• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When Do You Need to Start Packing for Your Trip?

I'm sorry, I don't respond or reply to questions. Here's the summary: In summary, the conversation revolves around the speakers' upcoming trip and packing plans. One speaker will pack tomorrow or Monday, while another will start packing on Wednesday. They discuss being procrastinators and deciding what suitcases to take. They also mention losing weight and trying to maintain their momentum while on the trip. One speaker is leaving Tuesday to say goodbye to her family before they move. Some of the speakers are already packed and excited about the trip, while others are feeling overwhelmed and tired from previous travels. They also briefly mention hair color and packing habits for trips.

When do you start packing for a Wednesday trip?

• I would start packing Sunday, with time to add to it.

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Monday is enough time.

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Tuesday works for me.

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Wednesday morning, like your husband!

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
AJPratt
Silver Member
Here's the scenario... You are leaving Wednesday. You have to be at the airport by 1:45pm. When do you start packing? I will probably pack tomorrow or Monday, so I don't forget anything. If my husband were going he'd start packing around 12N on Wed.

I am the hugest procrastinater ever, I still can't decide what suitcase to take if I should put the smaller one in the med one, or the med one in the extra large. I just don't know what to do.

Can you tell I am rambling on and on. We will leave a 2:30 AM wed. morning, so I will most likely be up all night Tuesday, loosing 2 hours when we go to Chicago, then up at 5:30 to go on HO tour #1 Thursday (still trying to decide if I want to workout at all while I am there). I lost 7 pounds so far, and want to keep it up, and not loose my momentum.

Now that I am still rambling I am going to go do a load of Laundry since I have a show tommorrow and have family from So. Cal here I probably should get busy!

Anne will see you in a few days, thanks for posting your pic, not what I had pictured at all. It's a good pic! :)

AJPratt said:
Here's the scenario... You are leaving Wednesday. You have to be at the airport by 1:45pm. When do you start packing? I will probably pack tomorrow or Monday, so I don't forget anything. If my husband were going he'd start packing around 12N on Wed.

What??? You're not packed already?! I've been packed for days!!!:D

Well, only in my head that is :)

I know what I'm taking, just need to iron it and one pair of pants needs to be hemmed (curses being short in a tall world!).

pamperedalf said:
Anne will see you in a few days, thanks for posting your pic, not what I had pictured at all. It's a good pic! :)

That's what everyone says! People always picture me as a brunette.

I am going to start packing tomorrow, my mother is moving to Florida on Saturday while I am gone :)( very sad) so I have to say goodbye to her and my brothers Tuesday night. I figure if I pack tomorrow I won't be as stressed to get it all done and can spend some quality time with them. Normally it would be the night before.

Ha!! I can't answer the poll because there is not a "two weeks in advance" option. I ALWAYS pack WAY ahead of time and fret over every outfit. I make lists and charts and pack things up by outfit right down to the undergarments. I am SUCH a dork.

Oh, and in case you're wondering...I am in Wave 3 and am NOT PACKED AT ALL yet (totally out of character)...but it's because I am so OVER travelling righ tnow. In April we went on the Navigator Cruise, came home for 6 days and then flew to Philly for the weekend. Last week I was in NJ for a week...now I am leaving for NC in 8 days...Calgon - take me away!!

AJPratt said:
That's what everyone says! People always picture me as a brunette.

YES!! That's how I pictured you too!! I think your name just conjures up an image of brunette...:D

I third that one...I too thought of Anne as a brunette....

pamperedlinda said:
I know what I'm taking, just need to iron it and one pair of pants needs to be hemmed (curses being short in a tall world!).

Me, too. And if I find pants to fit my butt, clothing manufacturers think I'm like 10 feet tall or have legs as long as Heidi Klum.

You girls and the brunette thing... its pretty funny. That's what everyone ALWAYS thinks. And I don't even color it, my whole family is blonde. Although my stylist was talking about adding some low lights to do something different, but I don't know.

dannyzmom said:
I can't answer the poll because there is not a "two weeks in advance" option.

I am the same way. Right now I have all my close picked out and hanging up in the closet, and I refuse to wear them for fear that my 5 1/2 and 2 year olds will ruin them. Oh and my suitcase is sitting in the bedroom with everything else packed and ready to go.:eek:

This is my first conference and I feel like a little kid getting ready to go to Disney World for the very first time.

I should also mention that I am in Wave 3

Tracy

dannyzmom said:
Ha!! I can't answer the poll because there is not a "two weeks in advance" option. I ALWAYS pack WAY ahead of time and fret over every outfit.

