• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Side Dish for the Southwest Meatloaf?

In summary, a classic garden salad with a tangy vinaigrette is a recommended side dish to serve with Southwest Meatloaf, but there are versatile options such as roasted vegetables, quinoa, and coleslaw. Adding diced jalapenos or cayenne pepper can add a spicy kick to the side dish, and it can be served either hot or cold. The salad or roasted vegetables can also be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator, but the salad should be dressed right before serving for optimal freshness.
esavvymom
Staff member
What do you pair with your Southwest meatloaf as a side dish? I'm actually making it for my family tonight, but if I was doing a show, I'd like to know what to suggest to go WITH it.

Spanish rice? Mashed potatoes?

I found a rice side dish in my cupboard...not exactly Spanish Rice, but I sprinkled some SW Seasoning on it. We'll see. :) I also had some refried beans....so basically mimicking what they do in mexican restaurants when you get beans/rice on the side.*shrug*. It is what it is! It's either that or cereal! ;)

We make whole black beans and I season them with the SW Seasoning and I do Spanish rice. Yummy!

I'm sure what you made was WAY better than cereal. ;)I'd love to get a good recipe to make a homemade Spanish rice.

1. What is a good side dish to serve with the Southwest Meatloaf?

A classic side dish that pairs well with the Southwest Meatloaf is a simple garden salad dressed with a tangy vinaigrette.

2. Can I make any substitutions for the recommended side dish?

Absolutely! The Southwest Meatloaf is versatile and can be paired with a variety of side dishes such as roasted vegetables, quinoa, or even a creamy coleslaw.

3. How can I add a spicy kick to my side dish?

If you want to add some heat to your side dish, try incorporating some diced jalapenos or a pinch of cayenne pepper into your salad or roasted vegetables.

4. Should I serve the side dish hot or cold?

The recommended garden salad can be served cold or at room temperature, but if you choose to serve a warm side dish, make sure it complements the flavors of the Southwest Meatloaf.

5. Can I make the side dish ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the salad or roasted vegetables ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Just make sure to dress the salad right before serving to keep it fresh and crisp.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
calisweetheart03
  • jj16
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • sailorsarah
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies