• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help Starting a Show on Time...

In summary, a new consultant has trouble getting their cooking shows to start on time. Their shows always start about 30 minutes late because their host is wanting to wait for such and such to arrive. If they only have one show scheduled for that day, they don't worry too much about it but in February they have several days where they have two shows booked. They need to make sure their first show of the day starts on time so that they will have enough time to get to their second show. They know that they may have overbooked themselves but they have so many people that want to take advantage of the February host special and they agreed to this commitment. Their problem is that when their host is expecting 10 guests and only 1 or 2 are
cindykl2009
I am a relatively new consultant and have been having trouble getting my cooking shows to start on time. My shows always tend to start about 30 minutes late because my host is wanting to wait for such and such to arrive. If I only have one show scheduled for that day, I don't worry too much about it but in February I have several days where I have two shows booked. I need to make sure my first show of the day starts on time so that I will have enough time to get to my second show. I know that I may have overbooked myself but I have so many people that want to take advantage of the February host special and I agreed to this commitment. I have the part down where I can just say, "I know that we are waiting on a couple of people but I would like to get started and they can join in" but what do you do when your host is expecting 10 guests and only 1 or 2 are there on time?

Thanks for your advise on this...:)

Cindy

Offer a small prize or a ticket for arriving on time.. because your show will start promptly at.. 2.. Just be firm that you don't start your shows late.. that it is not fair to the ones there on time... let them know well in advance as part of host coaching. You can always catch up at checkout if needed. As far as only a few showing up.. You will still be on time. Have the host call the day before to remind the guests to be here - and that we will start at 2 sharp with a prize for being on time!! That usually helps.

The first thing that comes to mind is Host Coaching...when speaking to your host about the show, be honest and let her know you have another show/appointment/commitment later in the day, and you're counting on being on time starting her show. When she does her reminder calls, she can confirm the start time of the show. I'm having the same issues with show start time, and like you, I don't normally worry about it. I do have some shows tho that are 60 miles away and every minute is precious to me when traveling...I don't want my "job" to take all day so starting at the set time is getting crucial for me.

I start no later than 15 minutes from the start time. I just tell the host that the others can join in when they get there.

If they're having fun visiting why not wait a little bit? 15-20 minutes? This isn't all about the products. They may not have seen each other in a while and are getting caught up. They may not appreciate you "breaking up" their fun. Having said that, I watch carefully to see if the first people that arrived are quiet, if they are I'll ask the host if we can get started.

I use to have this problem, and one day I had a light bulb moment. Now I say to the host, when I am doing my host coaching, I plan to start on time, I don't want to punish the people who did show up! I have carried this line of thinking on over to closing the show as well. I say to the Host, I want to close this show w/in 4 days, I don't want to punish the people who took the time to come to the show, and make them wait.

Thanks everyone for your great ideas!

I agree with everything said above. Also, you have not overbooked yourself. I too, have two shows on Saturdays. I make it a point of my host coaching to let my host know this. Also, I send guests invites, which have a list of items worth auction dollars: Being on time, bringing an outside order or guest, etc. Now they have seen that I'm starting on time, host tells them in her reminder calls. I'm a teacher. I have to start my day on time, so I expect to do the same for my host of a cooking show. You can do it~!

1. How can I ensure that my Pampered Chef show starts on time?

To start your show on time, make sure to send out invitations with the exact start time and encourage guests to arrive a few minutes early. Set up your demonstration area ahead of time and have all ingredients and supplies ready. Consider setting up a reminder alarm to keep you on schedule.

2. What should I do if guests arrive late to my show?

If some guests arrive late, you can politely greet them and let them know that you have already started the demonstration. Offer them a seat and catch them up on what they have missed. You can also suggest that they browse the products on display until the demonstration is over and then answer any questions they may have.

3. How should I handle unexpected delays during my show?

In case of any unexpected delays, such as technical difficulties or a guest arriving late, remain calm and try to keep the show moving as smoothly as possible. You can use this time to chat with the guests, answer any questions, or give them a chance to browse the products on display.

4. What can I do to keep my show on track and end on time?

To keep your show on track, make a schedule beforehand and stick to it. Set a time limit for each segment of the demonstration and try not to deviate from it. Be mindful of the time and avoid getting sidetracked with unnecessary conversations or demonstrations.

5. Can I offer an incentive for guests to arrive on time?

Yes, you can offer an incentive for guests to arrive on time, such as a special gift or a discount on their purchase. This will encourage them to arrive early and help you start the show on time. You can also mention this incentive in your invitations to further encourage promptness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies