• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Help! Unauthorized Info on LinkedIN - What To Do?

In summary, an unknown person put your website in their favorites on a shopping website, and you got an internet violation.
merego
I got an e-mail from HO about an internet violation.

When I clicked on it, it was my info, but I dont even have an account to this LinkedIN and am not sure how my info got there. I couldn't go on and delete it because I didn't have a user ID and password. I have been on hold with HO and sent an e-mail to LinkedIN to see how I can get it deleted.

I am very frustarted and confused as to how this happened. I know we can not advertise like that. I have gotten approvals from HO for my fundraisers and still have those e-mail approvals, but that is the only time and that was for Breast Cancer Fundraisers. There was info about me, but it was not correct, it kind of is creeping me out.....

Has this happened to anyone else?:confused::confused:

Goodness, Mere. Maybe HO can give you some more info when you ever get to talk to them.

I have a business account on Linked In, feel free to PM or e-mail me the link and I'll let you know what it supposedly says or who the creator is...

Never heard of that website. But yes, something similiar happened to me. I got an internet violation, it was from a website where you can put wishlists I guess. A customer of mine had made a PC wishlist with links to my website.
HO is pretty understanding if you explain it to them.

lacychef said:
Never heard of that website. But yes, something similiar happened to me. I got an internet violation, it was from a website where you can put wishlists I guess. A customer of mine had made a PC wishlist with links to my website.
HO is pretty understanding if you explain it to them.

But . . . how cool is it that your customer has a PC wish list, and is making sure the presents are purchased from you?!!

Yes....very true!

Find anything out Mere?

LOL! All I could think of was the commercial for ebay - when the guy in the office gets a officemate the gps for the secret santa - Rule breaker!!! LOL!!! Just kiddin my friend - just a kiddin!

I had it happen, and there wasn't anything to be done about it. Someone I don't even know from the other part of the country put my website in their favorties on a shopping website. Just respond to HO and let them know you don't know anything about it.

1. How do I remove unauthorized information about me on LinkedIn?

To remove unauthorized information on LinkedIn, you can reach out to the person who posted the information and kindly ask them to delete it. If that doesn't work, you can report the post to LinkedIn by clicking the three dots on the top right corner of the post and selecting "Report this post". You can also reach out to LinkedIn's customer support for further assistance.

2. Can I take legal action against someone for posting unauthorized information about me on LinkedIn?

It depends on the type of information and the laws in your country. If the information is defamatory or violates your privacy, you may have grounds for legal action. It's best to consult with a lawyer to understand your options.

3. How can I prevent unauthorized information from being posted about me on LinkedIn?

You can prevent unauthorized information from being posted about you on LinkedIn by customizing your privacy settings. You can choose who can see your profile and posts, and you can also approve tags and mentions before they appear on your profile. It's also a good idea to regularly monitor your profile and report any unauthorized information.

4. What should I do if the unauthorized information on LinkedIn is affecting my job or professional reputation?

If the unauthorized information is affecting your job or professional reputation, you may want to consider reaching out to your employer or HR department and explaining the situation. You can also reach out to LinkedIn's customer support for assistance in removing the information. In extreme cases, you may need to consult with a lawyer.

5. Is it possible to completely remove unauthorized information from LinkedIn?

It is possible to remove unauthorized information from LinkedIn, but it may not be completely erased from the internet. The best course of action is to try and remove the information from LinkedIn first, and then reach out to other websites or search engines to request the removal of the information from their platforms as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• shelliebeard
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrstephens
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • straitfan
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies