• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Are You Rooting for Tonight?

I think it's pretty safe to say that I won't be winning any awards for my choices.In summary, the conversation revolves around sports and TV shows. Some participants are rooting for different teams, while others express their dislike for sports and preference for other shows. One person shares their opinion on professional sports and their impact on society. The conversation also touches on the cold weather at a particular game and a player's career. One person also notes the presence of bikini-clad fans at the game. The conversation ends with one person proudly supporting their team, while also mentioning their job at a restaurant/bar.

Who are you rooting for tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Not, who do you think will win...who are you rooting for????

Hey! You don't have the "who gives a flying fig" choice. That's what I'd pick.

Can't wait to see who we will be playing!!! WOO HOO PATS!!!!!!

chefann said:

You put so eloquently what I was thinking.

I'll be watching the season finale of "The Amazing Race" (that's my guilty little "reality" show pleasure). Go Nicolas & Donald!

chefann said:

Yup, purposely excluded it. :D

It's a "who are you rooting for quiz" and nothing is not an option. ;)

Packers just won the toss - go pack!!!!

It's funny, I'm guessing most Packer fans are having a party and will NOT be on here to vote until after!

My husband is a huge Green Bay fan - so of course I'm rooting for them - however I will be watching The Amazing Race with my 3 kids - we always pick who we think is going to win and my 10 year old Noah picked the hippies - so we are hoping for them to win. Although we'll be happy with any of the 3 teams!

Would it make me a bad person to vote w/ Ann ??!!! :eek:

As of 20 minutes ago I can't wait until the superbowl ...........so it'll officially be the end of football season !! GEESH :)

GIANTS!! It's freezing out there!!!! I am glad that I am not a fan sitting there!!!

Giants are winning 3-0:D

and then NASCAR starts...I just can't win. lol

janetupnorth said:
Yup, purposely excluded it. :D It's a "who are you rooting for quiz" and nothing is not an option. ;)
I'm rooting for NOBODY. That's a completely valid opinion in a "who are you rooting for" quiz. In my opinion, professional sports are a waste of money that cause, by cascading the over-emphasis on sports through society and the educational system, under-funding of academics. They also encourage kids to dream of professional sports careers without considering how (un)realistic those dreams are. Often leading to young adults who are unprepared for real life because they were "gonna make it big" and never studied.

Last edited:
I asked my DH and he said the Pack, so that's how I voted. I just got back from Target and now I'm going to clean my office. Exciting life, huh?

Well, Chef Ann, tell us how you really feel. :)My husband was telling me of a show on tv the other night. It had (I don't remember who the player was) a Pro football player on. He was saying how I am 28 years old and I have never had to grow up. I am an adult playing a kids sport and getting paid a lot of money for it. He went on to say I have never even had a "real job".

chefann said:
I agree...that was the choice I was looking for!

I turned it on a few minutes ago, just to see how cold it was there...and they had the poor announcers sitting on the field at halftime. Don't they all get paid enough that they should be inside?!! LOL They couldn't even talk straight...they were so cold!

chefann said:
LMAO!!!! Yep, that's my choice too.

I'll be watching the battle in 'Kitchen Stadium'! Morimoto vs Nicotra (whoever he is).

I am going with Giants. A guy from the town I live in plays with the Giants. He wasn't recruited out of college. He was a walk on and is now playing on special teams.

KellyTheChef said:
They couldn't even talk straight...they were so cold!

Yeah, Jimmy Johnson was sputtering and shivering as he was trying to talk during the pregame. It was funny!

Did you see the girls in the bikini tops in the stands? I'm really hoping that they had enough sense to put a sweatshirt on when they weren't on tv.

Yes, I did see that - YIKES!

P.S. I think I am about to have a heart attack! This game is WAY too stressful and I'm not too optimistic after that interception.

chefkristin said:
Can't wait to see who we will be playing!!! WOO HOO PATS!!!!!!

GUESS ITS NY BABY - HOLLA - GIANTS IN THE HOUSE!!!!!

who rocks the house??? the GIANTS rock the house and when the giants rock the house we bring it all the way down!!! ALL the way down!!! GO NY!!!!

OK - back to PC stuff - just proud -
btw - I am a Jet fan - but DH owns rest/bar - great for business!!!

I just voted for the Giants. They already won, but the poll was still open. :)

I CANNOT believe the Giants won!!:grumpy: I do not like the Mannings:mad: OH well, that will make me cheer that much harder for the Patriots:D

Ok, I was rooting for the Packers. I'm a Redskins fan, so I normally have to pick someone else to root for in the playoffs :) I am okay with the Giants win...Now Eli Manning can stop living in his brothers shadow. I kind of like those Manning boys :) It was a good game...now off to bed. I have tomorrow off, but need to get up early and get LOTS done (I'm already trying to give my self a pep talk, b/c I already don't want to clean :)). Night!

I love the Mannings! But I also love the Packers! I just wish now it would have been Manning against Manning - that would have been really cool!

jrstephens said:
I CANNOT believe the Giants won!!:grumpy: I do not like the Mannings:mad: OH well, that will make me cheer that much harder for the Patriots:D
What is wrong with the Mannings? I know many do like Brady because of his paternity situation. Just curious why the Mannings?

