• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Say to Someone When They Say

In summary, my cousin said she doesn't want to do a show because of the economy and not wanting to ask other people to spend money. She also said she doesn't sell which she wouldn't because she doesn't want to be pushy or sound matter-of-fact. She is still considering doing a show, but thinks doing a show through a PC is the best way to go because it isn't about 'selling' and the guests don't feel pressured to buy something.
Kimberlymmj
they don't want to ask host because of these economic times and not wanting to ask people to spend money. SHe also said she doesn't sell which she wouldn't because I would be. This is my husbands cousin so I don't want to be pushy or sound matter or factly but, I could say "people are staying home now and cooking more. A purchase for the kitchen is an investment and one that is always going to be useful. Plus I can show you how to make dinner for 2.00 a serving."

I have not started yet. I am purchasing my kit tomorrow and have been sending out the feeler emails. It is NOT looking good. But, I am going to give it 3 months and see where it goes.

Let me know what you ladies think for this newbe to be.

There are three great videos on Consultant's Corner- which you will get access to once you get your Consultant ID and Password. They were released end of February and specifically address dealing with this economy. I thought they were great and give great word options. They were done with 3 consultants in very tough-hit areas and how they are thriving in their business and what they say. (My favorite was Danielle.)

Watching these videos/reading the transcripts really helped me have the courage to ask and gives alternatives WAYS to ask. Such as "I’m offering to come to your house and teach your family and friends a way to make an inexpensive meal that’s absolutely delicious and wonderful and nutritious and it’s quick."

Once you have access to Consultant's Corner, you'll find them here. (Under the "Consultant & Leadership Training Tab", then select "Now More than Ever". You'll see a message from Marla G, and then three videos after that. Those are the ones I"m talking about.) YOu can also view the written transcripts to copy the words. Just click on the words below the videos that says "Click here for transcript" or something like that.

Good luck!

Attachments

• NowMoreThanEver_cindy_transcript.pdf
    63 KB · Views: 343
  • NowMoreThanEver_danielle_transcript.pdf
    62.2 KB · Views: 414
  • NowMoreThanEver_tj_transcript.pdf
    58.7 KB · Views: 251
I have seen in my case that emails don't produce much. I have yet to get a booking off of an email, even with specials or anything. Talk to people face to face or on the phone would be the best!

I will thanks. I don't have some of these ladies phone numbers so I have to figure out a way.

I hope I can do this. When you hear the word no it can be discouraging. How do you get past it?

Do not take no personally. They are not saying no to you they are saying no to what you are offering. Make it a challenge to get say 10 no's. Then give yourself a treat. there is a great form on here somewhere called 100 no's.

Keep in mind that out of 10 conversations the average yes is 1.

It's all in the attitude you have and how you recieve the no.

I also have almost never gotten a booking from just an email. You need to make it personal.

Family anf friends are toughest. once you get past them it is MUCH easier!

I had a conference call with my director about this, this past Wednesday night. What she recommended, was offering the Power Cooking show. During these economic times, many people are starting to cook in the kitchen. These people also don't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.

I love the challenge to get 10 no's. I'm going to try it.

Kimberlymmj, I've been a Consultant for a year, now, and my sister FINALLY hosted a show this past Saturday. She had never even been to a PC show before. She had so much fun, she actually wants to do another show (game night theme) next month, AND she hinted to two different guests they should sign up under me!

How does this relate to your question? The reason my sister never had a show before was because she doesn't like the idea of 'selling' to her guests, or making them feel pressured to buy something. I'm assuming you have been to at least one show, so you know there is absolutely NO pressure. You, as the consultant, never say "you have to buy this," or "you have to spend this much money." If anyone hears "you have to have this," it's from other guests who absolutely love a certain product (or, several!). In fact, I find the less you try to 'sell' the more the guests tend to buy!!

So, what words can you use? "This is all about bringing your friends and family together for a couple of hours of fun, learning and tasting a great recipe or two, and seeing how the right tools can make cooking easier and less expensive. When the guests see the value of the products they decide if they want to buy them or not. There is no pressure from either the host or me. In fact, most guests come to these parties with a set amount in mind of what they can spend, and never feel they have to go over that limit (even if it's zero), unless there's something they REALLY want. Even then, I can show them how to get that item free or discounted by hosting a show of their own."

What to Say to Someone When They Say

1. "Thank you."

When someone says "thank you" to you, the best response is usually "you're welcome." This shows that you appreciate their thanks and are happy to have helped them in some way.

2. "I'm sorry."

When someone apologizes to you, a good response is usually "it's okay" or "no worries." This lets them know that you forgive them and that there is no need to dwell on the mistake.

3. "I love you."

When someone tells you they love you, a heartfelt response is usually "I love you too." This shows them that you reciprocate their feelings and care for them deeply.

4. "I'm proud of you."

When someone expresses pride in you, the best response is usually "thank you" or "that means a lot to me." This shows that you appreciate their support and encouragement.

5. "I'm here for you."

When someone offers their support, a good response is usually "thank you" or "I really appreciate that." This shows that you value their presence and are grateful for their willingness to help.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Deb Bixler
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • K.Shaffer