• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's on the Menu for Dinner Tonight? (June 8th)

In summary, Nolan Gilbert's recipe for the best baked ham in the world includes: -Adding 2 cans of pineapple juice to the ham -Cooking the ham in a roasting pan with the rack -Prepping the honey, mustard, and brown sugar mixture in a small saucepan in the microwave while the ham is baking -Basting the ham with the honey mixture after it comes out of the oven
rennea
Gold Member
Tonight we are having chicken salsa baked in the oven and rice with salad.

For dessert we are having Becky's icecream/jello mixture:)

I have family coming from out of town this week so I'm sitting down today to plan my menu. (yes I know very Martha-ish):blushing:

Hamburger for my gram, Veggie Burger for me topped with a tomato!---rice and fresh green beans. Too hot to have the oven on!

I have a ham that needs to be baked, does anyone have a good glaze recipe?

Pork loin in the crock pot. trying it out for pulled pork sandwiches.
Salad

It's Micah's birthday, so he got to pick what we are having....so, it's:

Popcorn Shrimp w/ tartar sauce
Corn on the Cob
Watermelon

and a lemon cake decorated like this for his Birthday Cake:
Scooby & Mystery Machine Cake Decorating Instructions

To church this morning we took cupcakes decorated with little Scooby Doo picks, and little goody bags for his class. His teacher said it was a HUGE hit, and Micah was happy! Easy Birthday Party for me!

Boneless pork chops, grilled (they're marinating in Italian dressing right now)
grilled potatoes (grill basket)
some sort of veggie from frozen
applesauce

cewcooks said:
INGREDIENTS
5 pounds ready-to-eat ham
1/4 cup whole cloves
1/4 cup dark corn syrup
2 cups honey
2/3 cup butter

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Score ham, and stud with the whole cloves. Place ham in foil lined pan. In the top half of a double boiler, heat the corn syrup, honey and butter. Keep glaze warm while baking ham. Brush glaze over ham, and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Baste ham every 10 to 15 minutes with the honey glaze. During the last 4 to 5 minutes of baking, turn on broiler to caramelize the glaze. Remove from oven, and let sit a few minutes before serving.

we are havingbbq ribs, macaroni salad and baked beans

We are having stuffed burgers w/ bacon, cheese, onions, mushrooms.
Homemade Mac & cheese
Ice creamMy favorite Ham recipe includes a charcol BBQ.
Brown sugar
All spice
cin. +
Pineapple crushed w/ juice
Adding Fresh Orange Zest (sorry I forgot)Mix all together and coat ham then BBQ until done. Oh it has the best sweet smokey flavor (did this one thanksgiving because we were out of oven space and needed some way to cook the ham, have cooked it this way ever since)

Last edited:
cewcooks said:

You can't use this for tonight...but this makes THE BEST HAM in the world!

The Best Baked Ham in the World

Courtesy of Nolan Gilbert, Montomery, Alabama
Printed in Taste of the South Spring 2007 issue

1 (8-10 #) bone-in, shank-portion ham
2 (46 oz) cans pineapple juice (I used one pineapple and one mango-pineapple!!)
¼ cup plus 2 T. brown sugar, divided
1/3 cup honey
1 T. prepared yellow mustard (I used spicy brown mustard!)
1 ½ t. Pampered Chef Cinnamon Plus Blend (This was not in the recipe, but I added it since Honeybaked Hams have something similar in their topping!)
Garnish: canned pineapple slices (I left these off, my family and I don’t eat them anyhow!)

~Place ham (skinny side down!) in a large stockpot and add enough pineapple juice to cover 2/3 of the ham. Add ¼ c. brown sugar. Bring mixture to a rolling boil over medium-high heat on stovetop; cook for 15 minutes. Turn ham over and continue to boil for 15 minutes longer.

~Remove from heat and let ham cool in the juice mixture for 1 hour.

~Preheat oven to 350

~Place ham in a The Pampered Chef roasting pan using the rack (spritz with veg. oil using the Kitchen Spritzer) and cover with aluminum foil. Bake until internal temp reaches 160, or for approximately 30 minutes per pound (4 hours for an 8# ham) **I had a 10# ham so it should have taken 5 hours in the oven…it only took 2.5 hours!

~In a small sauce pan (I did mine in a prep bowl in the microwave while the ham was baking…the sugar dissolved but by the time I went to baste it onto the ham it was thick and easy to baste without running off of the ham!) combine honey, mustard, and remaining 2 T. brown sugar and bring to a boil over med-low heat on stovetop to melt sugar.

~Remove ham from oven and glaze with honey mixture using about ½ of it. Return ham to oven, uncovered, and bake for 10 minutes.

~Remove ham again and garnish with pineapple slices (using toothpicks to adhere them if necessary) Glaze ham with remaining glaze and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.

~Let ham cool before slicing. (I covered mine with the foil again and let it sit on top of the stove for about an hour and it was still very warm when we ate it!)

rennea said:
Tonight we are having chicken salsa baked in the oven and rice with salad.

For dessert we are having Becky's icecream/jello mixture:)

I have family coming from out of town this week so I'm sitting down today to plan my menu. (yes I know very Martha-ish):blushing:

I haven't been following all of these threads...where can I find out about this???????? MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm

KellyTheChef said:
I haven't been following all of these threads...where can I find out about this???????? MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm

Hey Kelly!

Straight from the horse's mouth - LOL

It's comfort food that my grandma always used to make for us on holidays....

Start your jello (whatever flavor you want) with the hot water, like normal, but then, instead of adding cold water or ice, add the same amount of vanilla ice cream. Mmmmmm. Grandma would make this at Christmas with raspberry jello, and then also add frozen raspberries and chopped walnuts or pecans.

I make it with just one box of jello, and then, pour it into the small chillzanne bowl - it sets up very quickly that way!

That glaze sounds similar to mine that I've made for YEARS!Hold on and I'll post mine...

Ham Glaze1 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 small can pineapple
1 T mustard
1 T cornstarch
2 T lemon juiceI usually double my glaze recipe for a full-size or spiral ham and also drizzle some honey over the ham before I put the glaze on.Enjoy!BTW, the glaze tastes great over garlic mashed potatoes too.

ChefBeckyD said:
Hey Kelly!

Straight from the horse's mouth - LOL

It's comfort food that my grandma always used to make for us on holidays....

Start your jello (whatever flavor you want) with the hot water, like normal, but then, instead of adding cold water or ice, add the same amount of vanilla ice cream. Mmmmmm. Grandma would make this at Christmas with raspberry jello, and then also add frozen raspberries and chopped walnuts or pecans.

I make it with just one box of jello, and then, pour it into the small chillzanne bowl - it sets up very quickly that way!
My mom made her jello like that all the time. I've made it with cool whip instead of ice cream and it's just as yummy! :)

I think tonight I will put DH in charge of supper. I took some brats out of the freezer and he just ran to the store to get a few things...

I made another cool veggie pizza since it is in the 90's here and I didn't feel like using the oven and I have a ton of veggies I needed to use.
We are going to have some rootbeer floats and swim in the pool after dinner.

My grandma used to make gelatin like Becky's g'ma, usually orange with mandarin oranges in it. Yummy!!We have decided not to grill, since the thunderstorms that have been coming across the midwest hit our area about 15 minutes ago. We'll be eating leftovers and saving the pork chops for tomorrow.

Sorry about all that rain, Ann. DH thatched the yard last week and it rained 2 days ago and the ground is still wet. I'm sure the humidity isn't helping with that either- but it hasn't ruined our brat grilling plans yet like yours did. Sorry about that!

thanks you guys are great! My DH will be sooo Happy!

I added fresh orange zest, to my post above. That's what I get for not writing my recipe down and doing it by memory.I also put cloves in my ham. Sorry I am spaz!

chefann said:
My grandma used to make gelatin like Becky's g'ma, usually orange with mandarin oranges in it. Yummy!!

We have decided not to grill, since the thunderstorms that have been coming across the midwest hit our area about 15 minutes ago. We'll be eating leftovers and saving the pork chops for tomorrow.

Well, at least the pork chops will be nice and tender and very flavorful!

