• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Cooking with Leftovers and New Recipes?

In summary, tonight the Smith household is fend for themselves. Mommy is out with the girls for dinner and a movie, so it's cool and stormy out. Tonight's menu includes Spinach and Cheese Ravioli with pasta sauce, a mixed greens salad with orange poppyseed dressing, and garlic toast. Tomorrow, the husband is working, so it's fend for yourself night at the house. Brother is getting married, so it's fend for yourself here. Tonight, DH is working on his car, so DS and I will probably go out for dinner. Tonight's meal is burgers and chips.
rennea
Gold Member
Well it's the end of the work week for most. (Not me!!)

I have so much food in the house now I'm having trouble deciding what to have :)

Tonight I think we are having........

Mustard Pork Chops w/ Gnocchi :chef: It's a new recipe I'm trying from Nigella Express.

It is fend for yourself night at the Smith house. Mommy is going out with the girls for dinner and a movie!

It's cool and stormy here today - so I'm thinking Spinach and Cheese Ravioli w/ pasta sauce, a mixed greens salad w/ orange-poppyseed dressing, and garlic toast.

My brother is getting married - so its fend for yourself here - most likely have the oldest grab some pizzas for the gang!!!

Not sure here. I have to cook for the guys that mow at the fairgrounds tonight. We're on the fair board & our fair grounds are kept up by the members. The guys mow & the women cook. Although, some of the men have been known to bring a dish that they made & the women do some of the mowing.

I'm doing burgers & chips. A couple of the wives are bringing side dishes.

DH will be at a friend's house, working on his car, so I'm on my own. Last week I had pancakes on Friday night (and I just finished the last of them for breakfast this morning). I have no idea what I'll end up having - probably toast.

If it weren't so far, I'd be crashing Becky's dinner tonight - sounds yummy!

DH is OOT so DS and I will probably go out for dinner. He has a baseball game at 7:00 and I need to decorate 4 dozen cup cakes to look like baseballs for the end of season party tomorrow.

I've got a pc party tonight so I'll be making deluxe cheeseburger salad for the ladies. DH and DS can grab a burger.

Well, I suppose since I've said this fro about 3 days in a row I should actually get around to making it. Once again I'm going to make the ham and cheese omelet roll with cheesy hashbrowns and turkey sausage. I have a screaming headache right now, so if I can get rid of it, that's what we will have. If not- everyone is on their own.

Too- funny- I changede my avitar last night. I Simpsonized myself and after I posted my post I was like- WHERE DID I GO?! I had forgotten that I changed my picture and that the post I was looking at was infact mine!

I'm such a dork!

ChefBeckyD said:
It's cool and stormy here today - so I'm thinking Spinach and Cheese Ravioli w/ pasta sauce, a mixed greens salad w/ orange-poppyseed dressing, and garlic toast.
Seriously? My dh hasn't been home for dinner all week, and I just can't get myself to care about dinner. I eat a big salad and feed my kids something easy with fruit and dark green lettuce on the side. French bread pizza, chicken nuggets, frozen pizza, turkey sausage patties and cinnamon sugar toast (that was the most I "worked" on dinner this week.) I'm running out of original convenience foods, though. I need to save the other frozen pizza for Sunday lunch. I am using my PC products for every meal.

JAE said:
Seriously? My dh hasn't been home for dinner all week, and I just can't get myself to care about dinner. I eat a big salad and feed my kids something easy with fruit and dark green lettuce on the side. French bread pizza, chicken nuggets, frozen pizza, turkey sausage patties and cinnamon sugar toast (that was the most I "worked" on dinner this week.) I'm running out of original convenience foods, though. I need to save the other frozen pizza for Sunday lunch. I am using my PC products for every meal.

The Ravioli IS convenience food, but it's also comfort food. I get it at Costco. It's a refrigerated, organic ravioli. A couple years ago they were demoing it when Micah and I were in Costco, and we tried it and he cried for more.....it's sooooo good! Salad is easy, because I always have different greens in the fridge, and just add some sliced peppers, cukes, and strawberries. Stick some frozen garlic toast in the oven - this is a dinner I can pull off in 15 minutes!:D :p

Maybe you should write menus because it sounded like an item off a fancy Italian restaurant menu.

