• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Candidate Do You Really Support?

In summary, a website was shared where users can input their political and social beliefs to calculate which presidential candidate they most agree with. Many were surprised to find out their views were not aligned with their chosen candidate. Some had a higher percentage match with a different candidate. Some found the results to be accurate while others questioned the accuracy of the percentages. Overall, the website was seen as a cool and interesting way to determine political alignment.
Hathery
Gold Member
Since there is so much false info and spin going around, I thought I'd introduce a fun new approach to figuring out who to vote for. This is a quiz where you input your own political and social beliefs, and it calculates which candidate you most agree with based on your answers. I did this last election along with a few friends, and some were very surprised to find out their views weren't actually in line at all with the candidate they were supporting. Feel free to share your results :)

http://www.votehelp.org/

I'm a 96.13% match for Obama, and a 63.69% match for McCain, BTW :)

Cool Site.

That was interesting.

No surprise: 94.34% with Obama

Surprise: 69.28% with McCain

BethCooks4U said:
No surprise: 94.34% with Obama

Surprise: 69.28% with McCain

I was very surprised that I agree w/ McCain more than half of the time!

Hathery said:
I was very surprised that I agree w/ McCain more than half of the time!

Um, that's because in every debate, Obama keeps saying he agrees with McCain. :D

janetupnorth said:
Um, that's because in every debate, Obama keeps saying he agrees with McCain. :D

So funny and SO TRUE!!!

93% McCain

33% Obama

But the issues I'm most passionate about were on the side of McCain.

That was a pretty cool web site. Have to send that off to a few people.

McCain 98%
Obama 40% (I rounded... I'm anti- decimal tonight...)

Thanks for sharing the "quiz" it was fun...

I came out 83.72% Obama...Cool way of graphing out the results as well

Hathery said:
I'm a 96.13% match for Obama, and a 63.69% match for McCain, BTW :)

Gee.

There's a shock.

KG, don't have a heart attack down there...I'm too far away to get the defrib. there in time. ;)

janetupnorth said:
KG, don't have a heart attack down there...I'm too far away to get the defrib. there in time. ;)

KG- if you do have a heart attack, just stick your finger in a light socket... It's much cheaper than Janet's defribulator! :) LOL...

I broke out in spontaneous laughter at your post...:D

Barack Obama
79.24% match on issues.

John McCain
70.03% match on issues.
This was interesting because I am not into politics at all and am still undecided on who I am voting for.

merego said:
Barack Obama
79.24% match on issues.

John McCain
70.03% match on issues.
This was interesting because I am not into politics at all and am still undecided on who I am voting for.

Hey stranger... how are you?

Kitchen Diva said:
KG- if you do have a heart attack, just stick your finger in a light socket... It's much cheaper than Janet's defribulator! :) LOL...

I broke out in spontaneous laughter at your post...:D

I keep my beer cold in the defriberator.

Mine was 87% McCain and 83% Obama...not really a surprise. I don't agree 100% with McCain but feel that he is the lesser of 2 evils and he more closely matches with my moral values.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I keep my beer cold in the defriberator.

Did I ever tell you about the guy that flew off a snowmobile, through an open door in the basement and into the refrigerator?

Gave new meaning to freezer head...

I was surprised by mine as well, but am taking Shawna's stance.
86% McCain
78% Obama

Just watch your percentages, and make sure they are accurate. I KNEW mine couldn't be right, so I figured them out myself. I agreed with Obama on 6 out of 20 questions - and it rated that as a 77% agreement rate. (interesting math don't you think?) I kept all of mine as Average, unless it was an obvious agree vs disagree issue...so that didn't play into it either.

Hmmmm, very interesting!

1. Barack Obama
92.37% match on issues.

2. John McCain
77.55% match on issues.

Ironically, I disagree with both of them on certain key issues, such as stem cell research.

McCain: 90.89%
Obama: 71.86%

ChefBeckyD said:
Just watch your percentages, and make sure they are accurate. I KNEW mine couldn't be right, so I figured them out myself. I agreed with Obama on 6 out of 20 questions - and it rated that as a 77% agreement rate. (interesting math don't you think?) I kept all of mine as Average, unless it was an obvious agree vs disagree issue...so that didn't play into it either.

I thought the percentages were interesting, too. I thought it had to do with the "strongly agree" vs. "strongly disagree" thing, but since you left them at average that can't be it. Hmm! This is why I wasn't a math major :)

pretty much told me what I already knew..

87 McCain
83 Obama

I'm in the middle... Just need to decide what is most important to me.
Cool site though!

I was 93 Obama and 86 McCain. I don't think they are all that far apart on most issues. Didn't they talk about running together an election or two ago?

fikibiff said:
I was 93 Obama and 86 McCain. I don't think they are all that far apart on most issues. Didn't they talk about running together an election or two ago?

Hmm, not that I know of. That would be really interesting if you're right!!

fikibiff said:

LOL - I highly doubt it.:)

Obama had only been a senator for 140 odd days when he began his bid for the presidency. He hasn't been around long enough for McCain to have run with him an election or two ago!

Mine was McCain 93% obama 4% no surprise there..

Check this out:

Bar Stool Economics ...
Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.
The fifth would pay $1.
The sixth would pay $3.
The seventh would pay $7.
The eighth would pay $12.
The ninth would pay $18.
The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.

The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve. 'Since you are all=2 0such good customers, he said, 'I'm going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20. Drinks for the ten now cost just $80.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes so the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men - the paying customers? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his 'fair share?'
They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody's share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer. So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay.

And so:

The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% savings).
The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33%savings).
The seventh now paid $5 instead of $7 (28%savings).
The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% savings).
The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% savings).
The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% savings).

Each of the six was better off than before And the first four continued to drink for free. But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings.

'I only got a dollar out of the $20', declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man,' but he got $10!'

'Yeah, that's right', exclaimed the fifth man. 'I only sav ed a dollar, too. It's unfair that he got ten times more than I!'

'That's true!!' shouted the seventh man. 'Why should he get $10 back when I got only two? The wealthy get all the breaks!'

'Wait a minute,' yelled the first four men in unison. 'We didn't get anything at all. The system exploits the poor!'

The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn't show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn't have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

And that, boys and girls , journalists and college professors, is how our tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.

For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL - I highly doubt it.:)

Obama had only been a senator for 140 odd days when he began his bid for the presidency. He hasn't been around long enough for McCain to have run with him an election or two ago!

I know I heard this somewhere - can't remember where, though. I looked around on the internet and did find a lot of speculation that McCain might run on the Democrate ticket in 2002. Interesting that so many thought he could run, and win, as a Democrat just 4 years ago.

fikibiff said:
I know I heard this somewhere - can't remember where, though. I looked around on the internet and did find a lot of speculation that McCain might run on the Democrate ticket in 2002. Interesting that so many thought he could run, and win, as a Democrat just 4 years ago.

He used to be a lot more of an independent than he is now.

95% McCain
61% Obama

But, as I see what I supposedly agree with Obama about, I know that really isn't the case. For ex) on abortion mine was "strongly disagree" and his says "agree" when it should say "strongly agree" if you look at his record and what he says he will do about that issue if he is elected. I know I am totally opposite of him in that area.

fikibiff said:

I think you are thinking of Joe Biden

John Stossel (sp?) is very interesting tonight on 20/20. ABC

JAE said:
John Stossel (sp?) is very interesting tonight on 20/20. ABC

I was JUST coming on here to post that same thing! I want John Stossel to be president!

Does anyone ever watch Glenn Beck?? I want him to run for President or at least Vice President! LOL

Not a Glen Beck fan. Even if I agree with what he says...I don't like the way he says it.

Well, my husband watches him all the time. I do get annoyed sometimes and only half watch, but he does have common sense, which I think most politicians lack!! LOL

gingertannery said:
Mine was McCain 93% obama 4% no surprise there..

Check this out:

Bar Stool Economics ...
Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.
The fifth would pay $1.
The sixth would pay $3.
The seventh would pay $7.
The eighth would pay $12.
The ninth would pay $18.
The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.

The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve. 'Since you are all=2 0such good customers, he said, 'I'm going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20. Drinks for the ten now cost just $80.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes so the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men - the paying customers? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his 'fair share?'
They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody's share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer. So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay.

And so:

The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% savings).
The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33%savings).
The seventh now paid $5 instead of $7 (28%savings).
The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% savings).
The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% savings).
The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% savings).

Each of the six was better off than before And the first four continued to drink for free. But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings.

'I only got a dollar out of the $20', declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man,' but he got $10!'

'Yeah, that's right', exclaimed the fifth man. 'I only sav ed a dollar, too. It's unfair that he got ten times more than I!'

'That's true!!' shouted the seventh man. 'Why should he get $10 back when I got only two? The wealthy get all the breaks!'

'Wait a minute,' yelled the first four men in unison. 'We didn't get anything at all. The system exploits the poor!'

The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn't show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn't have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

And that, boys and girls , journalists and college professors, is how our tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.

For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Ginger- Thank you for this! (from someone who up until recently was guy/gal #10

such a true story/comparison...lo Interesting enough this same thing works in a lot of areas, not just finance. There are always some who take advantage of the people who try to help them. The more I work with people the more I realize that...the more you try to help someone, the more they try to exploit you. And, its always the people you work hard to help that turn around and bite you in the patootie when things don't go there way.

1. What is the purpose of the "Which Candidate Do You Really Support?" quiz?

The purpose of this quiz is to help individuals determine which presidential candidate aligns most closely with their personal political and social beliefs.

2. How does the quiz work?

The quiz uses a series of questions to gather information about an individual's political and social views. Based on their answers, the quiz calculates which candidate they most agree with and provides a result.

3. Is the quiz biased towards a particular candidate or party?

No, the quiz is designed to be unbiased and simply provides a result based on the individual's answers. It is not affiliated with any specific candidate or party.

4. Can the quiz be taken multiple times?

Yes, the quiz can be taken multiple times. It is recommended to take the quiz periodically throughout the election season as candidates' stances may change.

5. Can I share my results from the quiz with others?

Yes, you are encouraged to share your results with others. It can be a fun and informative way to discuss and compare political beliefs with friends and family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RMDave
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lcucinella
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • The_Kitchen_Guy