• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Best Way to Communicate: Out of Box Calls or E-Mail?

In summary, most people prefer email over phone calls. However, if you want to make a good impression on your customers, you should try to do customer care calls.
ginamkiely
Question... does everyone prefer out of box PHONE CALLS or E-MAILS?? I'm much more confortable via e-mail (who isn't) and I would prefer that over calling people but I don't know if the response is as good?

Thanks for your help

I use email so much for my business. I find my customer actually prefer it. I will call and if I get a machine I leave a message and then send an email right after I leave the message. 9 times out of 10 I will get an email response over a phone call.

I would say to try and call first...then send a follow up email like Jenni just said! That's much more personal...

Just my two cents:

I do OOB contacts via phone calls. I'm not that great at staying on top of them (trying to get better) because sometimes they're pretty late. Oh well, better late than never. I prefer these to Morning After Calls. I do send an email to all guests who gave me their email address the day or two (or three!) after the show with a thank you, a review of host benefits, a blurb about recruiting and all of the recipes that I made at the show. Since I do the emails, I feel it's a little over-kill to do big MAC calls AND OOB calls. I'd rather get my name back in front of their face with OOB calls since it's usually a month or so after the show.

I do both--usually depending on how many people I have to contact & how much time I have that week. But I have found that I get more replies, etc. from the emails I do than the phone calls.

what is MAC? I know what OOB is now.. at first i didnt! but i do now!

Morning after call

you can call and see if they need to add to their order or book a show....

I don't do them (bad me) but I do try to do ccc (customer care calls) and tell them it's my OOB call! They usually laugh!

My Sr. Director does MAC calls....always has, and she is the QUEEN of customer service. She swears by them - but I have never been able to make myself do them.....guess I need to try something out of my comfort zone there!

ChefBeckyD said:
My Sr. Director does MAC calls....always has, and she is the QUEEN of customer service. She swears by them - but I have never been able to make myself do them.....guess I need to try something out of my comfort zone there!

Probably how she is a Senior Director!!! :D

I haven't been doing them for awhile, but once I have this baby already, I'm using my month off to start them up again.

I do almost everything via email. I send a thank you email to each guest usually within 2 days of the show. If anyone has booked, I do a separate email with the date and time of their booking. If they've asked for additional info on ANYTHING, I sent it via email as well. Then about 2 weeks after the show ships (remember, I'm in Germany), I do a follow up email.

I send the show recipe and a standard email (attached) after I enter the orders in - usually within 24 hours but not always. I then call 30-90 days after the show closes to see if they like their new products. Calls are usually just messages but I think it's much more personal than email.

Attachments

• Thank_you_email_Day_After.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 390
does anyone have a standard e-mail then send for out of box customer service?

thanks for all the tips!

If you're trying to grow your business, I really think you'll need to bite the bullet and do customer care calls. You're not likely to get bookings from sending emails. When I'm on the phone I learn a lot about people (I take notes in PP). This gives me a chance to tell them when might be a good time for them to have a show or purchase a specific item (based on upcoming specials).

I don't like to do MAC calls (out of my comfort zone) but when I'm running my business like I want to, I will send a morning after email. I let them know that they can add to their order with no increase in shipping. I like the idea of including the recipe I used at the show they attended. This might be helpful in getting even more people to share their email addresses with me.

Related to What's the Best Way to Communicate: Out of Box Calls or E-Mail?

1. How do I schedule an Out of Box Call or E-Mail?

To schedule an Out of Box Call or E-Mail, simply reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant or host and let them know you are interested. They will help you choose a date and time that works for both of you.

2. What are the benefits of participating in an Out of Box Call or E-Mail?

Out of Box Calls and E-Mails allow you to connect with your consultant or host in a virtual setting, making it convenient for both parties. You will also have the opportunity to ask any questions and receive personalized tips and advice.

3. Can I participate in an Out of Box Call or E-Mail if I am not available during regular business hours?

Yes, Out of Box Calls and E-Mails can be scheduled outside of regular business hours, depending on the availability of your consultant or host. Just let them know your preferred time and they will try to accommodate your schedule.

4. What can I expect during an Out of Box Call or E-Mail?

During an Out of Box Call or E-Mail, your consultant or host will provide a brief overview of the Pampered Chef products and answer any questions you may have. They may also demonstrate how to use certain products and offer tips and recipe ideas.

5. Is there a cost for participating in an Out of Box Call or E-Mail?

No, there is no cost to participate in an Out of Box Call or E-Mail. It is a complimentary service provided by your Pampered Chef consultant or host to help you learn more about the products and get the most out of your purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • byrd1956