JAE said:
Maybe you should write menus because it sounded like an item off a fancy Italian restaurant menu.

It's all part of my love-affair with food.:eek:

JAE said:

I'm sure Becky could make Mac & Cheese sound gourmet:chef:

That would be: Crescents of the finest pasta, cooked until al dente, and served nestled in a creamy, cheesy sauce and topped with delicate crunchy crumbs.

chefann said:
That would be: Crescents of the finest pasta, cooked until al dente, and served nestled in a creamy, cheesy sauce and topped with delicate crunchy crumbs.
LOL - How about: the finest al dente pasta, smothered in a melange of 4 creamy cheeses, and topped with a crust of buttery, lightly seasoned crouton crumbs.

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL - How about: the finest al dente pasta, smothered in a melange of 4 creamy cheeses, and topped with a crust of buttery, lightly seasoned crouton crumbs.
Add some pancetta to that and you've got yourself a deal! :)

Kitchen Diva said:
Add some pancetta to that and you've got yourself a deal! :)

DS won't eat the meat......so Mac & Cheese is a vegetarian dish here - but have you tried the BLT Mac & Cheese in the 29 Minutes cookbook? That is delicious!

We have FINALLY located a Chinese Restraunt in the area, so I will be having General Tso's chicken and steamed dumplings. I can not believe that people around here do not eat Chinese Food!!! That is the ONLY thing I miss from our old neighborhood, in fact, we stopped in there last time we were in the area, and BEGGED him to come here and open a resteraunt.

ChefBeckyD said:
DS won't eat the meat......so Mac & Cheese is a vegetarian dish here - but have you tried the BLT Mac & Cheese in the 29 Minutes cookbook? That is delicious!
Yes I did, but I must have done something wrong because it did not turn out, and DH did NOT like it. The leeks were given a thumbs down. :)

A lot of my cheesy pasta dishes call for pancetta or ham- so I'm addicted to pancetta now! :)

So, DH came home from work, and wanted to go immediately to an RV supply store to pick up some things we need for our new camper. He suggested we eat at the Arnie's that is on the way there - so the Spinach Ravioli will have to wait for another night!:thumbup:

For dinner I had a 1/2 of a Veggie Panini Caprese, and a 1/2 of a Bruschetta Bistro Salad. Yummy!

We ended up out tonight. My daughter got a fish fry and I had a french dip on croissant and tomato bisque.

We had left over spaghetti from last night. We have enough left over to feed an army! (I will know I have made it as a chef when I can make the perfect amount of spaghetti for the people who are eating it!) We decided that we are going to try not to go out much this week, so it looks like it will be spaghetti for all week long! Not really, as much as I like spaghetti, I could never eat it that much!

1. What is the "What's for Dinner?" meal plan for May 30th?

The "What's for Dinner?" meal plan for May 30th includes a delicious grilled chicken and vegetable skewer recipe, a refreshing summer salad, and a simple yet flavorful mango salsa. It is the perfect meal for a warm summer evening.

2. How many servings does the May 30th "What's for Dinner?" meal plan make?

The May 30th "What's for Dinner?" meal plan makes 4 servings. It is perfect for a family dinner or for meal prepping for the week.

3. Are there any substitutions for the ingredients in the May 30th "What's for Dinner?" meal plan?

Yes, there are several substitutions you can make for the ingredients in the May 30th "What's for Dinner?" meal plan. For example, you can use tofu or shrimp instead of chicken for the skewers, and you can use any type of leafy greens for the salad.

4. How long does it take to prepare the May 30th "What's for Dinner?" meal plan?

The May 30th "What's for Dinner?" meal plan takes approximately 30 minutes to prepare. It is a quick and easy meal that is perfect for busy weeknights.

5. Can I make any parts of the May 30th "What's for Dinner?" meal plan ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the mango salsa and marinate the chicken for the skewers ahead of time. This will save you time on the day of cooking and allow for more time to enjoy the meal with your family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PamperChefCarol
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Get_Pampered
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies