• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Recipe for Bacon Chicken and Dumplings?

In summary, the conversation is about what everyone is cooking for dinner tonight. Some are trying new recipes, such as Bacon Chicken and Dumplings, while others are having simple meals like pizza or three cheese tortellini. Some are also not cooking at all, either due to being ill or having other plans. Overall, there is a variety of dishes being prepared, including shrimp in garlic butter, chicken BBQ, and Crunchy Lemon Butter/Garlic Fish.
rennea
Gold Member
Tonight is Chinese night!! No cooking here:angel:

No cooking for me. DH's birthday is tomorrow, so we're doing the celebration dinner with my family tonight. It's only 45 minutes' drive from here, and mom is making shrimp in garlic butter with broccoli rice casserole and carrots. Yum. The best part is the french bread slices you can dip in the butter...too good. :)

I've been ill for the most part of the week and I haven't cooked in like 4 days! So needless to say I'm cooking tonight....something with chicken!

We are having fried shrimp, potatoes and green beans or corn. Yummy! :p

We're having Crunchy Lemon Butter/Garlic Fish (from the frozen foods :) ) and rice and green beans. It's an easy dinner tonight!

I was planning on making the Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches tonight (first time), but my husband just called to say he's bringing home some Middle-eastern food tonight - no complaints here! I'll try the pork over the weekend, I guess.

I pulled out some frozen Chicken BBQ (it's the recipe from the new 29 Minutes cookbook for Pulled Pork) and we'll have that w/ sweet potato fries.

I have a show tonight.

Trying a new recipe for Bacon Chicken and Dumplings... sounds nummy and warm! Probably should skip the bacon part, but I think that'll make the recipe!

very easy tonite....3 cheese tortellini. My DD has been hinting for this for a week or two now and since my DH will not be home, I figured that I would make it for tonites dinner.

I have no idea what I am cooking...since I am getting ready for my open house...I am cleaning, but boy am I working up an appetite!

ChefPaulaB said:
Trying a new recipe for Bacon Chicken and Dumplings... sounds nummy and warm! Probably should skip the bacon part, but I think that'll make the recipe!

Sounds yummy where did you get the recipe from?

We are doing pizza tonight.

rennea said:
Sounds yummy where did you get the recipe from?

Allrecipes.com! It was super yummy! I ended up finishing it just before I had to leave to go to a jewelry party for a friend, when I came back, DH said it was good, so I tried it warmed up and it was good warmed up. I thought maybe not because it wasn't creamy like I was expecting but it was great. I added chopped celery and garlic using the garlic press (of course! I add it to everything!)... skipped the poultry seasoning, didn't have any, used skim milk instead of the half and half and made my dumplings from scratch, I prefer not to use Bisquick. So, with those changes it was awesome, and I'm sure it would've been as is, those were just personal choices... would recommend for taste, not necessarily for health! :eek:

Bacon Chicken and Dumplings

Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes

Ready In: 50 Minutes
Servings: 8
"Chicken, potatoes, onion, chicken broth, cream and seasonings all simmered in bacon drippings with dumpling dough and crumbled bacon."
Ingredients:
3 slices bacon
3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
1 onion, diced
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves -
diced
3 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning

salt and pepper to taste
1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn,
drained and rinsed
3 cups half-and-half
1 1/2 cups biscuit mix
1 cup milk
Directions:
1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside; reserve bacon drippings in skillet.
2. Add potatoes, onion and chicken to bacon drippings and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour in chicken broth; season with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir in corn, and simmer all together for 15 minutes.
3. Pour in half-and-half and bring to a boil; add crumbled bacon. In a medium bowl, combine biscuit mix with milk and mix well (dough should be thick). Drop tablespoon sizes of dough into boiling mixture; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes uncovered, then another 10 minutes covered. (Note: Do not stir while simmering, or dumplings will break apart). Serve hot.

Related to What's the Recipe for Bacon Chicken and Dumplings?

1. What is the featured recipe for "What's for Dinner?" on February 26?

The featured recipe for "What's for Dinner?" on February 26 is our Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Casserole.

2. Can I substitute ingredients in the featured recipe?

Yes, you can certainly substitute ingredients in the featured recipe. We always encourage our customers to make the recipe their own and use ingredients that they prefer or have on hand.

3. Are there any vegetarian options for "What's for Dinner?" on February 26?

Yes, we also offer a delicious Vegetarian Alfredo Casserole recipe as an alternative to the Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Casserole.

4. How long does it take to prepare the featured recipe for "What's for Dinner?" on February 26?

The estimated preparation time for the featured recipe is approximately 30 minutes.

5. Can I find the recipe for "What's for Dinner?" on February 26 online?

Yes, the featured recipe for "What's for Dinner?" on February 26 can be found on our website or through our Pampered Chef app.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • rennea