• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are the Top-Selling Craft Fair Cookie Variations?

In summary, Kate is selling a gift set that includes a bowl and ingredients, which she is allowed to do as long as the price is not higher than the cost of the bowl.
Kathytnt
I have a could of craft fairs coming up in lat October and would like to try these out as a cash and carry or pre-order type item. These do go in the Small batter bowl right??

How much have you charged for them?

Which mixes have sold the best

Minestrone Soup
Cowboy Chili
Celebration Cookies - I am going to try a variation with White chocolate because it has become so popular Might even sample these at the shows
Batter Bowl Brownies

The browines are all I have done. People love chocolate and it uses the least amount of ingredients for them to add (just water, oil, and eggs). and the m&m's look really cute inside. Since the bowls are $11 and the filling is like $5-6 each I sold them for $20. I got the bowls for about $7 each through hosting a show. Try to find a way to get them cheap!

Good idea about sampling them at the show!

You're not allowed to do this! YOu can not sell the batter bowls above the cost of the batter bowl.

Are you sure? I have seen many people on here do very successful fundraisers this way, and I am sure that someone cleared it with HO.

My director had a talk with someone at home office about this last year. She was told that NO, we cannot sell the batter bowls for higher than the retail cost. Before going forward with something like this, you should personally call home office and tell them EXACTLY what you are going to do, how much you want to charge, etc. And if you get a yes, make sure to get a NAME and employee number so that if it comes back on you, you can tell them who said it was ok.

I am selling a batter bowl PLUS the ingredients and decorations. not just the bowl. so I think that is fine.

You better check with home office. My director was told it was not ok to increase the price, even though she was adding ingredients. Our interpretation of the rules seems to always be different from what HO had intended. I'd sooner ask HO than get it trouble....

Any answer on this?? I am interested to see what HO says!

Has anyone received an answer from the home office about this? It would be great to know one way or the other. It is a fantastic idea...

bumping....
wondering if anyone called HO...

You are selling a gift set basically. I don't see a problem with that. I hear of people doing it all the time. Some consultant's charge 5.00 for gift wrapping...what's the difference? You added ingredients and a ribbon and that costs money. You can't give things away or you won't make any money.

I have emailed HO, but haven't heard back. As soon as I do, I'll post it here.

Kate~ Did you ever hear back from HO on this? I'd love to see an answer for this IN WRITING from HO. Especially for anyone still planning on selling these. If they say it's ok, make sure you keep that (in writing) in case anyone ever comes back and says it's not allowed....

I did...here's what they said:Hello Kate,
Although we do have procedures in place for holding personal inventory
for craft shows and fairs, altering the product and reselling in this
way is not permitted. Perhaps, she can display one finished piece as a
gift idea.
Irene Pelczarski
Supervisor, Solution CenterWhat I am thinking about doing is if someone wants these (I have three made up and am bringing them to shows and fairs) then they can purchase the bowls from me. If they don't want to put them together, they can give me x amount (I need to figure out the cost of the ingredients) in cash separately. I haven't had any takers yet.

Thank you for sharing the official answer from HO. :)

Glad to see this being discussed, just before many of us may be doing Church Bazaars and Craft Fairs. I learned a big lesson about pricing in our area, a year ago. 20 vendors were together for three days at our local Historic Museum. The Museum made their money by selling lunch and refreshments, and booth space. One vendor used 1 quart Ball canning jars to package a Soup mix, Cookie mix etc. She expected to sell out at $5.00 each, and had most of them to take home. When I saw that, I decided that there was no way I would be able to sell our Small Batter Bowl, and fill it, and expect it to sell, in this area which is a small Village in a rural setting. Most folks wanted to buy Stocking Stuffer priced items, and were interested in our products that were under $10. They were not interested in paying shipping and handling in addition to the cost of the product. I was glad I had a supply of Cash and Carry items. However, that is very subjective and risky, I am learning. There was a Flea Market "White Elephant" table that set the tone for folks to expect bargains, and certainly not to pay full price. Those of us with quality merchandise spent most of our time browsing among each other's booths, and I bought from those who bought from me. It was lots of fun but not a good use of my time. I'm doing it again this year, however, and will talk it up and help with promoting people I know to attend. The attendance was poor last year, according to the organization that had it. It was only one mile from my home but one vendor had commuted 50 miles one way, each day. She also had to find folks to do childcare for her during the show hours. There is a lot to consider with their events.

sarahmarie said:
The browines are all I have done. People love chocolate and it uses the least amount of ingredients for them to add (just water, oil, and eggs). and the m&m's look really cute inside. Since the bowls are $11 and the filling is like $5-6 each I sold them for $20. I got the bowls for about $7 each through hosting a show. Try to find a way to get them cheap!

Good idea about sampling them at the show!

Sarah,
How were you able to get the bowls for the discount? Did you get pre orders first?:confused:

What is a batter bowl gift?

A batter bowl gift is a unique and practical kitchen gift that includes a Pampered Chef batter bowl, along with other kitchen tools and ingredients, to make a delicious recipe. It's a perfect gift for anyone who loves to cook or bake.

What is included in a batter bowl gift?

The contents of a batter bowl gift may vary, but typically it includes a Pampered Chef batter bowl, a recipe card, and some additional kitchen tools or ingredients needed to make the recipe. Some batter bowl gifts may also include a gift certificate for Pampered Chef products.

Can I customize the batter bowl gift?

Yes, you can customize the batter bowl gift to fit the recipient's preferences. You can choose from a variety of recipe options, as well as select different kitchen tools and ingredients to include in the gift. You can also add a personalized note or message to make the gift even more special.

How do I order a batter bowl gift?

You can order a batter bowl gift through a Pampered Chef consultant. They will help you customize the gift and place the order for you. You can also order online through the Pampered Chef website.

Is there a cost for shipping a batter bowl gift?

Yes, there is a shipping fee for all Pampered Chef orders, including batter bowl gifts. The shipping fee will depend on the size and weight of the package and the shipping location. Your consultant can provide you with an estimated shipping cost when you place your order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
  • ChefSteph06
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies