• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Going On? :confused: Exploring Unusual Requirements

In summary, the conversation revolved around the "Pink Glove Dance" video that was proposed at Conference to raise awareness for breast cancer. Some consultants were confused about the concept and whether or not they would receive pink gloves to participate. Others were discussing whether or not they would buy the gloves or use old ones they already had. The idea of creating a video with consultants from different clusters was also brought up. One consultant mentioned how she was not aware of the "Pink Glove Dance" phenomenon and another added that the gloves were meant to coincide with the HWC sale in October. Some consultants were not fond of the idea of wearing gloves, but others saw it as a great opportunity to raise awareness for a good cause.
Kelly8
What's up with this? Is anyone else scratching their heads? Won't it be kind of hard to participate without pink gloves?:confused:

Kelly8 said:
What's up with this? Is anyone else scratching their heads? Won't it be kind of hard to participate without pink gloves?:confused:

That's what we were thinking when Jean was talking about it- and we thought maybe they'd give everyone a pair- and then they didn't. :confused: Since they are planning on putting the video together in October for everyone to see, and we can't exactly ORDER them, I guess they just assume alot of folks own them. (not I!) And given what I've heard about them ripping easily, I doubt I'll waste the money. :)

I was thinking the same thing! I know a lot of people still have their old pink gloves, but I wasn't selling then, so I don't have any. How odd...I thought surely they were going to give us each a pair. :blushing: Oh well...no pink glove dance for me (unless a pair come in our changeover paperwork.) :rolleyes:

We thought for sure we'd be getting a pair too - I'm not buying another pair, so I guess we won't be doing a pink glove dance either.

I missed something..what are you talking about?

chefheidi2003 said:
I missed something..what are you talking about?

It was from Conference. Jean Jonas asked us all to make a video of us doing "the pink glove dance"--put on your HWC pink gloves and dance around like a fool and submit a video of it.

I'm sure more details will come soon.

This sounds like the most ridiculous thing ever. :)

leftymac said:

What's the matter Keith? Is pink not your color?? ;)

leftymac said:

I'm right there with ya. :rolleyes: :D :confused:

Ok, I am a mammography tech, so this is a big deal for me. I love the idea.

Have you folks seen all the "pink glove dance" videos on youtube? They are to raise awareness of breast cancer. If you go to youtube.com and search for "pink glove dance" a bunch come up. As a medical person, of course I love the hospital employee ones. I imagine that PC will try to edit a bunch of consultant videos into one that we can use to raise awareness. How cool if whole clusters sent theirs in, etc.

This is just one example. There are many more.

To you health!
Marghi

cookie325 said:
I was thinking the same thing! I know a lot of people still have their old pink gloves, but I wasn't selling then, so I don't have any. How odd...I thought surely they were going to give us each a pair. :blushing: Oh well...no pink glove dance for me (unless a pair come in our changeover paperwork.) :rolleyes:

You can purchase them for $9 on a supply order form. I thought that was a little much when I don't wear gloves for anything else. No dance for me I guess.

Do they have to be PC gloves?

BlueMoon said:

Have you folks seen all the "pink glove dance" videos on youtube? They are to raise awareness of breast cancer. If you go to youtube.com and search for "pink glove dance" a bunch come up. As a medical person, of course I love the hospital employee ones. I imagine that PC will try to edit a bunch of consultant videos into one that we can use to raise awareness. How cool if whole clusters sent theirs in, etc.

To you health!
Marghi

Thanks Marghi for giving us a new perspective on this. I had no idea that the "Pink Glove Dance" was a phenomena!

BlueMoon said:
Do they have to be PC gloves?

I think that was the point - to coincide with the HWC sale in Oct.

I didn't realize that either!

We were surprised when they didn't give us all pink gloves as well. My director has a pair, so we were talking about doing something just using her pair. We'll see!

ChefBeckyD said:
I think that was the point - to coincide with the HWC sale in Oct.

yes, and I must admit I have never seen them....I don't like gloves, I guess because I have to wear them at work.

but are they so distinctive that a viewer could tell they were PC? and are they $9? on the supply order? that's a steep price to participate in this....

BlueMoon said:
yes, and I must admit I have never seen them....I don't like gloves, I guess because I have to wear them at work.

but are they so distinctive that a viewer could tell they were PC? and are they $9? on the supply order? that's a steep price to participate in this....

Quite distinctive - they are pink down to the wrist, and then have a pink and white polka dot cuff. And yes, the price was always steep. We aren't even getting much of a price break on them, because the regular price is $10.

BlueMoon said:

To you health!
Marghi

Oh! That makes much more sense and doesn't seem ridiculous at all. Previous comment withdrawn. I just thought it was one of those girly things they were wanting us to do.

And pink is my color! I look sexy in my pink polo. Only real men can pull off pink.

Thanks for posting that link Marghi! Okay, so I get it now. I thought it was just something PC made up. :D :blushing:

leftymac said:
And pink is my color! I look sexy in my pink polo. Only real men can pull off pink.

Sooo true. My husband looks great in pink! :blushing:

leftymac said:
Oh! That makes much more sense and doesn't seem ridiculous at all. Previous comment withdrawn. I just thought it was one of those girly things they were wanting us to do.

Very true - but does that include pink polka dots?:D

oh my goodness ... that video brought tears to my eyes ... really touched my heart .. I'm a sap!!!

but I love the idea and I can see doing it at all of my shows in Oct!

i once won the Golden Gloves ... but pink? Are they out of their (collective) minds?

leftymac said:
... And pink is my color! I look sexy in my pink polo. Only real men can pull off pink.

::::: tonguebite! :::::

Related to What's Going On? :confused: Exploring Unusual Requirements

1. What is "What's Going On?"

"What's Going On?" is a program offered by Pampered Chef that helps consultants explore unusual requirements and find creative solutions for their customers.

2. How can this program benefit me as a consultant?

This program can benefit you as a consultant by providing you with the tools and resources to better understand and meet the unique needs of your customers. It can also help you stand out as a consultant who is willing to go above and beyond for your clients.

3. What kind of requirements does this program cover?

"What's Going On?" covers a wide range of unusual requirements, including dietary restrictions, budget limitations, and special occasions. It also helps consultants think outside the box for potential solutions.

4. Is there a cost associated with participating in this program?

No, there is no cost for consultants to participate in "What's Going On?". It is a free program offered by Pampered Chef to support and enhance the consulting experience.

5. How can I sign up for "What's Going On?"?

You can sign up for "What's Going On?" by visiting the Pampered Chef website and navigating to the "Consultant Resources" section. From there, you can find more information and register for the program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
heat123
  • merego
  • General Chat
Replies