• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Were Your Top 3 Takeaways from the Spring Launch Training?

In Summary, Michael Reeves's story is about how he started out as a kitnapper and how he managed to turn his business around by focusing on the $99 deal.
esavvymom
Staff member
I'm not necessarily asking you to post ANYTHING that lets out any surprises, but if you have notes for your training...I'd love to see them. Or if you'd rather wait until Saturday..that's ok too.

I'm really looking for your top 3 "Aha" moments or things you learned from your speaker. I'll get to hear Tanya Broslawsky, but would have loved to have picked Robin House's, Michael Reeves' or David Meenan's brains and hear what they had to say. (I'm not familiar with the others...not saying they don't have anything good to share!)

(I'm really hoping they'll post the audio files from some of these sites online later- like they do for NC, and did for Leadership)

The training's kind of standardized, so I'll wait to share. Even the stuff that isn't, like the top seller's story, will be repeated by those particular top sellers.

That's fine! I had debated if I should post now, or later. Because I didn't want to spoil it for anyone yet to go to launch. :D

I knew you didn't want to spoil things. I was just afraid that no one would respond. I feel sad when there's no response to a question.

*bumping*So- can I ask what others "Aha" moments were or something they learned from their speaker? I think most of us had the same general meeting topics- except the Guest Speaker who discussed their Cooking Show.We had Tanya Broslawski. There are a few things - which I'll come back and post, but the one that sticks with me first and foremost is what she does AFTER her interactive demo (btw- I loved how she never touched a product- but would ask the guest to pick up the product she was going to use/talk about, and then asked them questions about "how does that feel?", etc). Anyway- when everyone was sitting, she would ask them what their favorite product was- and then would turn to it in the catalog. So for example- if it was Stoneware, she would tell them what page it was on the catalog, and briefly talk about it's features/benefits- but the CUSTOMERs shared what they loved about it and use it for. She then would say something like "If you prefer metal pans, or maybe just need to broil something every so often, we also have a Metal Bakeware collection" and then turn to that page in the catalog. Then she'd move on to the next person's favorite item...continuously cross-selling items and using the catalog. And with the NEW catalog format, she'd be able to EASILY point out "Host Favorites", or items from the kit, etc.LOVE that idea! I wouldn't have to remember anything!! I can use the catalog! :) ANd with the new format of the catalog, it would easily remind me to drop the seeds in there about bookings and the business.

We had Michael Reeves. The man is FUNNY.

First thing I picked up that I am interested in trying is how he does his booking and recruiting spiel. He does his demo which takes about 45 minutes from intros to fixing plates. He cuts up the recipe and tells the guests to get a plate while he goes go get the catalogs (he doesn't give them before hand because he doesn't want the guests pre-judging the items based on price before they fall in love with them). He made it a point to say that he is not there to serve (he also said that when the Host asks what she can do to help when he gets there, he says that when he's taking orders, she can rince everything out and pack up his bag). He then has the guests gather in a sitting area, and does is presentation. Because of the way he takes control, he maintains their attention even now that they've gotten their catalogs and food.

The second thing was when he was telling his story. He started out as a kitnapper almost 10 years ago. His first two shows were for his mom and sister-in-law because they asked for them, and there were no sales. His third show was for an elderly neighbor four months later and the sales were $144.50. He swore he wouldn't do any more. He kept people coming into his family's business though, asking for the Pampered Chef person. He maintained his business like this for years, and lost his career sales nine times. When he introduced the $99 DCB deal last year (March 1st), his career sales were at about $45K. Currently, one year later, he's at $90K. All he did was decide that he was actually going to work his business. It just goes to show that anyone can make this business anything they want to, and they can change their business any time they want.

Thirdly, he said he sets up his Full Service Checkout near the exit to the house, so that he can catch everyone and no one can sneak out (since the host is rinsing the dishes :)).

we had Penny Parks....love...love...love her!!!! She was amazing!!! One thing that I loved that she talked about was that she "pre" coaches her hostesses at her show. When she's thanking the host, she also mentions that the host did exactly as she suggested and invited everyone she knew, ect...this way anyone who books an upcoming show already has a little seed planted about what is expected of them when they host.I really wish that I had a video camera with me so that I could've watched her demo over & over to learn sooo many of the great tips that she was giving....my notes just aren't enough :(

The other thing about Michael Reeves (he was awesome!) he puts the tools needed for the demo on a table and as guests arrive, he asks them to wash their hands and just pick one. That way when it's time to get started on the demo, he just says, "OK, Susie, bring that chopper on up here and chop this onion." No fuss, no begging and the guests use the tools.

He really made me think about how to focus on the products by waiting to pass out the catalog, order form, drawing slip and pen after the demo. AND you know how we have talked about (and used) his Dinner in No Time Sets.

He rocks!!​

We had Tanya Broslawsky and she did not do the catalog like you describe...would have loved to see that too. Amazing! She blew me away with her cross-selling skills, I wish I could have written everything down verbatim! She consistently threw in comments about how much she loved the job. My favorite line was, "I love this job; I get to be me!"

One example of her skills: She introduces the new color coated knives and talked about how fabulous they were, then she says...now I'm sure I have some serious knife people here. I became one after I started selling The Pampered Chef...that's what I love about my job, I can get the good stuff for free! Anyhow, for the serious knife people, let me tell you about our Forged Cutlery...(explains the benefits and quality)..and you know that you save money whenever you bundle? Well we have a bundle too....Our Knife block set will save you over $100! Aren't you the smart shopper? Want to save more? Well, if you host a show, you can bundle AND get it for 50% off! Who's savvy, now?

I LOVED it! She went from a color coated knife, to our knife block set AND managed to get in a recruiting and booking seed! WOW!

"tys1031" was kind enough to email me her notes from a Launch with Michael Reeves, so I'm posting them here for others.

Attachments

• Notes from Michael Reeves-SpringLaunch2010.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 594
WOW....what a thorough and wonderful doc! Thanks! They make it look easy, don't they? LOL One day....I'll be that good! =D

I got some more notes. These are two different sets from Penny Parks. One looks like the direct notes of hers sent to the director I'm on the distro.

Attachments

• PenneyParkes(2).doc
    45.5 KB · Views: 476
Last edited:
Bobbi you rock! THat is EXACTLY what I was hoping to find! I could NOT take notes fast enough to keep up with Penney and she was so good.

*MUAH* THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU :D

Just sharing the info! Someone shared it with me...'pay it forward'.

Already did with my cluster mates who were with me!

Thanks everyone for sharing your notes. If anyone else has any I would love to have them.

1. What is the Spring Launch?

The Spring Launch is an annual event hosted by Pampered Chef to introduce new products, programs, and promotions for the spring season.

2. When is the Spring Launch?

The Spring Launch typically takes place in late January or early February, and is usually announced a few months in advance. Keep an eye out for emails or social media updates for the exact date and time.

3. Can anyone attend the Spring Launch?

Yes, anyone can attend the Spring Launch! It is open to all Pampered Chef consultants, regardless of rank or team size. It is also a great opportunity to invite potential recruits to learn more about our company and products.

4. Will there be training materials available for the new products?

Yes, training materials will be provided for all new products and programs introduced at the Spring Launch. These materials will be available on the Pampered Chef website and can also be found in the "Training Notes" section of the Consultant's Corner.

5. How can I stay updated on the Spring Launch and new products?

The best way to stay updated on the Spring Launch and new products is to regularly check your email and the Consultant's Corner on the Pampered Chef website. You can also follow us on social media for the latest updates and announcements.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Karen Weber
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
heather223
  • COOKINWITHSHERRI