• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When You Feel Like You Have Burned Out Your Friends and Family

In summary, the author is trying to get more businesses by hosting a show. She contacted 16 people and 3 never acknowledged her IM. She got one booking off of the show she had and started making phone calls. She currently has 17 shows booked and she is trying to get more leads.
pamperedchef88
Gold Member
Ok so please correct me if I am wrong. I am not a seasoned consultant I have been doing this for under a year.

I feel as if I have burned out all my friends and family they have all helped but I still can't get my business up and running. I felt like I had talked to everyone and still had an empty calander

So I came up with a this idea. I decied to get on my facebook where I have 200 somthing friends and I decided to go for the NO and instant message each one as they logged in and ask how they were doing and ask if they knew of anyone who might be interested in earing a ton of new products for the holidays by hosting a show or bridal show or if they new of a favorite charity or cause that someone might want to do a fundraiser for.

The results were amazing because people dont feel like you are asking them and they feel the freedom to say no but they also feel like they can say yes and I think more of my shows will hold from this because if I didnt even ask and they said they wanted free products then that show a geniune intrest.

My results were as follows for only 2hrs of doing this:

16 people contacted

-3 Never acknowledged my IM
-1 phone number (a friend said her boss might love it so she said to call her)
-1 who might like to host in the future
-2 direct bookings
-1 former host who wants to host again
-3 No's
-1 who didnt have a referal but wanted a gift certificate for her families gift exchange
-1 ended up with me being booked at a ladies night out christmas event
-1 Fundraiser
-2 thinking about friends who might be interested and will let me know

I thought this was pretty good and there were several who gave me referals that said they have friends they would check with. I was shocked how many of them said wait your a PC consultant I didnt realize that I love PC. I was shocked how many people I guess I didnt tell.

I think after this experiment my confidence has been boosted enough ( I found it frustrating that I didnt get more NO's cause I wanted 10 lol) that I can actually contact people by phone too and ask about the business oppurtunity. I know there are better ways out there but if you cant bring yourself to make calls at least this gives you something to try.

Just an idea that has worked for me

awesome!!!!! it really only takes one great show to get your business going..... sometimes, it is just finding that show.

i came home from conference with one show on the books. i got two bookings off of that one, and started making phone calls. i currently have 17 shows on the books, and don't know if i can handle 10 in October.... yes 10!!!!!! it just takes asking. i had a show thursday and got 4 bookings from one show and all are in the next 2 months. it's all about host coaching!!!!! host coach your current hosts well and the guests will be able to see the ease of the show and will want to book!!!!

So excited for you. Keep up the momentum.

Kudos for reaching out and I love the results! Congrats!

Pampered88, you are a star! good for you for reaching out. I like the idea of PM'ing people better than just posting it. What did you say, or did you tailor it for each person?

No I didnt talior it for most but I did make sure to keep it very causual because I wanted it to be a normal conversation not a I am pinning you to a wall and I wont let you go until you give me a lead lol.

"hey I have a bit of a random question for you. Do you know of anyone who might want to host a Pampered Chef show, bridal shower, or fundraiser and earn a bunch of free products, or do you maybe know of someone who is looking to make a little extra and might want to become a consultant if not thats fine I have just taken a challenge to ask everyone I know"

It's far from the perfect wording and I have tweaked it a little but in general I really try to just ask and I have even mentioned to some that I have taken a challange to grow my business so I am looking for more leads.

I do try to get to the point though I did chit chat with a few before asking but I hate to make some one feel like I asked how there day was going just to act polite before asking my REAL question.

I just wanted to let you know that I took a lead from this post. I was on FB today and saw that a friend form college was on (I have not talked to her much in like 5 years). I just started chatting and catching up... Trying to find a time to bring up PC. She actually brought it up herself and said "Hey, I hear you sell PC now" - 15 minutes later and I have sent her my latest newsletter, we are talking about open dates, and have a plan to follow up and set a date.

Thanks for the idea!!!
Ashley

pamperedchef88 said:
No I didnt talior it for most but I did make sure to keep it very causual because I wanted it to be a normal conversation not a I am pinning you to a wall and I wont let you go until you give me a lead lol.

