• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Best Kitchen Knife for Gift-Giving?

In summary, the most practical knife for a person who doesn't cook a lot or has a host that doesn't want the special is the utility.
supergirljennie
I have a host that doesn't want the special. I plan on buying it, but I want to know what you all think is the most practical of the knives. (I personally have the chef's, santoku, and utility.) I want to buy one as a gift, so I want to get one that will get used! Thanks for any advice!

I would vote for the santoku. I would assume you already have our other pieces in the other set, and it is truly the easiest to use, and also the most versatile.

I think I use the 5" utility and the chef's the most I don't have the Santoku yet, but it is on it's way!!

Heather

I can already see that I'm going to need another santoku because my husband and I both prefer that one over all the others.Tanya

If you are buying the gift for someone who likes to cook I would buy the santoku. If you are buying for someone who isn't experienced or doesn't spend much time in the kitchen I think the utility will be more useful. To some people I think the santoku is a little scary. Just my opinion.

Oh, I'm so upset. I've been wanting to get the Santuko so badly. I had a past host who didn't use her host benefit and I didn't even think to use it myself!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

rebeccastt said:
Oh, I'm so upset. I've been wanting to get the Santuko so badly. I had a past host who didn't use her host benefit and I didn't even think to use it myself!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm sorry! I'm just such a cheapie I can't pass up the deal! I've had a lot of hosts that don't want their host special, actually. I think they're crazy! She said, "I already have enough knives." :confused:

I have had a lot of host pass it up also but I can't let a deal go by!! So I have been doing some christmas shopping everyone in my family is going to LOVE me!! I have used 13 host specials this month!!

Related to What's the Best Kitchen Knife for Gift-Giving?

What is the best type of kitchen knife for gift-giving?

The best type of kitchen knife for gift-giving really depends on the recipient's cooking habits and preferences. However, a versatile and high-quality chef's knife is always a great choice as it can handle a variety of tasks in the kitchen.

What is the difference between a chef's knife and a santoku knife?

A chef's knife typically has a longer and wider blade, while a santoku knife has a shorter and thinner blade. A chef's knife is better for slicing and chopping, while a santoku knife is better for precision tasks like mincing and dicing.

Should I choose a knife with a full tang or partial tang?

A full tang knife has the blade extending all the way through the handle, providing better balance and stability. Partial tang knives have the blade attached to the handle with only a portion of the blade extending through it. Full tang knives are generally considered to be higher quality and more durable.

What type of handle is best for a kitchen knife?

The best type of handle for a kitchen knife is one that feels comfortable and secure in your hand. Handles made of materials like wood, plastic, and rubber all have their pros and cons, so it really comes down to personal preference.

Do I need to spend a lot of money on a kitchen knife to get a good one?

Not necessarily. While high-end knives may have more features and be made with better materials, there are also plenty of affordable options that can still perform well in the kitchen. It's important to do your research and read reviews to find the best knife for your budget.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• GourmetGirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jcsmilez
  • pamperedlinda
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • esavvymom