• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Make a Delicious Cheeseburger Ring with Biscuits and Cheddar?

In summary, this woman shared an experiment she did that involved using different fillings instead of cresent rolls for a cheeseburger ring. She found that the biscuit filling was great and her husband and daughter loved it. She also mentioned that she plans to try using French bread twists for the ring instead of twists made from bread.
yummy4tummy
I thought I would share my experiment with you all. Tonight I was going to try the Cheeseburger Ring. As luck would have it I didn't have any cresent rolls, American cheese or the 13" round stone. Since I live in the country and the closest thing to a store is a Mini Market (one that would require a second mortgage for any purchase) I thought I would make due with what I did have.

So, I cooked the meat, onions, ketchup, mustard as directed. No American cheese, no problem (not really of fan of it anyway). I used sliced cheddar cheese. Then in place of the cresent rolls, I popped open a can of the large, flaky biscuits and flattened them out on my 15" stone (with my baker's roller of course) and followed the rest of the recipe instructions. Well, I'm not sure how the original turns out but this was great! My DH and DD (aka my guinea pigs) loved it. It is a definate keeper. Just thought I would share.

Valerie:D

P.S. Going grocery shopping tomorrow

"Foundation Recipes"That is one of the things I tell guests at my shows, and I sell a lot of cookbooks because of it.

I tell them that most of our recipes are what I call "Foundational Recipes", meaning that once you have the basics down (rings for example), the only limit to the recipe is your imagination.

I love the thought of using biscuits for the ring! I'm definitely going to try it, and mention it at my shows!

Thanks for sharing...

That sounds really great! I love how versitile our recipes are!

DH and DD?Ok, this is off topic, but I must have missed the original explanation somewhere down the line and I've seen it used a lot on this site, so what do the DH and DD stand for? I get that it's short for something husband and something daughter (I think), but what's the first "D"?

I know I'll probably kick myself but I've got to know! :rolleyes:

Aun said:
Ok, this is off topic, but I must have missed the original explanation somewhere down the line and I've seen it used a lot on this site, so what do the DH and DD stand for? I get that it's short for something husband and something daughter (I think), but what's the first "D"?

I know I'll probably kick myself but I've got to know! :rolleyes:

dh = dear husband
dd = deardaughter
SIL= sister-in-law

etc :)

yummy4tummy said:
I thought I would share my experiment with you all. Tonight I was going to try the Cheeseburger Ring. As luck would have it I didn't have any cresent rolls, American cheese or the 13" round stone. Since I live in the country and the closest thing to a store is a Mini Market (one that would require a second mortgage for any purchase) I thought I would make due with what I did have.

So, I cooked the meat, onions, ketchup, mustard as directed. No American cheese, no problem (not really of fan of it anyway). I used sliced cheddar cheese. Then in place of the cresent rolls, I popped open a can of the large, flaky biscuits and flattened them out on my 15" stone (with my baker's roller of course) and followed the rest of the recipe instructions. Well, I'm not sure how the original turns out but this was great! My DH and DD (aka my guinea pigs) loved it. It is a definate keeper. Just thought I would share.

Valerie:D

P.S. Going grocery shopping tomorrow

I love it! I have used those fillings to fill the french bread twists (see the chicken bistro). My favorite filling is the spinach artichoke. When I have leftover rotissary chicken I chop that up and mix it in too.

Good thinking!

1. What does "Don't Be Afraid to Experiment!" mean?

"Don't Be Afraid to Experiment!" is a common phrase used in the culinary world to encourage individuals to be creative and try new things in the kitchen. It means that you shouldn't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and try new ingredients or cooking techniques.

2. How can I incorporate experimenting into my cooking?

There are many ways to incorporate experimenting into your cooking. You can start by trying a new recipe, using new ingredients, or changing up a traditional dish with a twist. You can also experiment with different flavor combinations or cooking methods.

3. Is it important to follow a recipe when experimenting?

While it's always helpful to have a recipe as a guide, it's not necessary to follow it exactly when experimenting. You can use the recipe as a starting point and then adjust and add ingredients to make it your own. Don't be afraid to deviate from the recipe and make it your own creation.

4. What are the benefits of experimenting in the kitchen?

Experimenting in the kitchen can lead to new and exciting flavor combinations, improve your cooking skills, and boost your confidence in the kitchen. It also allows you to discover new ingredients and techniques that you may not have tried before.

5. How can I keep track of my experiments in the kitchen?

One way to keep track of your experiments in the kitchen is to write them down in a recipe journal or notebook. You can also take notes on the changes you made and the outcome of the dish. This will help you remember what worked and what didn't for future reference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • LCOLACHICO
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedDor
  • bridgetbakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies