• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where to Find Affordable Prescription Glasses for Uninsured Teens?

In summary, this site provides affordable prescription glasses. There are a variety of frames and types of glasses available. The quality of the frames is not as good as at the optometrist, but they are affordable.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Kelly - what is that site for those reasonable prescription glasses again?

I go to the eye doctor in a week and want to check it out again...

Thanks Jeanine! I couldn't think of it before!

My DH and Sister uses these guys too! Love them!!

Yep! That's the one! I am still soooooooooo in love with having more than one pair of glasses to choose from!

KellyTheChef said:
Yep! That's the one! I am still soooooooooo in love with having more than one pair of glasses to choose from!

DH has 5 pair from them. Now they are all over the house...:rolleyes:

Great prices!!! I go to either Costco or BJ's for mine.

I love mine too from there. I have to go in the next few months to update my prescription and will be ordering from there again!

I ended up getting 3 pairs - 2 regular, 1 sunglasses from there for $42 including S/H. That's pretty good! I just took them today to the eye doctor to have them checked and they said they fulfilled the prescription PERFECTLY!I think this is a great place to get glasses for kids who are prone to break them.

I love this site, cheap and I don't feel bad if I break them!

I have gotten TONS of complements on both of my regular pair of glasses that I got there. I do have to say, the quality of the frame is not quite what you would get at the optomitrist, but for the ASTRONOMICAL price savings there is just no comparison. I could break 15 pair of glasses and still break even off the price of the last pair of glasses I got at the eye place in comparison to zenni!! lol

I was just looking for this thread and thought I would bump it incase someone else was, too!

I got two pairs from them like a month ago and I only paid like $25 total!

Has anyone heard from Kelly lately? I saw her pop on once after the baby was born, but haven't seen her since. I hope everything is okay.

thanks for bumping this, i'm going to add this site to my favorites. they have a lot of cute frames. there are a lot similar to the ones that I wanted to get, but could not afford at the eye doctors.

Yeah, I've been thinking/wondering about her too.

My guess is that with the baby and the holidays, she has been super busy...

I hope so!

Anyone else know?

Kelly, are you out there?

I have "seen" Kelly on Facebook.

Wow! Wish I knew about this place a week ago! Oh well, there's always next year, or if this pair breaks, or I need sunglasses....
Thanks for posting!

my whole family goes to an eye dr. ...5 of us wear contacts and glasses.
I just made an appt. for my 11 year old twins. they both wear soft lenses and glasses. They both are getting new exams. I do I handle it tactfully with the D.r. office to say I want their prescription so I can go on line and get these glasses? We will be ordering their contacts from him? Help

We got a "not so sure about this, but what can one pair hurt" pair for our oldest, and they are great. Next month, we are ordering for me, our 8 year old, and more for oldest.

Kreaser, As far as the doctors office, if you're really nervous, just say you want it for your records. But, A LOT OF PEOPLE go one place for eye exam and another for the eye glasses. There are just so many places to go now. Just ask!!!!

kreaser said:
my whole family goes to an eye dr. ...5 of us wear contacts and glasses.
I just made an appt. for my 11 year old twins. they both wear soft lenses and glasses. They both are getting new exams. I do I handle it tactfully with the D.r. office to say I want their prescription so I can go on line and get these glasses? We will be ordering their contacts from him? Help

We had a hard time getting the script for contacts from one eye Dr but it is the law it is your script and they have to give it to you.n My husband said if they meet the price of 1800contacts we would let them order them they couldn't and gave us the script and have never had an issue with us getting it since, I didn't know about this glasses place. I would have done the same...I just bought a pair a month ago they will last 10 years because I usually wear contacts.

O.k., how did you all get a pupillary distance from your eye doctor? Mine says they don't measure that until you are ordering glasses and then they won't give it out. So, how did you all get them??

chefshawna said:
O.k., how did you all get a pupillary distance from your eye doctor? Mine says they don't measure that until you are ordering glasses and then they won't give it out. So, how did you all get them??

My DH does it all the time. He has several pair from them. You do it yourself, you look in the mirror & measure from 1 pupil to the other....thats it!! :D
The Doctor doesn't want you to go there, because he won't make TONS off of you.....HTH

Ginger428 said:
My DH does it all the time. He has several pair from them. You do it yourself, you look in the mirror & measure from 1 pupil to the other....thats it!! :D
The Doctor doesn't want you to go there, because he won't make TONS off of you.....HTH

Thanks! I will have to try that.

Thanks for bumping! Now I can afford a pair of glasses for my son - 19, not in school, so no longer on my insurance.

Question - how do you add the Photochromic upgrade? I don't see it listed as an option.

Related to Where to Find Affordable Prescription Glasses for Uninsured Teens?

1. What are Kellythechef glasses made of?

Kellythechef glasses are made of high-quality tempered glass, which is durable and resistant to breaking or chipping.

2. Are Kellythechef glasses safe to use in the microwave or oven?

Yes, Kellythechef glasses are safe to use in the microwave and oven up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. However, they should not be placed under a broiler or directly on a stovetop.

3. Can Kellythechef glasses be used for hot beverages?

Yes, Kellythechef glasses are suitable for both hot and cold beverages. They are also great for serving desserts or individual servings of soups or salads.

4. Are Kellythechef glasses dishwasher safe?

Yes, Kellythechef glasses are dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing them to prolong their lifespan and prevent any potential scratches.

5. What is the capacity of Kellythechef glasses?

The capacity of Kellythechef glasses varies depending on the specific product. However, most glasses can hold up to 12 ounces of liquid.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chefstover2
  • gailz2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • quiverfull7
  • General Chat
Replies