• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Need Brownie Snacks for 70 Kids.....how Many Bar Pans and Mixes...

In summary, Lisa is running low on sleep and has to make brownies for 70 kids while also leaving her home. She has two large pans filled with brownie mix, but is having trouble with the butter. Gail advises Lisa to use a substitute and to wait until the brownies are finished before cutting them.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Hi all,
I'm running on about 2 hours of sleep,:indif: realized I have to make snack tonight and have approx. 70 kids, but also need to leave my home with a couple of hours, so I've got to get these started and done.

I've got the large Bar Pans (2) and have 4 Brownie Mixes that are for 13x9 pans, so my ?? is: How many mixes do I put in each bar pan and how many servings (not just sampling like at show) can I get out of a bar pan?? Just curious, again need someone else brain to be working this morning.

Thanks,

Lisa

Just answered on the chat box but in case others need the answer too:

I usually do one 9x13 size box but you can do two if you want thicker brownies. One box makes a thinner brownie but if you watch them (cut the baking time) they will be fine.

Beth,
Thanks for all your help and suggestions. I'm off to make them now and I'll post later. Just hoping and praying oven doesn't give me fits today. Thanks again,

Lisa

And thank you for the tip about adding 1/4 cup brown sugar. I will definitely do that next time.

Good luck, Lisa. You can do it--and try to get a nap in, as well! LOL.

Why I add brown sugar? Sounds interesting. Good luck Lisa!

Brown Sugar makes them a little chewier.

Well 2 Large Bar Pans done, did with 4 mixes (2 each pan) as I thought I found another mix that I could make in medium pan.........NOPE it was a choc cake mix.

Scrambled, and found recipe for real homemade brownie, but didn't have butter, used substitute I found on line....don't like how they look, smell wonderful, too hot to cut so far. Hope they taste good. Burnt my hand as I got last batch out of oven and so far back as only twinged, but didn't go back out.

Hope this day gets better.

Gail, I'd love a nap, but no time, have to be at the school in a little bit!!

Lisa

1. How many bar pans do I need for 70 kids?

In general, it is recommended to have 1 bar pan for every 12-14 servings. So for 70 kids, you would need approximately 5-6 bar pans. However, this also depends on the size of the bar pans and the serving size for each child. It is always better to have extra pans on hand, just in case.

2. How many mixes do I need for 70 kids?

Each brownie mix typically makes a 9x13 inch pan of brownies, which yields about 24 servings. For 70 kids, you would need approximately 3 mixes. This also depends on the serving size for each child, as well as the brand and type of brownie mix you are using. It is always better to have extra mixes on hand, just in case.

3. Can I use a larger or smaller pan instead of a bar pan?

Yes, you can use a larger or smaller pan, but you may need to adjust the baking time and possibly the amount of batter you use. It is important to follow the instructions on the brownie mix and check the brownies for doneness before removing them from the oven.

4. Can I make brownies ahead of time and freeze them for the party?

Yes, you can make brownies ahead of time and freeze them. To freeze, wrap the cooled brownies tightly in plastic wrap, then place in a freezer-safe container or bag. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw the brownies at room temperature before serving.

5. Can I use a different type of pan, such as a muffin tin, to make individual brownie snacks?

Yes, you can use a muffin tin to make individual brownie snacks. However, the cooking time may need to be adjusted, and you may need to grease the muffin tin or use paper liners to prevent sticking. You may also need to use more than 1 mix, depending on the size of your muffin tin and the serving size for each child.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Gypsy Rose
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Gypsy Rose
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
purrbal
  • ChefPaulaB