• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Did You Finally Get Bookings After Contacting Friends and Family?

In summary, the consultant found that it was helpful to send out a catalog, to ask friends and family for referrals, to participate in fairs or home shows, to leave catalogs everywhere, to wear business cards and promotional materials, to mention Host Benefits at least 3 times per show, to sell Pampered Chef items at a discounted price, and to hold an Opportunity Night nearby.
irishtwinsmommy
I'm a new consultant who wants to make it far in this business. I've contacted many friends and family and so far, no one is interested in booking a show!!! I have a few more people to contact but my question is this:

What worked next for you to get a booking after friends/family? (i.e. newspaper ad, flyer, etc.)

Thanks!

Michelle Peeso
Consultant 514307

see if there is a booth in your area. That will help you get lots of leads. Some people have bought a bag off the supply order and it has a pocket for cattys you could also get that

First ask your friends & family for referalls. Next look for fairs, or places you can set up booths. That was how I really got out of my circle of friends.

Try to find some fairs or Home Shows in your area. I got a good number of leads from things like that. You should try going to some hair salons and see if they would be interested in having s demo in the shop. You can bring stuff pre-made. Or you could bring your stuff in and set it up and come back to get it later. Leave catalogs EVERYWHERE!!! Leave your business card with your check at restaurants. Put flyers up in the grocery store. So many ideas.
You can do it!!!

How about your dentist and doctors waiting room? Daycare centers, Grocery Stores. Do you have children in school? Church? Sports teams. Bridal stores.

You can try the sympathy plee..."I need X amount of shows to become a qualified consultant. IF you would please help me get started I promise I will never ask you again (if that is what you want)" You will have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Trust me, I do know what you are going through.

yummy4tummy said:
You can try the sympathy plee..."I need X amount of shows to become a qualified consultant. IF you would please help me get started I promise I will never ask you again (if that is what you want)" You will have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Trust me, I do know what you are going through.
That has worked for me!!!! For the February double points I tried it and I got a great response. I had a $2000+ month so that is 4000= points for me!!!!

Don't forget that they get a free gift from PC when they host with in your first 30 days.

My recruit (yay) asked me what she could do about the "maybe's" she was getting from friends and family. I told her to ask them straight out what would it take to convince them to host a show. (sending invitations? paying for food? using your house instead of theirs? etc). And to remind them that they would be helping to train her to prepare her for shows that are not with family and friends.

If they're simply not interested ask if they'd mind placing an order so you can get 1 show (under your name) with the collected orders.

118 WAYS TO GET BOOKINGS
1. Send a catalog to a co-worker or friend who has moved.
2. Send a catalog to reps from other party plans and ask to exchange shows.
3. Post a catalog in the teacher's lounge at your child's school.
4. Post a catalog in the employee's lunch room.
5. Hold an open house.
6. Have a booth at a church bazaar.
7. Advertise in your alumni newsletter and/or local newspaper.
8. Give a catalog to the receptionist in your doctor's or dentist's office.
9. Include a current catalog or flyer with your local bill payments.
10. Put a current catalog and sample in your neighbor's door.
11. Always carry business cards and catalogs with you to hand out.
12. Ask ALL your friends to have a show.
13. Advertise in the church bulletin.
14. Host an office party.
15. Host a Brunch.
16. Have your family wear Pampered Chef T-shirts.
17. Mail out catalogs with a wish list and order form.
18. Host your own show.
19. Host a fundraiser for your favorite charity.
20. Host a show before, during or after a PTA meeting.
21. Get a list from the Welcome Wagon to find newcomers in the area.
22. Set up a display at craft fairs.
23. Participate in a school fundraiser.
24. Have your husband or significant other promote products at work.
25. Wear a "Do You Pamper Yourself?" button.
26. Wear your charm holder and logo pins out in public.
27. Hold a Valentine's, Mother's Day, or Christmas Shopping Show for men.
28. Offer guests a Secret Santa Wish List.
29. Set up a temporary display in a mall.
30. Put a "FREE Products! Ask Me How!" button on your purse.
31. Ask past Hostesses to talk about their FREE products.
32. Hold an Opportunity Night nearby.
33. Mention Host Benefits at least 3 times per show.
34. Showcase higher priced items and remind guests they can get it half off.
35. Mention how much an "average" Host receives FREE!
36. At the beginning of the show, mention the Host goal.
37. Share upcoming specials at all shows with all guests.
38. Tell your Host how much she saved by having a show.
39. Encourage frequent customers to regularly plan shows.
40. Encourage Hosts to rebook themselves in the next 3 months.
41. Treat Hosts to a special "Hosts Appreciation Tea".
42. Encourage relatives to have a show.
43. Call your realtor with suggestions for "New Home Packages".
44. Offer to do a theme show demo/class for a local women's group.
45. Ask everyone for referrals.
46. Follow up on all referral leads on Door Prize Slips.
47. Offer a Birthday or Anniversary Club.
48. Offer a Bridal Registry.
49. Promote Pampered Chef Bridal Shower Parties.
50. Create a binder to showcase different theme show parties to choose from.
51. Create a visual for the Host Program by playing "Stack the Host".
52. Be friendly and enthusiastic.
53. Take the pieces that you LOVE to your shows!
54. Follow through on EVERY booking lead.
55. Ask, Ask, Ask.
56. Ask every guest at every show for 3 referrals.
57. Use open-ended questions to uncover objections.
58. Use products at home then share your ideas at shows.
59. Read sales, self-improvement and positive thinking books.
60. Call at least 2 potential Hosts EVERY night.
61. Dream and imagine the possibilities!
62. Set goals and review them constantly. Post where you can see them.
63. Ask friends to help you get started or to reach a certain goal.
64. Goal yourself for "x" number of shows each month.
65. Copy Host Specials and mail to past hostesses and interested clients.
66. Use postcards and newsletters to continue to spark interest.
67. Follow up phone calls to interested guests. Ask them to have a show.
68. Call all hostesses who postponed or never had their party as planned.
69. Have the Host tell why she decided to have a show.
70. Give products as gifts or donations.
71. Don't be shy talking about your products or your business.
72. Smile when talking on the telephone.
73. Make regular customer service calls to replenish products.
74. Review orders from past shows and call customers with large orders.
75. Be prepared to answer questions about your work.
76.Write down names of people who "owe you a favor", then follow up.
77. Call the most familiar people first.
78. Spend time every day working on some aspect of your business.
79. Be willing to share the Opportunity with everyone.
80. Call anyone who has said "maybe" or "sometime".
81. Contact schools, churches, and women's groups for fundraisers.
82. Advertise in football or musical programs.
83. Leave your business cards on bulletin boards or in local businesses.
84. Talk about upcoming specials with everyone.
85. Keep a list of special requests. Notify guests when that product is on sale.
86. Suggest a Christmas show so guests can shop without leaving home.
87. Offer bonuses for booking a show on certain dates.
88. Offer Book Show options to those who work in office environments.
89. Give extra service and time to good customers to make repeat customers.
90. Carry a notepad to jot down names as you think of them.
91. Let guests keep a catalog on hand to show friends or pass around at work.
92. Contact men's groups (Kiwanis, Lion's, Rotary) to host a show.
93. Offer complimentary gift-wrapping on orders over a certain amount.
94. Mail recipe postcards using monthly specials to keep in touch.
95. Have a Booking Basket for Hosts with gifts for pre-arranged bookings.
96. Strive to have 21 shows up on your calendar.
97. Offer businesses an employee gift/incentive program. Write up as a show.
98. Do a Product Lottery.
99. Get leads from participating in trade shows or business expos.
100. Take pre-wrapped gift sets to male oriented business and take orders.
101. Tell everyone to tell their friends to get their kitchen products from you.
102. Let everyone know that it's your job to give away FREE products!
103. Take several beautiful but versatile pieces to your show to demo.
104. Let customers FEEL the quality of products in their own hands.
105. Make your daily 2+2 calls. Chart your progress.
106. Participate in Bridal Trade Shows for leads.
107. Take a PC recipe in a PC dish to every function you attend that has food.
108. Pass out recipes to guests for dishes demonstrated at your show.
109. Offer a special incentive for booking a show within 2 weeks.
110. Get guest lists from Hosts so you can contact guests after the show.
111. Surprise Bookings. Call guests and ask for bookings as surprise to Host.
112. Use car magnets on car to advertise business.
113. Encourage Host to ask everyone to book a show.
114. Have Host show friends what FREE Host Bonuses she is trying to earn.
115. Ask Host to invite those who need or want a job.
116. Make a "Mix-in-a-Bag" gift for the Host. Make a recipe that focuses on Monthly Guest or Host special.
117. Make a "Host Necklace". Use one inexpensive tool for EACH booking she obtains BEFORE her show date. Tie together with curly ribbon.
118. Booking Necklaces - String inexpensive door prize items on curly ribbon. Hang 6 around Host's neck. As guests arrive, let her explain that she needs to give them all away so she can win a special gift. She can only give them to her friends who will book a show for her. Those who decide to book first get first choice of which necklace they want. They wear around their neck so you can see who already wants a show.

Go to your list of 100 and think of anyone you may not have asked!

When they say "no," ask: Is that "no now" or "no never"

I ask everyone at shows and you would be amazed how many people just need a bit of encouragement. Tonight I did a show with a lot of teachers so when one lady hesitated when I asked if she wanted to book, I said, so perhaps when school is out and you have a bit more time? She said yes, call her later.

Here's a shopping story I've heard several times in trainings:

A friend calls and asks you to go to the mall, you are tired and say NO. How would you feel if your friend just hung up and said she'd call somebody else?

If your friend instead said, "Oh, come on, go to the mall. It will make you feel better to get out the house and I really want to see you. It'd be fun." Wouldn't you feel special because she really wanted you to go with her?

Make your friends feel special. When they say no, tell them how important this is to you, how much fun they would have, how easy it will be....Help them see the benefits to hosting instead of all the reasons NOT to host they are coming up in their mind.....BEE

Also, ask those 100 for referrals.