I am a Giants fan (no matter who the quarterback is) after beating Dallas last week (if they won no other game, I would have been happy...as long as they won THAT game!http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w169/baychef_album/nyg.png:D ) I was sure the had the ability to, at the very least, give the Packers a run for their money. They have been playing hard. I think the Pats are unstoppable but one can always hope!

I still voted for my Pack....on to next year!

Janet, I know what you mean. DH & I were sick to our stomachs by the time the game was over!

Oh, & the girls w/bikini's....what idiots! They got what they wanted though; on tv for us all to be shocked!

I've been worrying about this all night. I'm afraid I came off pretty bi*chy with my opinion in my earlier post and I wanted to apologize to everyone. I had a bad weekend, worrying about my job situation. There was no excuse for me to potentially insult you, my extended online cluster. I'm sorry.http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/smilies/slider_grouphugg.gif

chefann said:
I've been worrying about this all night. I'm afraid I came off pretty bi*chy with my opinion in my earlier post and I wanted to apologize to everyone. I had a bad weekend, worrying about my job situation. There was no excuse for me to potentially insult you, my extended online cluster. I'm sorry.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/smilies/slider_grouphugg.gif

{{{{{hugs}}}}} Not to worry!!! I have been in a bi*chy mood too. In the 3 years I've been doing PC, yesterday was the first time I was trying to get shows on my calendar!! I had no luck!!!

Last edited:
chefann said:
I've been worrying about this all night. I'm afraid I came off pretty bi*chy with my opinion in my earlier post and I wanted to apologize to everyone. I had a bad weekend, worrying about my job situation. There was no excuse for me to potentially insult you, my extended online cluster. I'm sorry.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/smilies/slider_grouphugg.gif
We are all entitled Ann! No worries here!!

chefann said:

Wasn't offended but was a bit surprised! Thought to myself, "Now that's not like Ann!"

What's going on with the job situation...did I miss that thread?

Big Hugs!

chefann said:

Don't worry Ann, I live with a husband who RARELY watches football if at all and always roots against the Pack just to stir me up.

Besides PMS and the full moon were rampant at work Friday so I had already chalked it up to "one of those days".

Thanks for the apology though, we still love ya! :love:

I hope your job situation stays steady.

Thanks, everyone.
Diane, you didn't miss anything- I hadn't posted about it. As of right now, I'm still employed although I am back to the "bench" between clients. I don't know how long that will be a viable option, since I was on the bench for a full year (10/2006-11/2007). I still need to tell DH that I was released from my client (a friend was over on Friday, and got to our house before DH did). I'm choosing to view this situation as a kick in the pants to get on the phone and book some more shows. (It wouldn't be as scary if we didn't have $7k in cabinets sitting in the basement, and another $7k of appliances on order.)

I honestly didn't think it was directed at the football supporters on this board. Just an opinion of the sport in general.
Not everyone has to love or even like football, that is the beauty of an opinon.

Ok so this is a great one for those that love Brady, Manning and even Dalla$$! :DThis is funny if you're a football fan... :D
Three quarterbacks, Manning, Romo and Tom Brady, go to heaven to
visit
God and watch the Celtics play a game. God decides who will sit next to
him by asking the boys a question...God asks Peyton Manning first: "What do you believe?" Peyton thinks
long
and hard, looks God in the eye, and says, "I believe in hard work, and
in staying true to family and friends. I believe in giving. I was
lucky,
but I always tried to do right by my fans." God can't help but see the
essential goodness of Manning, and offers him a seat to his left.
Then God turns to Tony Romo and says, "What do you believe?" Tony
says,"
I believe passion, discipline, courage and honor are the fundamentals
of
life.
I, too, have been lucky, but win or lose, I've always tried to be a
true
sportsman, both on and off the playing fields." God is greatly moved by
Tony's sincere eloquence, and he offers him a seat to his right.
Finally, God turns to Tom Brady: "And you, Tom, what do you believe?"
Tom replies, "I believe you're in my seat."HAHA!! I think someone is trying to get Brady in trouble. (Maybe there are some that would rather enter Manning's name instead of Brady's name, or any other named player )

Last edited:

Related to Who Are You Rooting for Tonight?

1. Who are you rooting for tonight?

I am personally rooting for [insert team name here] tonight. I've been a fan for years and I have faith in their abilities.

2. Do you have a personal connection to the team you're rooting for?

Yes, I do. My [insert family member/friend's name] plays for [insert team name here] and I always support them in their games.

3. How do you choose which team to root for?

I usually base my decision on a combination of factors such as the team's performance throughout the season, their players, and any personal connections I may have to the team.

4. Are you a die-hard fan of a particular team?

I wouldn't say I'm a die-hard fan, but I am definitely a loyal supporter of [insert team name here]. I always make sure to catch their games and show my support.

5. Do you ever switch teams you're rooting for mid-game?

No, I don't. Once I've made my decision on who to root for, I stick with it until the end of the game. Even if my team is not doing well, I still have faith and continue to cheer them on.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Poll
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Poll
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views