• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Adapt a Small Show for Fewer Guests?

In summary, when hosting a small show with only a few attendees, it is important to: encourage last minute guests, offer special promotions, involve guests in the cooking process, have a prize drawing, address specific questions, utilize one-on-one time, offer hands-on demonstrations, have a fun theme, promote the show on social media, and most importantly, have a fun and enjoyable evening. Remember to make the most out of the opportunity to connect with your guests and showcase your products.
cheflorraine
Gold Member
I just got a call from tonight's host... a couple people canceled on her, so there will only be 2 people plus myself and the host. Those that can't make it have orders to place, and she has out-of-town family that are hopefully ordering, so I'm not worried about getting enough sales to make it a show.
She asked if I wanted to cancel, but I know how hard she's worked at this, plus she bought all the ingredients already, so I said I'd come anyway and we'd just have a fun evening as a small group.
Would you do anything differently when there are so few people? I was planning a Tools & Tastings format... and now I suggested we make the Peanut Butter cookie recipe for the cookie press as an extra interactive activity.

Any other suggestions??

During a small show be sure to do a catalog walkthrough. Place stickies on the pages you want to highlight (cookware, stoneware, knives, simple additions, etc.) and just ask everyone to go through it with you and hit the highlights. I've found this is easier done with just a few people and very beneficial.

1. Encourage the guests to invite friends or family members to join last minute. This will help increase the number of attendees and potentially lead to more sales.2. Offer a special promotion or discount for those who attend the show. This can help entice people to come and make a purchase.3. Make the show more interactive by involving the guests in the cooking process. Have them help chop vegetables, mix ingredients, or assemble a dish. This will make the show more engaging and fun for everyone.4. Have a prize drawing for those who attend the show. This can be a small gift or product from your business. This will add an element of excitement and encourage people to attend.5. Ask the guests if they have any specific kitchen or cooking questions that you can address during the show. This will make the show more personalized and tailored to their interests.6. Take advantage of the smaller group size by having more one-on-one time with each guest. This will allow you to build stronger relationships and potentially lead to future bookings or sales.7. Offer a hands-on demonstration of a product, such as the cookie press, and allow the guests to try it out themselves. This will make the show more interactive and give them a chance to see the product in action.8. Have a fun theme for the show, such as a holiday or seasonal theme, and incorporate it into the food and decorations. This will make the show more festive and enjoyable for everyone.9. Take advantage of social media to promote the show and invite more people to attend. You can also use social media to share photos and videos from the show to showcase the fun and interactive atmosphere.10. Lastly, just relax and have fun! Even with a smaller group, the goal is to have a good time and showcase your products and business. Enjoy the evening and make the most out of the opportunity to connect with your guests.

What to Do at a Small Show...

1. How can I make the most of a small show?

At a small show, it is important to focus on building relationships with your guests. Take the time to get to know them and their needs, and offer personalized recommendations. Also, make sure to engage with everyone and make them feel valued and heard.

2. Should I still offer cooking demonstrations at a small show?

Yes, cooking demonstrations can be a great way to showcase the products and their benefits, even at a small show. However, you may want to adjust the recipes and portion sizes to fit the smaller crowd.

3. How can I encourage sales at a small show?

One effective way to encourage sales at a small show is to offer special promotions or discounts. You can also highlight the versatility and functionality of the products and how they can make everyday tasks easier for your guests.

4. Is it important to follow up with guests after a small show?

Absolutely! Following up with guests after a small show can help strengthen your relationship with them and potentially lead to future sales. Consider sending a personalized thank you email or reaching out for feedback and product recommendations.

5. Should I bring a full product line to a small show?

It is not necessary to bring your entire product line to a small show. Instead, focus on bringing a few key products that you can demonstrate and highlight. This will not only save space, but also allow you to give more attention to each product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• keynibear
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PamperedbyKaren
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • MaryannNic