• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are your favorite side dishes to pair with dinner?

In summary, the conversation is about sharing ideas for side dishes to go with main courses. Some of the favorite side dishes mentioned include sauteed summer squash and zucchini, Alyson's Broccoli Salad, Baked Asparagus with Balsamic Butter Sauce, Butternut Squash Casserole, Mimi's Zucchini Pie, Spinach Bars, salads, homemade soups, french onion soup, raspberry soup, broccoli cheese soup, tomato basil soup, heavenly potatoes, green beans cooked with bacon and onions, marinated grilled vegetables, garlic-roasted carrots, grilled Caesar salad, and grilled or roasted cubed potatoes with different seasonings and marinades.
chefmeg
Gold Member
I feel like I can always come up with a good main course for our dinners, but I lack in the side dished to go with it! Let's share ideas on the side dishes you all love!

broccoli, cauliflower, carrots & cheese sauce. YUM. :D

Right now, we're on a kick of sauteing summer squash & zucchini sprinkled with salt, pepper & garlic in olive oil. It's really good, too.

crystalscookingnow said:
Right now, we're on a kick of sauteing summer squash & zucchini sprinkled with salt, pepper & garlic in olive oil. It's really good, too.

How funny, me too!! I've had it just about every night this week! :)

salads of any kind
homemade soups that compliment the main dish I'm serving favorites at our house french onion, cool raspberry soup, broccoli cheese, tomato basil I love to smell the french onion simmer all day.
heavenly potatoes
green beans cooked in bacon and onions

I have been marinating fresh veggies with some evoo, put them in the grill basket on the grill~ yummy :)

Also, my mom mac and cheese recipe is sooo good:
Mac and Cheese ( just like mom's)

2 Tbsp butter or margarine
2 Tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp mustard spice
1 12/2 cups of milk
1 1/2 cups Cheddar, colby chesses, shredded
3 cups cooked macaroni
1/4 c seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 tsp paparika

Place butter in 1 quart batter bowl, microwave for 20-30 seconds or until melted. Stir in flour, salt, pepper and mustard spice. Add milk. Cook in microwave for 6-7 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese(s), stirring until meted. Stir sauce into cooked nacaroni in 1 1/2 quart casserole. Top with mixture of bread crumbs, extra shredded cheese and paprika. Spray casserole with Pam to avoid sticking. Heat in microwave for 3-4 minutes or until bubbling OR heat in oven for 20-25 minutes on 325. ( I prefer the oven method.)
I like the leftovers the best :)

I also love green bean casserole.

Broccoli Salad ( another favorite of mine)
INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
8 slices bacon
1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
1/2 cup red seedless grapes, halved
3 large green onions, chopped
2/3 cup creamy salad dressing
2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1/2 cup raisins
DIRECTIONS
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
In a large bowl combine the broccoli, grapes and onions.
Whisk the creamy salad dressing and vinegar together. Toss with broccoli mixture and chill. Just before serving toss with bacon, almonds and raisins.

garlic-roasted carrots1tbsp unsalted butter
1 lb carrots, peeled & cut into 1 inch pieces
2 cloves garlic, pressed
salt & freshly ground peppermelt butter over med heat. add carrots & garlic; cover & reduce heat to med-low.
cook, shaking pot occasionally, for 15 minutes, or until carrots are tender & both carrots & garlic are caramelized.
Season with s&p to taste.

Green and yellow beans in our garlic oil with S & P done in our grill basket on the BBQ. It's very good.

Grilled Caesar salad :) Yummo!

has anyone roasted/grilled cubed up potatoes in the grill basket with some type of seasoning/marinade? I want to do this tonight. I've typically cubed up potatoes and tossed them in the basil oil and rosemary seasoning and cooked them on the bar pan in the oven. I want to try something similar in the grill basket. I may just do the same thing, but has anyone tried something like this???

let us know how it turns out Becky!

merego said:
I have been marinating fresh veggies with some evoo, put them in the grill basket on the grill~ yummy :)

Also, my mom mac and cheese recipe is sooo good:
Mac and Cheese ( just like mom's)

2 Tbsp butter or margarine
2 Tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp mustard spice
1 12/2 cups of milk
1 1/2 cups Cheddar, colby chesses, shredded
3 cups cooked macaroni
1/4 c seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 tsp paparika

Place butter in 1 quart batter bowl, microwave for 20-30 seconds or until melted. Stir in flour, salt, pepper and mustard spice. Add milk. Cook in microwave for 6-7 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese(s), stirring until meted. Stir sauce into cooked nacaroni in 1 1/2 quart casserole. Top with mixture of bread crumbs, extra shredded cheese and paprika. Spray casserole with Pam to avoid sticking. Heat in microwave for 3-4 minutes or until bubbling OR heat in oven for 20-25 minutes on 325. ( I prefer the oven method.)
I like the leftovers the best :)

I also love green bean casserole.

Broccoli Salad ( another favorite of mine)
INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
8 slices bacon
1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
1/2 cup red seedless grapes, halved
3 large green onions, chopped
2/3 cup creamy salad dressing
2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1/2 cup raisins
DIRECTIONS
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
In a large bowl combine the broccoli, grapes and onions.
Whisk the creamy salad dressing and vinegar together. Toss with broccoli mixture and chill. Just before serving toss with bacon, almonds and raisins.

Oooo, that broccoli salad sounds kinda yummy! :)

I cute up baby red potatoes into little 1/2 inch cubes and roast them with onions, butter, EVOO, little bit of garlic, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese---yummy~!!

Kitchen Diva said:
Oooo, that broccoli salad sounds kinda yummy! :)

not kind of... is :) hee hee

I have a new addiction, photobucket... photos will be in every post!! look out
broccoli.png

Ok, so I did the potatoes in the grill basket tonight. I followed the start of a grilled potatoes recipe from the Food Network and boiled red potatoes for about 15 minutes to get them somewhat soft. Cubed them up and tossed them in the basil infused oil and rosemary seasoning. Wow, did that smell good. I'd say I grilled them in the grill basket for at least 15 minutes, probably more like 20. The smaller cubes were awesome, but some I just don't think I cubed up small enough. Those were a little crunchy and I hate that. So next time I'm going to be sure to cube them smaller. And maybe grill them a little longer. :)

DH's favorite side dish of mine is Parmesean Butter Noodles

Boil wide noodles (or any of your choice) while they are draining, melt some butter in the same pan, press in a clove of garlic, then toss with the noodles and add in LOTS of parmesean cheese grated with our Microplane! Even better with some fresh parsley tossed in at the end...

Here's 2 that my mom makes:

Slice FRESH tomatoes, lay them in a dish (9x13) or whatever. Slice real fresh mozzarella (the kind that's kind-of roundish, and sometimes you see it in water) Snip fresh basil and put over top. Then drizzle Balsamic Basil Salad dressing (she uses Newman's own I think)over it. Yummy!!! Serve it cold.

Dail Potatoes (my mom's maiden name)
slice red potatoes and onions using mandoline. Spread around in a baking dish. Salt and pepper and put pats of butter all over. Microwave or cook in the oven.

We have gotten addicted to this one.

Roasted Red Potatoes with Bacon & Cheese recipe at Kraftfoods.com

1/2 cup KRAFT Ranch Dressing 1/2 cup KRAFT Finely Shredded Italian* Five Cheese Blend 1/4 cup OSCAR MAYER Real Bacon Bits 2 lb. small red bliss potatoes, quartered (about 6 cups) 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Mix dressing, cheese and bacon bits in large bowl. Add potatoes; toss lightly.

SPOON into lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish; cover with foil.

BAKE 40 min. Remove foil; bake an additional 15 min. or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with parsley.
* Made with quality cheeses crafted in the USA. Kraft Kitchens TipsHealthy LivingSave 30 calories and 3.5 grams of fat per serving, by preparing as directed, using KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese and KRAFT Light Ranch Reduced Fat Dressing. Try our healthy living version of Roasted Red Potatoes with Bacon & Cheese. SubstituteSubstitute KRAFT Shredded Colby & Jack Cheese or KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese for the Parmesan, Romano, and Asiago Cheese.SubstituteSubstitute chopped fresh rosemary for the parsley.

Related to What are your favorite side dishes to pair with dinner?

What are some easy side dish ideas for a potluck?

Some easy side dish ideas for a potluck include pasta salad, fruit salad, deviled eggs, vegetable platter with dip, and baked beans.

Can I make a side dish in advance and reheat it for the potluck?

Yes, you can definitely make a side dish in advance and reheat it for the potluck. Just make sure to properly store it in the fridge and reheat it thoroughly before serving.

What are some vegetarian side dish options?

Some vegetarian side dish options include roasted vegetables, quinoa salad, stuffed mushrooms, cauliflower mash, and black bean and corn salsa.

How can I make my side dish stand out at the potluck?

You can make your side dish stand out at the potluck by adding unique ingredients or flavors, such as adding fresh herbs or using a variety of colorful vegetables. Presentation is also important, so consider using a decorative serving dish or garnish.

Do you have any gluten-free or dairy-free side dish suggestions?

Yes, you can make gluten-free and dairy-free side dishes by using ingredients like quinoa, rice, and gluten-free pasta. Some ideas include roasted sweet potato wedges, avocado and tomato salad, or a dairy-free coleslaw made with a vinaigrette dressing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
DebbieJ