• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Your Favorite Salad to Demo?

In summary, this author recommends posting recipes on your website as a way to generate online orders.
tjb11675
My hostess this weekend has requested a salad demo and I want to give her a couple of options. I've done the warm lemon pepper and the southwestern chicken ones at shows she's been at already. Would like to do something different.

Cool & Crunchy Taco Salad! HUGE hit at my shows this summer - at my last show where I demoed this, the host said "it's like a party in my mouth!" LOL!

Another (older) favorite is the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad. Very yummy!

I love the demo the mandarin pasta salad

ChefBeckyD said:
Cool & Crunchy Taco Salad! HUGE hit at my shows this summer - at my last show where I demoed this, the host said "it's like a party in my mouth!" LOL!

Another (older) favorite is the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad. Very yummy!

Those are the two that I do.

my faces are the old ones
colossal salad, asian chicken salad

I like the asian chicken salad. Except I don't like the dressing. I use a copycat benehana I found on the net. Uses more tools, and tastes MUCH better. Though at home, I throw it all in the blender (shhh, don't tell)!

Harvest Chicken Salad & Mandarin Pasta Salad.....:D

Last edited:
Strawberry Spinach Salad rocks.​

I gotta vote for the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad -- guests LOVE it and will make it over and over and over . . . Sandi

Thai Chicken Salad...my personal favorite!!!

Harvest Chicken Salad- one of my recipes this month.

Poppyseed Salad is great summer salad -always a hit and SO pretty!
Poppy Seed Salad
Small bag iceberg lettuce, washed
Large bag Romaine lettuce, washed
2 cups cooked chicken, diced
1 quart strawberries, cleaned
1 large can mandarin oranges
½ cup blueberries
¼ cup roasted almonds, sliced

Layer lettuce – then mound chicken in center
Surround with strawberries – then mandarin oranges
Scatter blueberries on top
Sprinkle with sliced almonds

Drizzle Poppy Seed Dressing on top

Poppy Seed Salad Dressing
1 cup salad oil 1 tbsp. grated fresh onion
½ cup sugar 1 tsp. salt
⅓ cup cider vinegar 1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tbsp. poppy seeds 2 to 4 oz. softened cream cheese

In a covered blender (or with mixer) at medium speed, blend the oil, sugar, vinegar, poppy seed, onion, salt and mustard until thoroughly mixed. Dressing will be thick. Blend in cream cheese as desired. Dressing will be VERY thick. Store in a tightly covered jar in refrigerator and stir well before using.
(This dressing only lasts in refrigerator for 2 weeks due to Philadelphia cream cheese.)

Tropical Turkey and Spinach is so good and summery! Love it!!

I just did the Cool and Crunchy Chicken Salad tonight, And to tell you how great of a hit it was, I had 5 ladies at show, and all of the salad was completly gone in less than 15 minutes.

I love that the Deluxe Cheeseburger salad is so inexpensive. People usually have most of the ingredients on hand, so it is a great one to do if people are on a tight budget and don't have much to spend.

chefsteph07 said:
I love the demo the mandarin pasta salad

Me too!! I sooo wish Pampered Chef would add it to one of our larger cookbooks!!! It's the best!!:love:

southwest chicken salad is my favorite! everyone LOVES it!

I've been doing the Tropical Chicken Salad and everyone raves about it. 99% of the guests ask me to email them the recipe.

slolane2006 said:
I've been doing the Tropical Chicken Salad and everyone raves about it. 99% of the guests ask me to email them the recipe.
Or put it on your website and tell them they can find it there (and throw in "Along with many others!" ! :) Drive them to your website! I just read about this earlier this week:
I wanted to share another idea that I learned at conference 2 years ago when I took the PWS workshop. The woman teaching the workshop had over $10,000 in ONLINE orders that year because she does NOT pass out recipes at her shows.... she posts recipes on her web site. Under her Calendar section, she lists each of her hosts for the month (first names only, I believe, with the show date... like "Jane in Boston - Aug 1st), and under that hosts's name she puts the recipe that she did at the show, plus any other obscure recipes she may have done or mentioned that are not in our cookbooks. By directing all that traffic to her PWS to find the recipes, she got TONS of online orders!!I've posted the Molten Chocolate Cake on my web site for the last year, under a News item, and lots of my customers go there, and share it with others. Whenever someone visits your site for a recipe, they see EVERYTHING ELSE there... the tips, the video clips, your News items.... the Outlet, etc. Just my two cents. I've stopped all the paper and emailing, and started posting more recipes on my site. I do send am email to my customers and hosts REMINDING them that they can find the show recipe online from me. It works!

Bobbi, I could kiss you this morning. Thank you for posting that info...makes total sense to me and I am going to do that starting NOW!

Would someone mind posting the recipe for the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad?

Thank you!

Harvest Chicken Salad

sandilou said:
I gotta vote for the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad -- guests LOVE it and will make it over and over and over . . .

Sandi

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Polliewiggle said:
Would someone mind posting the recipe for the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad?

Thank you!

Go to CC....recipes....Season's Best Fall/Winter 2008

Harvest Chicken Salad!

Love the Deluxe Cheese Burger, Had it last night for dinner.

Seasons Best 2008 s/s
Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad
-------------------------

Ingredients:
4 sesame seed hamburger bun tops

1 small red onion, divided

2 plum tomatoes

3/4 lb 95% lean ground beef

1/2 cup finely diced dill pickles

3/4 cup ketchup

1 tbsp yellow mustard

8 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce

1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Slice bun tops into 1/4-in. strips (if bun tops are very thick, slice bottoms off horizontally before slicing into strips). Arrange in a single layer on Large Bar Pan; bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely.

2. Cut onion in half crosswise using Utility Knife. Slice half of the onion crosswise into thin rings using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with thin slicing blade. Cut tomatoes into quarters lengthwise and slice crosswise. Set onion and tomatoes aside.

3. Cook ground beef in (8-in.) Sauté Pan over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking beef into crumbles using Slotted Turner. Chop remaining onion half using Food Chopper. Finely dice pickles using Utility Knife. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine chopped onion, pickles, ketchup and mustard. Add cooked ground beef; mix well using Small Mix 'N Scraper(R).

4. To serve, arrange lettuce on large serving platter. Spoon beef mixture over lettuce. Top with cheese, tomatoes and sliced onion. Arrange hamburger bun croutons around edge of platter. Serve immediately.

Yield: 6 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 250, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Carbohydrate 20 g, Protein 19 g, Sodium 750 mg, Fiber 2 g

Shopping List:
4 sesame seed hamburger bun tops

1 small red onion

2 plum tomatoes

3/4 lb 95% lean ground beef

1/2 cup dill pickles

3/4 cup ketchup

1 tbsp yellow mustard

8 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce

1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese

I'm making the Strawberry Spinach Salad for a show on Saturday. Any suggestions to make it a great show?

awesome awesome info...thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's Your Favorite Salad to Demo?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I get asked this question a lot. Here are the top five most frequently asked questions about my favorite salad to demo.

1. What ingredients do you use in your favorite salad?

My favorite salad to demo is a simple cucumber and tomato salad. I use fresh cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and feta cheese. I also add a homemade vinaigrette dressing made with olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, and herbs.

2. Can you share the recipe for your favorite salad?

Of course! The recipe for my favorite salad can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in our recipe book. It's a delicious and easy salad that is perfect for any occasion.

3. What tools do you use to make your favorite salad?

I use the Pampered Chef Salad & Berry Spinner to wash and dry the lettuce for my salad. I also use the Simple Slicer to easily cut the cucumbers and tomatoes into uniform slices. And of course, our Salad Dressing Maker is essential for mixing up the perfect dressing.

4. Is your favorite salad suitable for dietary restrictions?

Yes, my favorite salad is suitable for various dietary restrictions. It is naturally vegetarian and can be made vegan by omitting the feta cheese. It can also be made gluten-free by using a gluten-free vinegar and mustard in the dressing.

5. Can you suggest any variations for your favorite salad?

Absolutely! While I love the classic cucumber and tomato combo, there are many variations you can try. You can add other vegetables like bell peppers or olives, or switch up the cheese to something like goat or blue cheese. You can also experiment with different dressings to create new flavor combinations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcemilynenid
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
peichef
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • ElizabethPurvis