• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who's Having a Super Bowl Party?

In summary, Beth is making pepperoni pizza twists and Kathleen is posting a recipe for the same. Beth is also rooting for the commercials and Kathleen is rooting for the team.
DebPC
Staff member
And who are you rooting for???
And are you making Pampered Chef Recipes?

I might. I have a PC party at my house (DIL host) at 1. Have thought I might invite everyone over for the game after. I would make the usual: touchdown taco dip, pepperoni pizza twists, buffalo chicken dip, veggies and dip. I'm rooting for the commercials.

Good one Beth! I'm with you there! Some of the commercials are awesome! And good luck with your show- great idea!

We have a party on the Saturday night before Superbowl for DH's Fantasy Football league. We present a trophy to the winner and they get their $ for winning the league.

I do a New Year's eve party - so I am a little burned out (plus was sick most of January) so I am taking the easy way out for Saturday's party and ordering a sandwich platter from the grocery store.

But I will make Stuffed Shells, Jalepeno Dip, Beef Dip, Cheesy Potatoes, Ham/Cheese crescent things, and the Chili-Lime Meatballs from our Appetizers book. Everyone just LOVES those meatballs! Oh! And profiterole puffs for dessert!

For Superbowl, DH and I like it quiet and calm so we can enjoy the game and commercials. We make appetizers all day and just graze!

Unfortunately, I will be working at my "other job" (at a grocery store) :(. My sister 'n law usually hosts a party, and unfortunately, since we only have one vehicle, my hubby will most likely stuck at home with the 3 kids.

Hi Beth,

What are pepperoni pizza twists? Sounds yummy and I might make if you would be willing to share the recipe!

Thanks!

So I totally thought the super bowl was next weekend until my boss asked me if I was having a party. I was planning on doing something and just having family over but since I spaced out on the date, I doubt that will happen.

I'm rooting for Harbaugh's team ;)

mgranich said:
Hi Beth,

What are pepperoni pizza twists? Sounds yummy and I might make if you would be willing to share the recipe!

Thanks!

Here is a Pepperoni Pizza Twist Recipe (not sure if this is the exact one Beth is amking). It was in one of the older Season's Bests. If you have All the Best, page 55 has the Bistro Chicken Twist and the Variation gives the Pizza Twist recipe. Personally, I don't care for the olives and use a small can of sliced mushrooms instead. It is really good!

Pepperoni Pizza Twist
Ingredients:
1 package (3.5 ounces) pepperoni slices, diced
1 can (3.25 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and chopped
2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 garlic clove, pressed
2 packages (11 ounces each) refrigerated French bread dough
1 egg
1 teaspoon Pantry Italian Seasoning Mix
2 tablespoons (1/2 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Dice pepperoni using Chef's Knife. Chop olives using Food Chopper. Snip parsley using Kitchen Shears. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine pepperoni, olives, parsley, mozzarella cheese, flour and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well using Small Mix 'N Scraper.

2. Place bread dough, seam sides up, on smooth side of Large Grooved Cutting Board. Using Serrated Bread Knife, slice each loaf lengthwise, end to end, cutting halfway through to center of loaf; spread open flat. Lightly sprinkle additional flour evenly over dough using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Using Baker's Roller, roll dough crosswise to a 4-inch width, creating a well down center of each loaf.

3. Spoon half of the pepperoni mixture down center of each loaf. Gather up edges over filling, pinching firmly to seal. Place loaves, seam sides down, in an "X" pattern on Rectangle Stone. Crisscross ends of dough to form a large figure "8," keeping ends of dough 1 inch from edge of stone and leaving two 1 1/2-inch openings in center of twist.

4. Separate egg over Small Batter Bowl using Egg Separator. (Discard yolk or set aside for another use.) Beat egg white and seasoning mix; lightly brush over dough using Pastry Brush. Using serrated bread knife, cut a 3-inch slit in each of the top sections of the twist to reveal filling.

5. Grate Parmesan cheese over loaf using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Bake 30-32 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 10 minutes. Cut into 16 slices. Serve with warm pizza sauce, if desired.

Yield: 16 appetizers or 24 sample servings

Cook's Tip: If desired, 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper can be substituted for the olives.

To heat pizza sauce, pour sauce into Small Oval Baker. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until heated through; stir.

Thanks Kathleen for posting the recipe. I didn't see her request.

I sometimes substitue sausage (cooked) for the pepperoni and my family doesn't like the black olives so we skip those. It's a must have around here for the big games.

BethCooks4U said:
Thanks Kathleen for posting the recipe. I didn't see her request.

I sometimes substitue sausage (cooked) for the pepperoni and my family doesn't like the black olives so we skip those. It's a must have around here for the big games.

That's a good idea about the sausage!

I wish I could see a picture of this! Sounds great! I'd love to post it on my biz page as a Game Day recipe. :D

babywings76 said:
I wish I could see a picture of this! Sounds great! I'd love to post it on my biz page as a Game Day recipe. :D

Here is the pic when it was on the cover of a SB.

Attachments

• SB2002.jpg
    SB2002.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 683

1. What are some easy appetizer ideas for a Super Bowl party?

Some easy appetizer ideas for a Super Bowl party include chips and dip, mini sliders, pigs in a blanket, and buffalo chicken dip. You can also try making a charcuterie board or vegetable platter for a healthier option.

2. How can I make sure I have enough food for my Super Bowl party?

To make sure you have enough food for your Super Bowl party, estimate about 1.5 to 2 servings per person. This will ensure that everyone has enough to eat without having too many leftovers. You can also ask guests to bring a dish to share to help with the food spread.

3. What are some crowd-pleasing desserts for a Super Bowl party?

Some crowd-pleasing desserts for a Super Bowl party include brownies, cookies, and cupcakes decorated in team colors. You can also try making a football-shaped cake or a football-themed dessert dip with fruit and chocolate.

4. How can I keep my drinks cold during the Super Bowl party?

To keep your drinks cold during the Super Bowl party, consider investing in a large cooler or filling a bathtub with ice and storing the drinks there. You can also rotate out smaller coolers with ice to keep drinks cold throughout the party.

5. What are some fun activities or games to have at a Super Bowl party?

Some fun activities or games to have at a Super Bowl party include a football-themed scavenger hunt, Super Bowl bingo, and a prediction game where guests can guess the final score or MVP. You can also set up a photo booth with props for guests to take pictures with.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• fun2cook2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • chefkugler
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies