• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many Glasses of Wine Lead to Passing Out at Shows?

In summary, Sandi says that she tries to at least make it through her demo before she starts drinking, but sometimes she even puts wine in the food. She also says that if she ever gets her first recruit, she will pass out.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
How many glasses of wine does it take?

Oh, stop it. We haven't had a good parody thread up here in a long, long time. I admit it, I've been behaving myself. Not to mention, some of the usual suspects who used to participate in such foolishness aren't around anymore. :(

So I guess it's up to me to restart the tradition.

aola.gif

I pass out when I recruit more than 1 person at a show :D

LOLMaybe if a guest spent $1,000 or more? No! I'd probably be dancing. ;)

I try to at least make it through my demo before I start drinking...

I almost passed out when a guest at my second party rounded up her $50 order to $100. I was so nervous! Was I reading it correctly? Should I ask her to make sure? What if she meant $10 and I asked her if it was $100? Yep -- almost passed out!

Sandi

ChefLoriG said:
I try to at least make it through my demo before I start drinking...

Yes, I often cook with wine.

Sometimes, I even put it in the food.

I don't pass out, but I help my guests to pass out, thru alcohol or whatever means. Then fill out their order forms for them.

Great for increasing sales!

Nuthin' like booze to increase sales!

That is simply shameless Caressa! But it worked for me at a Mexican Party I did a few years back. Gotta Love Margaritas! Most of the guests added items I suggested to them to their orders as we were making salsa and few other things. I think I sold 12 Rice Cookers that night! Too funny! and no one, not one person came back to ask to remove any items! It was almost $950 in sales with 11 people! So I nearly passed out! (I had two drinks and was not feeling to bad - luckily it was right down the street from home!

pampered1224 said:
That is simply shameless Caressa! But it worked for me at a Mexican Party I did a few years back. Gotta Love Margaritas!

It's called "strategy". lol

Really tho, I do ask my hosts to hold off on pouring the alcohol until after the demo. One too many times people got too buzzed or drunk and it was a mess. People constantly asking me to repeat myself, side conversations...etc. Sales were good but I had had it when I left.

Ha! I actually almost passed out one time at a show. I wasn't really feeling real and the host's daughter kept talking about an injury to her arm and her daughter's tonsil surgery. That kind of stuff makes me feel faint all the time. Plus it was hot in there. I had to ask the host if there was some where I could lay down!

That's why I have to be careful with cutlery. I can't stand the sight of blood, especially my own!

I almost past out when.......

I was doing my full service checkout and a guest handed me her order form and she had ordered 4 (FOUR) $99 bundles!!!!! WAHHOOOOO! It was all I could do to finish the order form! I sold 8 bundles at that show, and there were 4 guests!

What started out as a gag has done quite well. Nice thread, everyone!I wish we could get this much action on the daily update thread! ;)

I think if I EVER get my first recruit I will pass out...Have been doing this for a year...and still no recruits...Oh well it's a new year and I'm not giving up...

vgibsonrn said:
I think if I EVER get my first recruit I will pass out...Have been doing this for a year...and still no recruits...Oh well it's a new year and I'm not giving up...

Don't give up on that! I just got my first to sign after 3 years! And now I'm going to New Orleans and the gold incentive trip so I will have signed at least 12 by the end of 2011!!! :)

Hmmmm. When have I passed out? Well, never at a show. Although, for four shows in a row (all booked off each other) we had a D*mn good Sangira to drink. Didn't really taste the alcohol. At the first show (Amazing Race), the drink was so good, I had two glasses by the time we were halfway thru the show. Kinda hit me at that point but I thought I was just high from how much FUN we were having. While doing the checkout, I had finished another glass & half. After that, the host & I had another glass while cleaning up. Then we hung out waiting for my DH to pick me up. The only show were I had to have a DD. But, I was not the only one from that show. The host's husband drove a couple other guests home. The other shows booked off from that one also had Sangria, but I stuck with half a glass & lots of water.

As for passing out while not at shows... ;)

akrebecca said:
Hmmmm. When have I passed out? Well, never at a show. Although, for four shows in a row (all booked off each other) we had a D*mn good Sangira to drink. Didn't really taste the alcohol. At the first show (Amazing Race), the drink was so good, I had two glasses by the time we were halfway thru the show. Kinda hit me at that point but I thought I was just high from how much FUN we were having. While doing the checkout, I had finished another glass & half. After that, the host & I had another glass while cleaning up. Then we hung out waiting for my DH to pick me up. The only show were I had to have a DD. But, I was not the only one from that show. The host's husband drove a couple other guests home. The other shows booked off from that one also had Sangria, but I stuck with half a glass & lots of water.

As for passing out while not at shows... ;)

This made me laugh out loud! Maybe I should ask my hosts to serve alcohol - that should be under "Booking Tips"!

You are all reminding me of my college days. I remember one night when we…wait, I don't really remember much about that night except someone pulling me out of the coat closet. Then there was the time my girlfriend…wait, I don't really remember much about that night, either. Never at a show, at least, that I can remember.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
That's why I have to be careful with cutlery. I can't stand the sight of blood, especially my own!

Yup that would make me pass out at every show too! I've even joked about it when passing around knives.

My wine comes after I am home....feet up.....ahhhhhhh

Ahhhh a good parady thread. I almost passed out when I read the title. ;)As for the question about how many glasses of wine it takes . . . A single glass of wine makes me sleepy. I'm a real lightweight.

Yup, nuthin' like a good parroty thread!
3parrots.gif

Haven't seen that in a long time. I've kind of missed it.

Blue_Blush_smilie.gif
Gosh, thanks!

1. When should I pass out at shows?

It is not recommended to pass out at shows, as it can be dangerous and disruptive to the event. Instead, try to take breaks and rest as needed throughout the show.

2. How can I avoid passing out at shows?

To avoid passing out, make sure to stay hydrated, eat regular meals and snacks, and take breaks as needed. Avoid standing for long periods without rest and try to stay cool in hot environments.

3. What should I do if I feel like I might pass out at a show?

If you feel like you might pass out at a show, immediately sit down and put your head between your knees. Sip on water or a sports drink and try to relax until the feeling passes. If you continue to feel unwell, seek medical attention.

4. Can passing out at shows be dangerous?

Yes, passing out at shows can be dangerous as it can result in injuries from falling and can also be a sign of a more serious underlying health issue. It is important to prioritize your health and safety at all times.

5. Are there any warning signs that I might pass out at a show?

Some warning signs that you may pass out at a show include feeling lightheaded or dizzy, having a rapid or irregular heartbeat, feeling nauseous or weak, and experiencing tunnel vision or blurred vision. If you experience any of these symptoms, be sure to take a break and rest until you feel better.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefKevin
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefKevin
  • confusedturtle