• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Serve With the Cheeseburger Salad?

In summary, the conversation involved discussing options for a meal using the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad recipe. Ideas included potato wedges, onion rings, and chocolate malts, but it was also suggested to stick with healthier options like using lowfat ice cream for the malts and baking the onion rings on a stone. The conversation also included jokes about deep fried snacks and suggestions for baked sweet potato fries or wedges.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
My best friend and DH are coming in from out of town (why did she have to move 2 hours away?!) tonight and she's letting me use them as guinea pigs. I was going to make the Cheeseburger Salad but cannot figure out what to make with it. The only thing I can think of is potato salad but I don't want to go that route!

Potato wedges, maybe. They'd be like fries to go with the "cheeseburger."

That was my other idea.

I was thinking of offering full buns for our husbands who may not appreciate the salad part of the meal. I like the salad idea, it offers something unique rather than just your plain old burger.

Or onion rings! I love the Alexia brand.

OOohhhh-- onion rings would be really good, too. And chocolate malts! Oh, wait, that would negate all the benefits of eating a salad for dinner.

Is the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad recipe on here anywhere or could someone send it to me? Thanks

It's on Consultant's Corner, with the theme show stuff.

I can't do onion rings. BF hates onions and tomotoes but she's going to bear with it for the salad, I shouldn't subject her to much more.

But if I ever make it for DH and I, I love onion rings. Not a big fan of onions but I love about anything battered and deep fried!

chefann said:
OOohhhh-- onion rings would be really good, too. And chocolate malts! Oh, wait, that would negate all the benefits of eating a salad for dinner.
But - it's a Cheeseburger salad.....:confused: Maybe use Edy's lowfat ice cream to make the malts? And the Alexia brand onion rings have 3 grams of fiber per serving.....doesn't that help? Ohhhh, and they get so nice and crunchy/crispy when baked on a stone....mmmmm, we may have to have them for supper too. I get them at Costco in the industrial size bag!:D

Last edited:
(It was a joke, Becky. :) )mmm.... I'll have to pick up a bag of those next time I'm at Costco. Are they the batter-style or breaded-style? DH only likes battered rings. (With ranch for dipping, of course.)This isn't helping wadesgirl any. I think potato wedges/fries would be the easiest. This salad would be good wrapped up in a tortilla as a wrap, too.

chefann said:
(It was a joke, Becky. :) )

mmm.... I'll have to pick up a bag of those next time I'm at Costco. Are they the batter-style or breaded-style? DH only likes battered rings. (With ranch for dipping, of course.)

This isn't helping wadesgirl any. I think potato wedges/fries would be the easiest. This salad would be good wrapped up in a tortilla as a wrap, too.

You are still helping me, it's Friday and I don't want to be at work but you are at least making me laugh!:D

chefann said:
(It was a joke, Becky. :) )

mmm.... I'll have to pick up a bag of those next time I'm at Costco. Are they the batter-style or breaded-style? DH only likes battered rings. (With ranch for dipping, of course.)

This isn't helping wadesgirl any. I think potato wedges/fries would be the easiest. This salad would be good wrapped up in a tortilla as a wrap, too.

I know.....I was just playing along.....

but they are breaded, not battered. And they are great with some soutwestern ranch for dipping.

I like the wrap idea.
How about baked sweet potato fries or wedges? We like them spritzed with oil, then a couple shakes of cinnamon sprinkles, and baked!:chef:

I think I'll pick up some spiced potato wedges tonight. I was thinking fries but wasn't to sure about them.

wadesgirl said:
I can't do onion rings. BF hates onions and tomotoes but she's going to bear with it for the salad, I shouldn't subject her to much more.

But if I ever make it for DH and I, I love onion rings. Not a big fan of onions but I love about anything battered and deep fried![/QUOTE]

Slight Hijack.

Ever have a deep fried Snickers bar or Twinkie? Sounds kind of gross, but actually they're good!

End Hijack.

I like the potato wedges idea. Why not make your own? Use the Apple Wedger, season with any of our spices, bake on the bar pan...

You could have baked potatoes. Make them really good and unhealty and have tons of goodies to put on them :)

dianevill said:
wadesgirl said:

But if I ever make it for DH and I, I love onion rings. Not a big fan of onions but I love about anything battered and deep fried![/QUOTE]

Slight Hijack.

Ever have a deep fried Snickers bar or Twinkie? Sounds kind of gross, but actually they're good!

End Hijack.

I like the potato wedges idea. Why not make your own? Use the Apple Wedger, season with any of our spices, bake on the bar pan...

(It's okay to hijack my thread!) They have that kind of stuff at our state fair every year, even friend oreos, but I have never tried them. I usually stick to a strawberry smoothie, funnel cake and walking taco!

pamperedlinda said:
wadesgirl said:
what on earth is a walking taco?
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
It's a small bag of doritos crushed up in the bag with the side split open. Then you dump your taco meat, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and anything else you want into the bag and eat it with a fork. They serve them at all ball games, fairs, etc around here. They are so good, I always have to get one.

Usually it's the small 50 cent bags but the one at the fair last year was the larger $1 bag, it was way too much to eat, I had to split it with my sister.

Yumm! I want a walkin taco. LOL.

tabnat80 said:
Yumm! I want a walkin taco. LOL.

I never think to make them at home! I love any kind of taco though. The doritos make it extra special.

Love the fried twinkies. Never had fried snickers but fried Oreos are to die for as well. I wasn't to sure at first but heard all the raves about them and had to try them.

Don't wory Linda...I had never heard of a "walkin taco" either till I moved to Minnesota. They are a big deal at all the fairs.

They are yummy!

etteluap70PC said:
I had never heard of a "walkin taco" either till I moved to Minnesota. They are a big deal at all the fairs.

They are yummy!

Must be a midwest thing!

When I went to Chicago years ago, my friend's roommate had never heard of puppy chow (he was from Pennsylvania). He thought we were talking about dog food. So we had to make a batch to show him how good it was.

what is puppy chow if it's not dog food????:confused:

wadesgirl said:
Must be a midwest thing!

When I went to Chicago years ago, my friend's roommate had never heard of puppy chow (he was from Pennsylvania). He thought we were talking about dog food. So we had to make a batch to show him how good it was.

MMMM, puppy chow! I think I'll make some today!

sstqman said:
what is puppy chow if it's not dog food????:confused:

It's chex cereal coated with melted chocolate chips and peanut butter and then tossed in a bag (or our large SS bowl) with powered sugar! It's really good!

This is turning into a rather entertaining thread! :p :p

Related to What to Serve With the Cheeseburger Salad?

What are some common side dishes to serve with the cheeseburger salad?

Some popular options include French fries, sweet potato fries, onion rings, corn on the cob, and coleslaw.

Can the cheeseburger salad be served as a main dish?

Yes, the cheeseburger salad can be served as a main dish. It is a hearty and filling salad that can be enjoyed on its own.

Are there any vegetarian options to pair with the cheeseburger salad?

Yes, you can serve the cheeseburger salad with a vegetarian patty or substitute the ground beef with a plant-based alternative such as Beyond Meat or Impossible Meat.

What dressing goes well with the cheeseburger salad?

The cheeseburger salad pairs well with a classic Thousand Island dressing, but you can also use ranch, honey mustard, or balsamic vinaigrette.

Is the cheeseburger salad gluten-free?

The cheeseburger salad can be made gluten-free by using a gluten-free bun or omitting the bun altogether. However, please note that the dressing and toppings may contain gluten, so it is best to check the ingredients or make your own homemade versions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
fruit76loop
  • kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
nicki25
Replies
Views
merego