"hey I have a bit of a random question for you. Do you know of anyone who might want to host a Pampered Chef show, bridal shower, or fundraiser and earn a bunch of free products, or do you maybe know of someone who is looking to make a little extra and might want to become a consultant if not thats fine I have just taken a challenge to ask everyone I know"

It's far from the perfect wording and I have tweaked it a little but in general I really try to just ask and I have even mentioned to some that I have taken a challange to grow my business so I am looking for more leads.

I do try to get to the point though I did chit chat with a few before asking but I hate to make some one feel like I asked how there day was going just to act polite before asking my REAL question.

I am going to try this! Not on Facebook though. Most of my friends on there live stateside and I am in Japan for now. But I can hit up my bus stop moms and people I know around the bases!

PamperedChef88, thanks so much. I'm starting the Step Up Your Business and this is a great idea to help me. I'm having a real hard time asking, and this will work even in person, because it asks the other person for help without putting them on the spot. And I like mentioning that you have just taken a challenge to ask everyone you know.
thanks

Thanks for this! I signed up Friday, got sick Sunday, lost my voice Monday and Tuesday so haven't made the calls I wanted to...went on FB and got some great leads!!!

Good for you! I believe there is also a file in the files section for an A-Z list of where to find business. Also, if you go to the "Step Up Your Business" Forum, there is a thread called "Where's the Lead" , which is an acronym using the letters to show you where you can find leads outside your friends and family as well.

I can't believe I just noticed this ... I'm going to try this tonight!

IC- did you try it? I tried again last night: 3 didn't answer my IM, 2 possible leads, and 1 booking!

Nope ... not just yet ... I couldn't get on this site all night and then I got on facebook and found a classmate's husband had died! Of course I wouldn't have sent an IM to her, but at the time I just felt like I'd been saved from an awkward situation!

Well, started FB project ... only a few so far but am going for more this weekend and we'll see. Sorted my contacts into lists so I started with "church family" meaning anyone I've ever gone to church with at any point in my life!

Had to work REALLY HARD not to pre-judge anybody. I heard those voices in my head, "Her? She's a cullinary school grad" "She's too busy" "She's hardly ever on here" "She's been sick" and "Oh, she lives out of the state." (OK, that last one would be a deal breaker.) But I liked the wording posted here so I used it after I cleaned it up a little tiny bit ... also added some personal wording to each one. Let's see what happens.

UPDATE: If anyone else does this (and I will in the future) I would suggest tweaking the wording to refer to "you or someone you know" because both of my responders said no, they don't know anybody. And yet ... one goes on and on about how much she loves the products but her friends do other shows, and the other goes on and on about how she's so broke, her daughter is in ballet and she needs money for uniforms ... HELLO? That screams fundraiser and I told her to keep that in mind for future reference.

Nice approaches Intrepid!

1. How can I tell if I have burned out my friends and family?

You may notice that your friends and family seem distant or uninterested in spending time with you. They may also express frustration or avoidance when you try to make plans with them.

2. What are some signs of burnout in relationships?

Some signs of burnout in relationships include feeling drained or exhausted after spending time with loved ones, avoiding social activities, and feeling resentful or irritable towards friends and family.

3. What can I do if I feel like I have burned out my friends and family?

The first step is to acknowledge and take responsibility for your actions. Then, have open and honest conversations with your loved ones about how you have been feeling and listen to their perspectives. It may also be helpful to take a break from social interactions and focus on self-care to recharge.

4. How can I prevent burnout in my relationships?

Take care of your own needs and set boundaries in your relationships. Communicate openly and honestly with your loved ones and make time for self-care and alone time. It's also important to regularly check in with yourself and your relationships to address any potential issues before they become overwhelming.

5. Is it possible to repair burned out relationships?

Yes, it is possible to repair burned out relationships with effort and communication. Start by apologizing for any hurt you may have caused and actively work on rebuilding trust and connection with your loved ones. Seek therapy or counseling if necessary to help navigate and heal from the burnout.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • dooleycrew
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
dooleycooks
  • diamond78
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies