• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Time Do You Start Sunday Shows?

In summary, the best time to start a Sunday party seems to be between 2 and 3:30, with some hosts starting at 4 but not any later than that. It also depends on the schedule of the host and their guests, with some starting at 3 or 4, and others even starting at 6:30. The most common time seems to be around 2 or 3, which allows for enough time after church to rest and eat before the show, but not too late that it interferes with Sunday night dinner. Some hosts even schedule their parties right after church, bringing in additional guests. The emphasis is on providing a sampling rather than a full meal, and often results in higher sales.
ChefJoyJ
For those of you who do parties on Sunday's - what time do you start them? Is 2 too early?

between 2 and 3:30 normally. Sometimes even 4 but not any later than that.

It depends. On the rare occasion that I do a Sunday show, I figure in time after church to eat and rest a bit before the show. I think those I've done have started about 3 or 4. I did one at 6:30, but that was an odd case.*

*Seriously, it was my aunt, and she did a full, sit-down dinner in the middle of my show. Weird.

raebates said:
*Seriously, it was my aunt, and she did a full, sit-down dinner in the middle of my show. Weird.

LOL!! Don't you just love family?? :p

The reason I ask is that I'm doing my grand opening show on Sunday, Jan. 6. I'd rather do it on Sat, but my hubby will be out of town (and then who would watch the baby?) :) You've got to love how I'm planning and prepping (what else am I going to do with this PC itch I can't scratch until Jan??) :D So, I'm doing it on a Sunday and was thinking about starting at 2. Emily goes down for her nap around 3 or 3:30 (her bedroom is on the main floor) and I was thinking that if we were "finishing" up around then, it might not get as "loud" as if I started right around her nap and had guests arriving then. Thoughts?

When I (rarely) do Sunday shows, I start at 2:00. It's late enough that people have gotten home from church (generally), early enough that they don't expect a full meal and can get home for dinner with their own families.

I do mostly Sunday shows now (Sat. is my "family" day, and weeknights are too hard now that I'm working FT again), and most of mine start around 1pm or 2pm. Around here, church is done by noon for most people (some even go as early as 7am - NOT ME!! LOL!), so it's a good time. It doesn't interfere with Sunday night dinner, but it doesn't conflict with church. A lot of my hosts schedule it RIGHT after church so all of their friends from church come right from the service to her house. Those are the best, b/c they bring "tag-a-long" people, too! HTH!

The Sunday shows I've done started at 1pm. Folks that attended the one Sunday show I did, didn't seem to have any troubles with that time.

I have one scheduled (my first Sunday show) for 2 pm....that gets everybody home in time to either attend Sunday evening services or have "family time".

I started doing Sunday shows last year. About 90% of my Sunday shows are $1000 ones. I usually start @ 2:30 or 3:00. I have really great luck with Sunday's.

I usually start around 3:00 or 4:00p but I don't do very many.

I usually bokk Sunday shows for 2pm. That way people have had time to get home from church and have a bite to eat. That way they are not starving and expecting a feast. Earlier than that they might be expecting a full lunch- later than that they might be expecting dinner. I really emphasize to my hostesses that we are providing a "sampling" rather than a meal.

I've done two Sunday shows in my PC lifetime & both of them bombed for attendance. But, they were both higher $$ shows from outside orders b/c the hosts felt guilty for not having anyone there. :D

chefann said:
When I (rarely) do Sunday shows, I start at 2:00. It's late enough that people have gotten home from church (generally), early enough that they don't expect a full meal and can get home for dinner with their own families.

I only do Sunday shows starting at 2. That gives me time to go to church, have a little lunch & get to the show. But I'm still home for dinner. Plus I do a lot of appetizer or dessert type shows at that time since a lot of people may have already eaten lunch. Faster shows for me usually!

ChefJoyJ said:
For those of you who do parties on Sunday's - what time do you start them? Is 2 too early?
I don't think that will be too early. I am doing a show this Sunday that is starting at 4:00

pamperedlinda said:
I started doing Sunday shows last year. About 90% of my Sunday shows are $1000 ones. I usually start @ 2:30 or 3:00. I have really great luck with Sunday's.

A lot of my Sunday shows become $1000 shows as well. I also tend to get a higher attendance rate than usual. Sunday at 2:00 is one of my 'preferred' show times. :)

In November I did 2 huge shows on Sundays and they both started
at 1:00pm.

legacypc46 said:
A lot of my Sunday shows become $1000 shows as well. I also tend to get a higher attendance rate than usual. Sunday at 2:00 is one of my 'preferred' show times. :)

I'm so glad to hear this! Sunday shows that tend to do well seems to be a recurring theme from the responses. :) Since my husband officiates HS wrestling, Fridays and Saturday shows will be a challenge for a bit b/c he won't be home to watch her. Still, I have back-up friends that can do it.

2 sounded good to me as well, but being new, I wanted to make sure. Including my grand opening, I have 3 Sunday shows in Jan, with one Sun still available.

For 8 years I did 2:00 Sunday shows. I loved them because I didn't have to worry about my husband getting home from work late. This Spring I had 4 Sunday cancellations in a row and decided to give them up.

Luckily, I had a hostees beg me to try a 4:00 show...it ended up being a $1,400 show with 5 bookings!! Sweet! So now if I do a Sunday show it is 3:30 or 4:00. I have done 2 more and they have been close to $1,000 each.

I do not do shows on Sun or Wed. I do not want to interferr with myself or anyone else being able to go to church.

Tomorrow I have my first Sunday show at 2pm. Everyone in our town goes to church usually until noon or 12:30, then they can grab a quick lunch and all head over to the PC show together for more food, fellowship and fun. Luckily with a 2pm show we're easily done in time to prepare for evening church services even if they start as early as 5:30. The bad thing about tomorrow is that we've had a good amount of snow and ice in the last day, so I wonder how this show will do if people are nervous about driving around. We've had 10 or more RSVP that they're coming and the host called all her friends today to tell them she was keeping a close eye on the weather and none of them seemed that worried, so we'll just see...

With all the snow today, my show tonight was very small--only 4 guests showed. :( But the host has a bunch of people she's hitting up for outside orders at church, around town, and even long distance. I wouldn't be surprised if she has an outstanding show total in the end. I should have learned by now that the number of people at a show rarely indicates the dollar amount on the show.

On Sundays, I can only do shows that start at 1 or earlier, because I pick my children up from their father's house at 6:30 - and that is 1/2 hour north of me. Inless the show is in his neck of the woods, in which case I can be more flexible with the time.

jrstephens said:
I do not do shows on Sun or Wed. I do not want to interferr with myself or anyone else being able to go to church.
That's why my Sunday shows start in the middle of the afternoon.

I signed up at a Sunday show at 4 and thought it was a good time, so I suggested that to my sis for her show ... Maybe 3 is OK. My church tends to go pretty late so 2 p.m. is really pushing it for me ... They need time to get home from church and I need time to get home and get things together as well.

I did a sunday brunch show today that started at 11:30. it was the best show I have ever had!!!!

$1,500 and counting...............

Heather!! Congrats!! I thought you just went to LI FOR brunch!! I am sorry I didnt realize that sooner!! THAT IS AWESOME!!!

YIPPEE!!!

Sorry I got side tracked, I have one this sunday at noon, so I will be arriving 11:30.

Good luck!

chefann said:

That is what I do, usually 2-2:30. You want to give people time to get out of church, but not too late for them to go back to church that night. JMO.

My show this past Sunday started at 4:00p. $1080 in sales!!! I can't do too much earlier because I go to church & live in the middle of nowhere. It took me about 45 min. to get to her house. I have to plan for my driving time.

Related to What Time Do You Start Sunday Shows?

What Time Do You Start Sunday Shows?

Sunday shows typically start at 2pm.

Do I Need to RSVP for the Sunday Show?

Yes, it is recommended to RSVP for the Sunday show so we can ensure we have enough materials and space for all attendees.

Can I Bring a Friend to the Sunday Show?

Yes, you are welcome to bring a friend to the Sunday show. Just make sure to let us know in your RSVP so we can plan accordingly.

How Long Does the Sunday Show Last?

The Sunday show usually lasts about 1-2 hours, depending on the number of attendees and the demos being presented.

What Should I Bring to the Sunday Show?

You do not need to bring anything to the Sunday show. All materials and ingredients will be provided for you to participate in the demos and try out the products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda Rutko
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • beepampered
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • cindykl2009