Are you planning to do your own show???

irishtwinsmommy said:
I'm a new consultant who wants to make it far in this business. I've contacted many friends and family and so far, no one is interested in booking a show!!! I have a few more people to contact but my question is this:

What worked next for you to get a booking after friends/family? (i.e. newspaper ad, flyer, etc.)

Thanks!

Michelle Peeso
Consultant 514307

I love Valky's words! express to them how much you love this company and want to succeed. They have the power to truly help you be successful!

A big one for me was the fairs and booths. It has really gotten me into different circles of people.

Also you never know when those arround you will get more curious about PC or ask about a show.

Most of the people I knw know I do PC. I waer alot of logo stuff. One place I do not talk about PC a whole lot is at preschool. But I have had people aproach me about it (even after a year of knowing them) and get bookings.

you just never know!

If you have the desire to succeed you will!

I hosted my own show. I emailed my friends and contacted neighbors and asked them to be part of my practice show. I told them I needed the support of a friendly audience! With just three people in attendance (plus my director), I got one booking (which in turn has led to another show and possible third). Then I went to visit two friends with the catty in hand, and got one more booking plus I completed enough sales for a good show.Don't lose faith!--Cath

Just wanted to mention that the person who booked from my show was my neighbor. From her show (which she held at her mother in law's house), her cousin booked with me. I may have a fund-raiser as a result of her cousin's show. So to answer your original question, that's how I got out my friend's/family's circle....Good luck!--Cath

I would also enlist my director for help... maybe he or she can come do a kick off show for you, or help you to do your first few. What about the people when you signed your agreement? Did they fall through? If they can't do a cooking show, maybe they can do catalog shows for you.

Good luck!

Heather, I hope you copied those 118 ways from somewhere.

I did a small neighborhood show in September (my first month) that is still feeding my business to this day. Find one that isn't too expensive, and go for it!

It took me forever (actually about 11 months) to get out of my family/friends group and move on to complete strangers. I would really reccomend the Catalog Tote which you can get off the supply order for only $15. I have had a lot of success with people coming up to me to ask about it. I use it as a purse/diaper bag and carry it everywhere. Also, I didn't ever hear this early on but recently heard the suggestion of marking your list of 100 people as A or B. A,s are your close family and friends who you're pretty sure will help out and Bs are the ones that took you a while to think of for your list and who you don't know quite as well. Then, call the B list because they are the ones who will be more likely to introduce you to new people and get you out of the same group. Good luck-this is something most consultants have a really tough time with.

I started my business after moving to a new state and didn't know anyone. I held a show at my home and made up flyers 'meet your neighbors at a pampered chef party'. I put them in doors all up and down my block. As a result, 10 people I had never met attended. I got my first $600 in sales, my 1st recruit, 2 bookings, and some great new friends. I highly recommend trying this.

Attachments

• MEET_YOUR_NEIGHBORS invite.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 418
I know that you aren't moving, but the CD "Move it, you won't lose it" from supply order has some good ideas about getting bookings in a new area. Since you haven't had any luck with your F/F, treat it like you have moved and use some of those ideas.

I would host your own show, and enlist the help of your director as well.. and start working on your list of 100, I have to find it but I came up with a little creative way for the list of 100. You would be suprised who you come up with.

Focus on the Referral thing - it really helped me branch out. I had two close friends that I thought would DEFINITELY Host for me, but they said No. I told them I was bummed because I was counting on their show to help me get started - one got her sister to Host and the other got her neighbor to Host. They were both part of my first 6 shows. They were there at the shows & I gave them a Season's Best as a Thank you for Referring. Anyway, it also helps you branch out - I got Bookings off both of those shows from people who I would have never met! My friend moved away, and her sister repeated Hosting for me this year because she was so thrilled with her show last time!!
Good Luck!
Joanne

1. What does "New and Not a One..." mean?

"New and Not a One..." refers to our line of brand new, never-before-used products that have just been released by Pampered Chef. These items are not a part of our existing product line and offer innovative features and designs.

2. How often do you release new products in the "New and Not a One..." line?

We release new products in this line about every quarter, with a total of 4 releases per year. This allows us to continually provide our customers with the latest and most innovative kitchen tools and gadgets.

3. Can I find "New and Not a One..." products in retail stores?

No, our "New and Not a One..." products are only available for purchase through independent Pampered Chef consultants or on our website. This allows us to maintain the quality and authenticity of our products and provide personalized customer service.

4. Are "New and Not a One..." products covered by the same warranty as other Pampered Chef products?

Yes, all of our products, including those in the "New and Not a One..." line, are covered by our satisfaction guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return it for a full refund or exchange within 30 days of purchase.

5. Is there a discount for purchasing multiple "New and Not a One..." products?

Yes, we offer a discount for purchasing multiple "New and Not a One..." products in a single order. The more products you buy, the bigger the discount you will receive. This is a great way to save money and stock up on our latest and greatest products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchef88
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • keyssizzler
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
keyssizzler
  • TheNewMrsRue