• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Do With My Dirty Dishes?

.....I have been doing this for over a year now and I have found that the best things I have done are to keep a clipboard and a manilla folder on my table with all the information about what each item is used for. I don't do much handouts, and I make all the recipes ahead of time so everyone can see what I use. The next best thing that helps is to have a sponge at
redsoxgirl
I use the large PC shopping bags for dirty dishes when I have extras, but other than that I have no idea what to do that's not combersome (luckily I haven't run our yet!)

What do you guys do?

I bring a rubbermaid tub.

me too. and as i finish demo-ing a tool in it goes

Yup! Rubbermaid tub for me as well!

I bring plastic grocery bags, and if I forget to bring some, I just ask the host for a few. I don't usually need more than 3. I don't want to bring an extra tub for dirties. I can pretty much repack my tote the same way with the dirties in the plastic bags.

Same thing here....

ChefBeckyD said:
I bring a rubbermaid tub.
Yep! Me too. It sits right under my demo table or near the counter and I drop the dirty dishes in as I go. I let the guests know that if they want to see a tool I've used to just let me know and I'll fish it out for them.
It is one of the best things I have done for my business. I wash everything, put it all back in the tub and then reload my kit. I never forget a tool this way!!

I think I'm going to have to get a tub for this! I like the grocery bag idea, but I'm going to be buying the reusable grocery bags, so my store of plastic bags will dwindle and disappear.

jenniferp417 said:
I think I'm going to have to get a tub for this! I like the grocery bag idea, but I'm going to be buying the reusable grocery bags, so my store of plastic bags will dwindle and disappear.

I just bought a bunch of the reuseable ones from Meijers - they are great!

jenniferp417 said:
Yes, I was thinking the same thing. I've purchased five reusable bags, but the plastic bags keep coming into my house, anyway. I do dislike them so.

ChefBeckyD said:
I just bought a bunch of the reuseable ones from Meijers - they are great!

Yeah, I bought two a couple of months ago. So far, I have yet to remember to bring them with me to the store!! They make a pretty good diaper bag though!

I leave the bags in my car. It's annoying because they are in the way, but it's worth it.

I have a plastic "drawer" from Office Max. My Director uses this ON TOP of her demo table (puts the drawer on the table with the opening to the side, and puts her cutting board right on top of it) this helps if you are using a "card table height" table by making your cutting board higher.

I actually bought a larger one than she uses, so it's just tall enough for the large batter bowl or the medium stainless bowl to fit in there when they are dirty, and it will fit our large grooved cutting board. Since mine is so much bigger than hers (hers only fits the medium size cutting board in there and isn't tall enough for the batter bowls) I keep mine on the floor under my table and drop stuff in there as I am using it. I always mention that I can pull out any tool that someone would like to look at after the show!

Oh, I like the file drawer idea, Kelly! :)

It's not as deep as a file drawer...let me see if I can find a picture...

Here is the link for mine:
http://www.officemax.com/omax/catalog/sku.jsp?skuId=03113348&searchString=plastic+drawer&productId=ARS19407

I use a trash bag

Kelly love the draw---I put everything in my batter bowl pop it in the sink----and wash them or someone does I don't really have many dishes in the end----maybe 10----I also keep a soapy microfiber towel on the table and clean as I go----

I do a no demo show so I make the recipe before the show and wash them all before it starts.

I use a rubber maid tub

I use the tote as well.

BEFORE the show the tub contains all my paperwork, pens, special flyer, folders, hostess packets.

After these items are put on a table, it is empty.

DURING the show, each item I use goes into the tub afteward. Small items first to get them out of the way. If I plan to use an item again, it stays on the table.

AFTER the show, the leftover paper goes back in the PC tote and the dirty dishes go home. After I load the dishes into the dishwasher, I clean and dry the tote. It is now ready to hold paperwork for the next show.

Di_Can_Cook said:
I use the tote as well.

BEFORE the show the tub contains all my paperwork, pens, special flyer, folders, hostess packets.

After these items are put on a table, it is empty.

DURING the show, each item I use goes into the tub afteward. Small items first to get them out of the way. If I plan to use an item again, it stays on the table.

AFTER the show, the leftover paper goes back in the PC tote and the dirty dishes go home. After I load the dishes into the dishwasher, I clean and dry the tote. It is now ready to hold paperwork for the next show.

That's pretty much I how use mine too.

JAE said:
I bring plastic grocery bags, and if I forget to bring some, I just ask the host for a few. I don't usually need more than 3. I don't want to bring an extra tub for dirties. I can pretty much repack my tote the same way with the dirties in the plastic bags.
Me too....kinda :) I used to take two Rubbermaid tubs. After the show, one held dirty dishes....the other got the tools I didn't use.Now I use the Show to Go and put the dirties in a lg PC plastic bag or kitchen trash bags. I don't use the WalMart-ish plastic bags because they usually have a hole in the bottom and I'm afraid something will leak out :eek: I like being able to fit everything back into the STG and rolling it back out the door.

I wash my dishes at my hosts house. I offer a free gift to anyone who does it for me. I usually give them a Season's Best. I do one recipe a month and I love not have to wash and repack when I get home.

I take the SS Bowl set with me (3-piece set only). All the dirties go in the large bowl and I put that into a pillowcase when it is loaded. I put any dirty stones in a pillowcase too. Then put them back in my tote, I usually take 2 totes and pack them light. When I'm done I have one tote for clean and one for dirty. When I get home, I wash my dirties and throw the pillow cases in the laundry. I used to use a trash bag but they tend to stretch. I also use pillow cases and PC dishtowels to wrap my SA and stones to protect them when traveling to shows.

I may have to start bribing guests to do my dishes. I'll be kitchen-sink-less for most of the late spring/early summer when we redo the kitchen. It would be much more convenient to have everything washed before I get home!
Thanks for the idea, Deb!

Wash what I can!!I always ask my host if she can have soapy warm water on one side of her sink and as I demo I drop them in the sink or have my host drop them in.
I have been blessed to have hosts who will wash my stuff for me or leave me very little to wash before I go home.
I definitely wash the stones before I head out so I can show how easy it is to my guests. And wash mostly everything else before I leave. |Or at least a quick rinse and drop them in my rubbermaid tub or whatever brand it is to stick in my dishwasher at home. Walmart had a sale and I got one for only $3.88. It's very handy to throw my stuff in when I don't have a chance to clean them because of so much interaction with guests or if my show is running late. I like to get home ASAP. I have had the convenience at my last show to demo right on her counter where I had access to her sink, an island and counter space. I love SPACE!!! :love:

Debbie :D

I also do the dishes at the hosts house. Most of my hosts insist that the dishes be done. I usually start them as soon as my demo is done. While everyone is eating. Then as soon as the first guest is ready to start with their order I do that. Sometimes i have breaks in between guest so I do dishes and start packing. It has seemed to work out very well so far.

This is a good place to get sturdy reusable bags too - I love this site!
They even have reusable sandwich "bags"!!

http://reusablebags.com/

I buy industrial size trash bags and put it in my crate after I have unloaded. It fits great no streching. I put the crate under my table as I work and all dirties go in. When I'm done I fold over the excess bag on top of dirties, and put clean/unused stuff on top. Has worked great for me for 4+ years.

I am seroiusly considdering going to the 1 rec per month and bribing guests to do my washing.

I like the idea of giving a gift for the dishwasher!

I just have a sink of HOT soapy water ready, and put things in as I go. Then when I am done doing the demo, and guests are filling out their order forms, I can just start cleaning up. I have never had any problem with doing it this way, and I even do any dishes the hostess might have had sitting around! My hostess are always happy and I have even had a few bookings just from doing that!

I do the same with my crate ,I carry stuff in then line it with a stong trash bag and put all my dirty things in it. If I am there to Pamper my host I don't want her to do my dishes. I want her to enjoy talking to her guests. Then i go home and load my dishwasher . in the Morning they are clean and rady to go again

Rubbermaid tub here too!!

I sometimes carry a dishpan but lately I have been carrying a trash bag and lining my consultant tote with it. One less thing to carry in if I don't bring the dishpan.

I never allow my host to wash my dishes - I am there to pamper them. ...but I do like the idea of bribery.

I take the red crate that same with my kit for my dirty dishes. Speakings of which, I thinK I forgot to put it in my car for tonight. Oh well, the will go back in my wicker basket then!

I like the idea of lining the basket/tote with a trash bag. I may try that tonight. I could line it and then close the bag and put any paperwork or clean dishes on the top and still only have one thing to carry in other than my laptop. I am all about trying to cary less, especially being pregnant and getting bigger by the day!HA!

Last edited:
These are all great ideas....thanks

My mom goes with me to some of my shows and she does my dishes for me...lol. I usually do my own dishes as I go. I can't carry a lot of heavy stuff, so I bought one of those folding carts with wheels and I use a small suitcase with wheels and my tool turnaround tote. It really helps me.

I used to bring a tote and threw all the dishes in but that got old after a while. I have been doing my dishes at my hosts home and never have a problem. Some hosts start doing them for me w/o me even knowing. That's great! I usually start on them while the food is cooking or while they're doing their prize slip but before they order. I always let the guests know that I'll be cleaning up and please let me know when they would like to order, etc.

when I promoted my Director friends---told me it was time to be a big girl and do them there with the host more time to CHAT----It makes sense now----but I was not ready----

Maybe, that's my recruiting problem. I just assume the hosts just want to be done (as I just want to get home), so I would never wash my dishes at their house so I could spend time chatting with them. I wonder if I emit my hurried time line out w/o realizing it because it seems my hosts always want to get finished to put kids to bed or move on with the evening. I do sometimes wash the non-dishwaser items like large SA serving pieces, cookware and knives, especially the knives. Hmm...something to ponder when I'm not in a hurry.

yes, my NED also recommends washing at the hosts house so you can chat over the sink with someone--whether that's your host or a helpful guest or whoever...

50 career recruits----it works-----dont gag----

Last night, I did my demo on the Host's bar and the sink was right there nad I notices she had soapy water in the sink, so, I put my dishes in as I used them and while people were looking over the catalog I washed them. That is the first time I have done that, I loved not having to load the dishwasher when I got home! I am going to do this in the future if the sink is right near me, but I won't do it if I am not in the kitchen for my demo.

I am glad I saw this thread yesterday before my show!

MORFIA said:
50 career recruits----it works-----dont gag----

I guess I'm wondering how many of those recruits came from washing dishes at the show?

50-----about 10----I feel like it is good now----- but i went down kicking and screaming------

1. What is the best way to clean my dirty dishes?

The best way to clean your dirty dishes is to fill your sink with warm, soapy water and let them soak for a few minutes. Then, use a scrub brush or sponge to gently scrub each dish, rinsing off any excess soap before placing them in a dish rack to air dry.

2. Can I put my Pampered Chef dishes in the dishwasher?

Yes, all of our Pampered Chef dishes are dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing them to maintain their quality and longevity.

3. How should I store my dirty dishes until I have time to clean them?

If you have extra dirty dishes and don't have time to clean them right away, we recommend using our large Pampered Chef shopping bags to store them. These bags are designed to hold dishes securely and prevent them from breaking or getting damaged.

4. What should I do with greasy dishes?

For greasy dishes, we suggest using a degreasing dish soap or adding a little baking soda to your warm water soak. You can also use a paper towel to wipe off any excess grease before washing your dishes as usual.

5. Do you have any tips for making dishwashing less cumbersome?

One tip is to invest in a good quality dish brush or scrubber to make the cleaning process easier and more efficient. You can also try using a dish drying mat to save space on your dish rack and make it easier to put away your clean dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Kelly8
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kelly8
  • Monty060609