I don't have enough clothes to be able to do that!!!:eek:

AJPratt said:
Me, too. And if I find pants to fit my butt, clothing manufacturers think I'm like 10 feet tall or have legs as long as Heidi Klum.

I buy in the petite section and I still have to hem everything.....even for heels (and I wear a lot of those)! For the inquiring minds...I'm five foot tall.

I need at least a 1 week before option! My clothes is hanging there waiting to be crammed in my suitcase already since Friday(the 7th) and I'm in Wave 3 but in fairness to me I am going to WI for a few days before conference to get a gramma fix. I leave home on Wednesday so I'm not as bad as it seems...:eek: .

pamperedlinda said:
I buy in the petite section and I still have to hem everything.....even for heels (and I wear a lot of those)! For the inquiring minds...I'm five foot tall.

I will say that the grass is always greener! I am only 5'6" and still have to buy everything long and those are hard to find....I am 6 inches shorter than my husband and I have a 1" longer inseam than he does, I have freakishly long legs with no upper body. Sometimes I even have to let out the hem on long sizes!!

My new dilemnaOkay, now that I'm actually ready to put everything in my suitcase I have another issue....

Do I take everything in a roll-a-board or take a bigger suitcase and check it so I'll have room to bring stuff home? Will I really buy stuff or just be tempted? (I know that HO is going to ship my shopping spree to me...yeah right!) And, how much stuff is there to buy anyhow?

Those of you that have been before, what did you do? And, what did you buy?

soonerchef said:
I will say that the grass is always greener! I am only 5'6" .....!!

WOW....You are tall! (I consider anyone over 5'1" to be tall by the way!!!)

soonerchef
I will say that the grass is always greener! I am only 5'6"

Andrea I am right there with you, I am 5'7'' and have to buy long pants to fit (and they don't make that many cute things in long). Then my next problem is I am petite up top, so a lot of my tops are petite. Then to make matters worse my butt and hips are so big, to buy pants that fit around my butt don't fit in the waiste. Needless to say I couldn't find anything to buy to wear at conference!

Packing? I need to pack for my 745am flight on Weds???? I just got rid of, I mean said goodbye to my husbands family, they were all in town for a family wedding. I have hosted 2 family dinners, a babysitter for 7 kids and a barbque ending with fireworks. Now I'll start thinking about Chicago...Keep telling my husband I'm not comiing back! He says the 3 kids and he will find me! So if anyone asks you didn't see me!

I am 5 1/2 thank you very much!

I am taking the trunk from my luggage because it has wheels and I will be able to stick stuff in there for the ride home. I'm usually good with the packing, I could fit everything for this weekend into a duffle bag but I want to have enough room for all the stuff I will acquire. LOL

Amy: OMG!!!

pamperedlinda said:
Okay, now that I'm actually ready to put everything in my suitcase I have another issue....

Do I take everything in a roll-a-board or take a bigger suitcase and check it so I'll have room to bring stuff home? Will I really buy stuff or just be tempted? (I know that HO is going to ship my shopping spree to me...yeah right!) And, how much stuff is there to buy anyhow?

Those of you that have been before, what did you do? And, what did you buy?
They usually give us a tote at conference so I usually just take a bag and a "purse" (aka tote) or my computer - haven't decided on that yet... for the trip there. Going home I pack whatever I bought in the conference tote and my suitcase and of course my purse/computer bag.

Most things you can buy will be shipped - VIP items (but they do have some cash and carry things too); Merrill and Nancy's ship to you. If they have the surprise boxes you will ship them too. And of course those who win the shopping spree will have their things shipped too.

They offer some of the new business supplies like postcards, new product flyers... for sale to us so you'll need room for those if you want to stand in the line to get them. I usually do but this year I think I will only get the new product flyers - we can order the rest of the items right after we get back from conference anyway - why add the weight to our luggage?

Where you'll get in trouble is if you shop in Chicago. If you plan to do that I would bring a larger suitcase than you need for the trip there.

My problem this year is that I'll be packing for 8 days instead of 4 so I'll be lugging more than usual onto that plane.

Okay, it's 11:35 a.m. The train leaves the station at 5:40 p.m. I suppose I should get out my suitcase and start packing. I do have a list that's about 1/2 done. . .if I can find it. I better get busy.

pamperedlinda said:
(curses being short in a tall world!).
AJPratt said:
I know I just had all my slacks hemmed FINALLY, I have been living with them dragging the ground and finally gotten around to marking them and getting them hemmed. It really sucks to buy capris and they just look like you bought your jeans a little too short, ughh!

pamperedlinda said:
Finally someone called me tall. :D :eek: :confused:
At work when I have to try to reach for something I always say I'm too short for this job. A lot of the time I have to have someone get it for me. :rolleyes:

Andrea, we are so in the same boat!
soonerchef said:
I will say that the grass is always greener! I am only 5'6" and still have to buy everything long and those are hard to find....I am 6 inches shorter than my husband and I have a 1" longer inseam than he does, I have freakishly long legs with no upper body. Sometimes I even have to let out the hem on long sizes!!

I'm just a hair under 5'7" and my DH is 6'6"!:eek: The funny thing is that are inseams are IDENTICAL! We both have a 32" inseam! Our poor little boy has his Daddy's long torso and my long legs. He looks like we've been stretching him!:D Between his 18mo and 24mo checkups he grew more than 6 inches! The Dr's thought he had giantism! They tested him and xrayed us all and started measuring all our bones. They told us to expect him to be 6'8" AT LEAST!:eek: He's 6 and 4'5" already! Our little girl is built just like daddy! Long body and short legs!

Well, my youngest child is just the opposite Donna, when I would take him in for his exams on the charts he was short for his age, all I can tell them is 'DID YOU LOOK AT HIS PARENTS???' I am about 5'2" and DH is about 5'4"

Always remember that the shorter you are, the easier you can reach the bottom cabinets in the kitchen. You can always get a chair or a step ladder to reach the upper cabinets.

If you are tall you have to bend a lot further down to get to the bottom cabinets. That just can't be good for your knees!

Lisa
5 feet 3 inches (at least I think)

One bad thing about being short is the clothing industry thinks you also are small. I have problems finding clothers in the petite section that is big enough, there is alot of short people that are plump:p . And another thing most women that are heavy are big busted- which I am not. I really think there is a small person hiding in my short round body and just can't get out!!:eek:

DZmom said:
I'm just a hair under 5'7" and my DH is 6'6"!:eek:

TOO funny :D I'm 5'6" and my hubby is 6'5" :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamperedlinda
(curses being short in a tall world!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJPratt

Quote:
Originally posted by jdavis
It really sucks to buy capris and they just look like you bought your jeans a little too short, ughh!

I know what you mean. If I find them to fit my butt, the length is to my ankles (looks like I'm waiting for the BIG FLOOD), and the waist is big enough to fit someone else in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamperedlinda

Finally someone called me tall. WOOHOOO!! I'm 5' 1 1/2" (Please don't forget the extra 1/2")::p

I am leaving tomorrow, and I will start packing tonight. I have to do some laundry tonight, and then I will start. If I pack too soon, I tend to forget too many things. :eek:

DZmom said:
I'm just a hair under 5'7" and my DH is 6'6"!:eek: The funny thing is that are inseams are IDENTICAL! We both have a 32" inseam! Our poor little boy has his Daddy's long torso and my long legs. He looks like we've been stretching him!:D Between his 18mo and 24mo checkups he grew more than 6 inches! The Dr's thought he had giantism! They tested him and xrayed us all and started measuring all our bones. They told us to expect him to be 6'8" AT LEAST!:eek: He's 6 and 4'5" already! Our little girl is built just like daddy! Long body and short legs!

My twins are huge too! We had a woman that was doing political campaigning come to our house with her 4 y/o boy/girl twins and my two year olds were as big as they were...they are already in 4T's, yikes.

Regarding the doctor's...my husband and I have short necks (my husband actually has the shortest neck I have ever seen) and when the twins were born the doctor pulled my husband aside and told him that our son might have a birth defect because his neck was soooo short and DH just pointed to his neck and said "hello, did you SEE my neck?" the doctor took a look and said "oh, I guess he is probably fine then!"

When do I start packing....I don't know, but I'm leaving in less than 24 hours, so I better get cracking on that - darn this day job anyway!!! :D

Related to When Do You Need to Start Packing for Your Trip?

1. When should I start packing for my trip?

It is recommended to start packing at least a day or two before your departure date. This will give you enough time to gather all necessary items and avoid last-minute stress.

2. Should I wait until the day of my trip to pack?

No, it is not recommended to wait until the day of your trip to start packing. This can lead to forgetfulness and potentially leaving important items behind.

3. How much time should I allow for packing before my flight?

It is best to allow yourself at least a few hours to pack before your flight. This will ensure that you have enough time to gather all necessary items and double-check your packing list.

4. Is there a specific time I should start packing on the day of my flight?

It is advised to start packing earlier in the day, rather than waiting until the last minute. This will give you enough time to properly pack and make any necessary adjustments or additions.

5. What if I forget to pack something?

If you realize you have forgotten to pack something, try not to panic. You can always purchase necessary items at your destination or borrow from a friend or family member. Make a list of items you may have forgotten for future trips.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • merego
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
katie0128
Replies
Views
Admin Greg