Thanks pcjeanie...I have the SA platter and will try it!!!!

PCJeanie-Thanks for the suggestion of serving it on the Lg Round Stone then putting it in the woven selections!! Especially with it being the special next month!! Great idea!

*bump* I'm doing this recipe in an HOUR... anyone know what cookbook its from? I like to reference the cookbooks when I tell 'em what I'm making. :) Thanks!

As far as I know, it's just been "around" Pampered Chef for a LONG time. I don't know if it's from a cookbook. If so, it's not one that's been around for a long time.

I just got it in an email.

fruit76loop said:
I have made this cake at every show so far this month and still have 8 more to make! Everyone raves about it!

I have had to cook it up to 15 minutes depending on the hosts microwave. My suggestion to you is to plate it at the end of the show...I always lift the rice cooker/stone off away from guests (if this is possible) and if it isn't done, I can quickly return it to the rice cooker/stone for longer.

I am actually using the rice cooker for the cake this month because my featured recipe is the chicken enchilada ring. I never like to use stoneware twice! Just my 2 cents!

Marlene, so you leave it in longer than 10 minutes? I love the fluted stone microwave cakes! But DO find many times the tops are a bit mushy.... sometimes I just kind of scrape the top off with one swoop of a spoon (and eat, YUM! lol. Not at a show don't worry). I once flipped it right away and let it sit, but the top wasn't touching the top of the stone, so even more mushy).

I made this cake - it was yummy! But frosted it once and that was too sweet. Filled the center with strawberries another time - much better. But I think I like it as is w/o any topping best. I love the pumpkin chocolate chip cake best. :)

Last edited:
lacychef said:
I like the idea of flipping it onto the celebrate plate:D I'm doing that next time!

The "collections cd these fluted cakes should fit well on the medium or large square (anyone know which?)

The medium square is 10" & so is the fluted stone. So I would say either the Celebrate plate or the large SA square would work better.:D

Ginger:cool:

I flipped it out on the SA Med Square and it worked beautifully. The cake I made was the soda cake. I also added a couple of scoops of frosting to the batter and it all fit on the Med square. The lare sqaure is HUGE! Try it on the med.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • emmabelle47
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • Aun
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies