• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Grater Would You Recommend?

In summary, the old grater produces longer shreds, but if the customer goes back-and-forth with it, she'll end up with shorter strands. The newer grater is perfect for cheddar cheese, but isn't good for soft cheeses like mozzarella.
PamperedChefMelissa
Gold Member
I have a customer who cannot decide which grater to buy. Which would you recommend, the old one only available for a few more days or the one coming in Fall? The reason I came here is because I do not own either of them and don't plan too so I need some major help. Here is what she's been looking for:

shorter shreds of cheese not long
she has slight arthritis in both hands so she wants something easy on her hands
she wants to be able to use the grater with chocolate also

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

The old grater produces longer shreds. If she goes back & forth with the new one, she'll get shorter strands.
Has she considered the microplane? Perfect for chocolate, garlic, parmesan, etc. If she wants it for cheddar / mozzarella, and other soft cheeses, I'd say go with the newer one. If she wants it for parm & choc., etc I'd recommend the microplane (even though it isn't one of the graters you asked about - lol)

the one complaint that I have with the new one is that the "strands" are like thread!! Well, atleast with the mozzarella (the only one I've done so far)

I didn't even think about the Microplane... silly on my part. I use mine almost daily and love it. I'm going to give her a call now! Thanks Charity!!:)

in the product showcase room at conf they were doing demos with the new grater. She actually had all the cheese cubed into about 1 inch squares, she didn't get long strands. I will have to try the going back and forth trick too.

A host of mine tried the Microplan Grater with cheddar cheese and it worked fine. She liked how fluffy it made the cheese. It just takes a long time to grate the cheese.

With arthritis, I'd recommend the newest grater.

I myself am having a hard time deciding which grater I like better. I like the 2 barrels that the "old" one has but I like the size of the barrel on the new one. I am so undecided.

1. Which grater would you recommend for grating cheese?

For grating cheese, we recommend our Microplane Grater. It features ultra-sharp stainless steel blades that make grating cheese a breeze. It also has a soft-grip handle for comfortable use and a cover for safe storage.

2. What grater is best for zesting citrus fruits?

Our Citrus Zester is perfect for zesting citrus fruits. It has a curved design that hugs the fruit for maximum zest extraction. The sharp blades make it easy to get finely grated zest without any bitter pith.

3. I need a grater for shredding vegetables, which one do you suggest?

We recommend our Ultimate Mandoline Slicer for shredding vegetables. It has multiple blade options for different shredding sizes and a safety guard to protect your fingers. It also has a non-slip base for stability while in use.

4. What grater would be best for grating chocolate?

Our Rotary Grater is perfect for grating chocolate. It has a sharp stainless steel cylinder that easily grates chocolate into fine shavings. It also has a comfortable handle and a storage container for easy use and cleanup.

5. Which grater is best for grating hard cheeses like Parmesan?

We recommend our Box Grater for grating hard cheeses like Parmesan. It has different grating surfaces for different textures and a sturdy design that can handle hard cheeses. It also has a removable container for catching and measuring grated cheese.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedSD
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • dymplz8
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KateD
Replies