• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Long Will Potato Salad and Lemon Bars Keep?

In summary, the conversation discusses a family mini vacation where the speaker forgot to pack important food items and had to deal with expensive admission fees for a water park. They seek advice on the safety of the forgotten food items and decide to just play it safe and toss them. The speaker also reflects on the mishaps and reminds themselves to double check items before leaving in the future.
kcjodih
Gold Member
So here we are on our family mini vacation (5 days - but two involve travelling two and from) and I forgot the potato salad I made in the fridge! DH and DS were so disappointed but wouldn't let me head to the grocery store 1/2 hour away to buy ingredients to make more. I also forgot the rest of Kacey's Lemon Bars in the fridge as well. That's what happens when I have 'helpers' helping load the coolers and cross off the list (without loading obviously!)

If that didn't make me cranky already then finding out both DH and I would have to pay FULL admission of $28 to go and watch the kids at the local Water Slide World was the icing on the cake :mad:. I'm NOT paying $56 to WATCH my kids on water slides for 4 or 5 hours so I ended up staying back. I'm used to paying a 'park admission' price of say $10 or so to just enter the grounds but this is ridiculous! So here I sit on my laptop up at the lodge and I'll probably head back to the trailer shortly for a sandwich and a nap.

I'm thinking I'm out of luck with the potato salad since it has miracle whip and I usually keep it 3 days max - not that it usually ever lasts THAT long but I wanted your opinions along with thoughts on the lemon bars. Thanks.

I wouldn't eat the salad past 3 days myself, I usually only keep mine 2 days. The lemon bars in the fridge should last up to a week. They will be soft when you get home though.

Oh no, that sounds like a rough start to your family vacation! It's always frustrating when things get forgotten or go wrong, especially when you have helpers who may not have loaded things correctly. And that admission price for the water park is definitely steep. I can understand why you decided to stay back at the lodge. As for the potato salad and lemon bars, it's always better to err on the side of caution when it comes to food safety. If you're unsure about the potato salad, I would probably just toss it to be safe. As for the lemon bars, it's hard to say without knowing the specific ingredients and how long they've been out of the fridge. If you're worried about them, I would probably just throw those out as well. It's always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to food poisoning on a vacation. But don't let these mishaps ruin your entire trip. Enjoy your sandwich and nap, and try to make the best of the rest of your vacation. Sometimes these little hiccups can turn into funny stories or memories in the future. And maybe next time, double check that everything is loaded into the cooler before you head out!

1. How long will potato salad keep?

Potato salad can typically be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. It is important to keep it chilled and covered tightly to maintain freshness.

2. Can I freeze potato salad?

While it is possible to freeze potato salad, the texture and flavor may be affected once thawed. It is best to consume potato salad within a few days of making it.

3. How long will lemon bars keep?

Lemon bars can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. For longer storage, they can be frozen for up to 3 months.

4. Can I leave potato salad and lemon bars out at room temperature?

No, it is not recommended to leave potato salad or lemon bars at room temperature for an extended period of time. They should be kept refrigerated until ready to serve.

5. How can I tell if potato salad or lemon bars have gone bad?

If potato salad or lemon bars have an off smell, unusual texture, or have been left out at room temperature for more than 2 hours, they should be discarded. It is always better to err on the side of caution when it comes to food safety.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cook4luv
  • kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • kcjodih