Of course, there may be thunderstorms tomorrow evening too.....:p

ChefBeckyD said:
Well, at least the pork chops will be nice and tender and very flavorful!

Of course, there may be thunderstorms tomorrow evening too.....:p
<giggle> If there are more storms, I'll pull out my grill pan. Luckily, we had enough leftovers for dinner and still have some for DH's lunch tomorrow.

So, I was going to make dinner but ended up running to a medical call...so at 9:15 at night, I had Jamaican Jerk Nachos with the leftover chicken from last night I made DH and Mom. Mom and I ate those. DS had a hotdog, DD had a burger on the grill and DH had 2 burgers. It was quick, it was a hodgepodge, but it was food!Oh, and DD FINALLY rode her bike without training wheels tonight! DS too!!!!
(Finally because DD is 7 and until last year had no interest in her bike - DS is 4 and trying to keep up with sister - he did just as well).

janetupnorth said:
So, I was going to make dinner but ended up running to a medical call...so at 9:15 at night, I had Jamaican Jerk Nachos with the leftover chicken from last night I made DH and Mom. Mom and I ate those. DS had a hotdog, DD had a burger on the grill and DH had 2 burgers. It was quick, it was a hodgepodge, but it was food!

Oh, and DD FINALLY rode her bike without training wheels tonight! DS too!!!!
(Finally because DD is 7 and until last year had no interest in her bike - DS is 4 and trying to keep up with sister - he did just as well)

YEA for Sammie!

Micah has a little bike with training wheels, and he flies around on that - but he's not ready to take off that level of security yet!

We had the aforementioned shrimp, corn, & watermelon for lunch. For dinner, we had cheese & veggie quesadillas - a small dinner, because we knew cake & ice cream was coming!

Okay I am a spaz again.....:indif:

I had planned to make my stuffed burgers and homemade mac & cheese and dh didn't want to wait, he said let's make these when we go camping.

So I took the burger meat and made the power cooking easy stroganoff, and some spinach. Oh it was so yummy!:love:

We had Nothin' ! My allergies have started acting up and I have no sense of taste or smell...I have no want to eat anything :( I hope this goes away though...I like food!

Kristina21 said:
We had Nothin' ! My allergies have started acting up and I have no sense of taste or smell...I have no want to eat anything :(

I hope this goes away though...I like food!

How's the weather your way we are coming up to go camping at the Somoa dunes for Father's day?

Hope you feel better soon, allergies are no fun.

pamperedalf said:
How's the weather your way we are coming up to go camping at the Somoa dunes for Father's day?

Hope you feel better soon, allergies are no fun.

It was nice and sunny today with a breeze...I wasn't outside much but it looked nice :)

Kristina21 said:
It was nice and sunny today with a breeze...I wasn't outside much but it looked nice :)

Good tell it to stay that way for the week! I am so excited to get out of town, and my ds is killing me asking are we going to the little sand yet?

Anyone have the Main Dishes Cookbook?I used to have it, but my husband did some house cleaning (yeah!) But he tossed my PC cookbooks (bummer) I have only replaced one of the three he tossed, but it does remind me that I need to get the Main dishes cookbook again. I am looking for the Kansas City BBQ Ribs recipe on page 68 - mostly for the BBQ sauce- it is really, really good sauce. :) :thumbup:
Thanks!
Katie

I don't have it, but you'll have more luck finding one from a cheffer if you start an ISO thread in the Marketplace.

Related to What's on the Menu for Dinner Tonight? (June 8th)

1. What is the main dish for tonight's dinner?

Tonight's main dish is chicken salsa baked in the oven.

2. What sides will be served with the main dish?

We will be serving rice and salad as side dishes.

3. What is the dessert for tonight's menu?

The dessert for tonight is Becky's ice cream/jello mixture.

4. Can you provide more details about the dessert?

Becky's ice cream/jello mixture is a delicious combination of creamy ice cream and refreshing jello, perfect for a summer dessert.

5. Do you have any tips for planning a menu for guests?

It's always a good idea to plan ahead and consider your guests' dietary restrictions and preferences. Also, try to balance out the menu with a variety of flavors and textures.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cutiechic
  • cewcooks
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • rennea