• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Keep Doing Pampered Chef?

In summary, my husband thinks it is a waste of time to continue doing PAmpered Chef. He also does not think it is worth the extra money to keep looking for work. My sister in law used to sell it and quit so my husband thinks she did not do a good job. He wants me to be a homebody and not work so he can take care of the family. After having my kids, I lost something that I had before them. He still does not get it. He wants me to be happy and I am not happy doing this. I want to find my dream again but where? He also wants me to help him with the kids.
milkangel
To quit or not to quit doing PAmpered Chef? I talked to my husband this morning about it and he thinks it takes to much time traviling talking on the phone and looking for work. he also thinks that it makes people obligated to buy something. hius mom thanks about that too and says that with every thing esle to about DS companies. he said is it worth the extra money to keep looking for work and to him work finds him so he used that and he does not go to door to door looking for work so is it worth doing it. also used my sister in law. she use to sell it and had quit so he says why did she quit. and also he wants me to be a home body. after having my kids i lost soemthing that i did have before them. and he still does not get it. he also loves tinkering on motors and tractors working with dirt and what ever else he can do with motors and he keeps going but being a mom i lost somthing. I want to find it again but where? ALso he said do i have any one that buys something even from a party or oust side the show? i said no not really. and he thinks is it worth doing it than? What it comes down to is should i keep going with Pampered chef or quit? I feel as if i can keep going With it and need to prove to him i can do this and take care of the family. also the other day i was in sioux falls sd and was in a shop and the chek out lady saw my shirt and said do you sell pc and i said yes. ran and ot a catalog and a card for her and i got her name. she is interested in doing a show in the fall. i really think that for all the catalogs i gave out and cards this past year it will all of a sudden take off. we are adding a new kitchen and an office room and he said the is for me and the office room is for Pc. Any one What do you Think? do i keep going and prove it to him? thas it can be done? i love it :love:so much i just cant give in.

milkangel said:
Ti love it :love:so much i just cant give in.

I think you have your answer! This business is all about reaching YOUR dreams, and making YOURSELF happy! :D

I agree. If you love it, then keep with it. It can take awhile for a business to take off. Then that one show catapults you into too busy :). Maybe explain to him that you do this, not just for the money, but also to have something of your own. That's actually why I started. I've been with PC for 5 years now and business comes to me. I just got a call the other day from someone that wants to do a show. She got my name from a past consultant that I met at a booth (she was actually a current consultant when I met her). She stops at every booth I do and when she decided to quit, she decided to pass names on to me. I don't have any other contact with her and didn't know her before. So you never know where business will come from. If you love it, be patient. Continue to work your business. If you aren't busy enough, do some booths. That is really where my business took off. More people see me and meet me. Plus, they visit MANY of my booths. I have cash n carry so that's probably why. Still, more names is good.Good luck!!

Stop asking HIM what YOU should do or need. Why build an office just so he can tell you to quit. Talk to him about helping with the kids rather than playing in the dirt or with motors.

If you aren't losing money, then keep trekking and you'll start making money. His tune will change. It takes some time to establish yourself. Sounds like you want to continue....you need something outside of being mommy and something independant just for you. Nothing wrong with that. Plus, imagine the pride and satisfaction in having a biz all your own.

Lastly, do not do it to PROVE anything. Refocus on training and getting your biz to a strong start. Have fun with it.

Just my opinion....always got to add something, don't I?;)

want to clear this up abit. He is a wounderful guy,husband and a dad. not to put him down. one thing how do i refocuse i do that so meny times and it gets old. one cooking and have 2 booths this month and rescedualed 2 catalog shows to this month insted of last and i will be trying to sell at both booths. any ideas to do different. this time do have cash and carry items. it is arts and crafts booths.

I think people sometimes have the wrong ideas about booths. I am hospitality and any time I am offered a time slot at a booth by my hospitality director I take it. The rest of her cluster isn't so willing. They complain at every meeting that they don't feel like they got anything out of it for their time. My feeling is that if it doesn't take more than one day - and not necessarily the entire day - and it doesn't cost more than $40 then I only need to have one strong lead to make it worth my while. Others seem to think if they only leave with five completely filled out drawing slips then they have wasted their time. But my example of this is when I first moved here I did a two hour time slot at a 4-H fair. I got two shows out of it. One of them was a great show and had a booking that was also a great show but then fizzled out. The other one was a smaller show but it had two bookings, which had bookings and so on and so on. That was 2 1/2 years ago. That hostess is my hostess tomorrow night - she is now a friend and so is her entire family, who have all had shows. And I met my recruit last fall through her. Half of my business here in NJ has come from this one two hour slot at a 4-H fair.

That long drawn out story is to say that if you walk away with only three names but you call them and are excited and get one booking it can do wonderful things for you. This woman by the way, was not the woman who won my drawing prize. That woman did nothing for my business except say thank you for her prize. So it's not always the winners either.

Hope that helps a little. Don't count on cash and carry and don't think just because it's slow you aren't getting anything.

I completely understand wanting something of your own... I was a teacher before I met my DH. Shortly after we married, we started our family and then moved from FL (where all of our family members are!) to KS (where I knew no one!). When my first daughter was born, I had just finished a school year and we decided that I'd stay home with our children. (BTW, I was one of those overly dedicated primary grade teachers too!)
After moving to KS, having our 2nd daughter, I started to feel lost. I too had lost a part of myself. I was only DH "wife" or my daughters' "mommy".
Long story short... I signed because I had just received the phone call that 4 teaching positions for the next school year were filled with other teachers and I loved PC products. I figured "what could go wrong? I'll give it a try..." I had recently been to a Show with a new consultant (my first since moving to KS). While she went to TX for a youth camp with her kids, I went online, entered her consultant # off of my receipt from the show and... here I am now, the PC lady! 15 months in. My husband was glad I signed; I think he had realized why I was so depressed; I had lost "me". Plus, I would finally get discounts on the PC products I loved (he loves PC too; he started as the "chef" in the house!)
Keep your chin up... I had a high school teacher once tell our class, sometimes "you've got to fake it 'til you make it". Feel strong and confident about yourself and your business. Let that strength shine towards others. You will fill your calendar! And yes, we all have slow times too. Just keep working at it!
You can always ask your director for some coaching too...

1. Should I continue hosting Pampered Chef parties?

Absolutely! Hosting Pampered Chef parties not only allows you to earn free products and discounts, but it also gives you the opportunity to share amazing kitchen tools and recipes with your friends and family. Plus, the more parties you host, the more chances you have to earn even more rewards.

2. Is it worth it to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, becoming a Pampered Chef consultant can be a great opportunity for those who are passionate about cooking and want to earn some extra income. With flexible hours, training and support from the company, and the ability to work from home, it can be a fulfilling and profitable venture.

3. How often are new products released with Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef releases new products every season, so four times a year. This allows you to always have access to the latest and greatest kitchen tools and gadgets. As a consultant, you will also have the opportunity to preview and purchase new products before they are released to the public.

4. Do I have to meet sales quotas as a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, there are no sales quotas or minimum requirements as a Pampered Chef consultant. You have the flexibility to work at your own pace and set your own goals. However, the more you sell, the more you can earn in commission and rewards.

5. Can I still be a Pampered Chef consultant if I am not a good cook?

Yes, you do not need to be a professional chef to be a successful Pampered Chef consultant. The company provides training and resources to help you improve your cooking skills and knowledge of the products. As long as you are passionate about the products and willing to learn, you can be a great consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
lt1jane