• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Spices Can You Not Live Without?

In summary, the test kitchen staff recommends stocking up on the Southwest and Italian seasonings due to their popularity. The rosemary and herb seasoning are also highly recommended, as they can be used in many different dishes.
dancedivine
I am getting ready to submit my first supply order, and I was thrilled to find out that I can order all of the spices for 40% off! So, I am probably just going to order one of each, but there are some that I am thinking about stocking up on 'cuz I think I might be doing a lot of cooking with them (Jamaican jerk rub, the two new sauces, etc).....

So, I was just wondering which seasonings you guys can't live without?

Rosemary herb is my fave!

I use a lot of Southwestwern Seasoning and Chipotle Rub when I make fajitas
Love the Greek Rub
Get the sweet sprinkles too.

Jamaican Jerk Rub, Rosemary & Herb are my favorites :)

I'm a fan of the Citrus & Basil...sprinkle on boneless skinless chicken breasts and then drizzle with honey and bake for 30-35 minutes on 350.

I also love the Sweet Sprinkles (the caramel one on top of ice cream is awesome).

Chipotle and Garlic/Peppercorn are my 2 faves!!!

Hmmm, which ones aren't my favorites would be easier!

Of the Sweet Sprinkles - my favorite is the Caramel, hands down.

I use at home all of the time:

Rosemary Herb (what did I do with roasted veggies before I had it?)
Southwestern Seasoning
Italian Seasoning

and since falling in love w/ the Chicken and Noodle Stirfry, and Steamed Wontons, also the Asian Seasoning.

Of the Rubs, my favorites are:

Chipotle
Sweet & Smoky BBQ
Greek
Citrus and Basil

(not so big on the Jamaican or the Moroccan, and there's that one older one for meats...can't even remember what it is - but I never cared for it.)

Oh - and the New Dipping Oil Seasonings are addictive! I've been using them on EVERYTHING!

Also both of the Sauces - LOVE them!

Does anyone know the shelf life on the seasonings? If I stock up, will the unopened bottles last me a couple of years?

Personally, we love the BBQ rub, SW and the Asian Seasoning.

I bake a lot of recipes with Cinnamon and Italian Seasoning (no, not together in one recipe :)) - so I can't imagine not having these in my pantry.

BUT, I love having the Dill on hand. The Dill makes a quick dip in a pinch.

For shows, many of the recipes I demo use Italian, SW, or Sprinkles.

When I started, I did buy one each of every seasoning/rub on supply, just so I would know what they were. Also, if I have them in my kitchen, I will use them, therefore, I am able to honestly tell people what I use them for and how they are.

Oh, yes - I completely forgot the Cinnamon, Cinnamon Plus, and the Vanilla!

Staples in my kitchen.

As far as shelf life, I'm not sure, because they just don't last that long at my house. :p That might be a good question for the test kitchen. I'm sure though that they last much longer unopened.

Southwestern and Italian are ALWAYS on my supply orders. I also order a lot of the vanilla, and quite a bit of the basil oil. I can tell from one time using it in stir-fry that I'll be ordering the ginger wasabi sauce all the time! Like Becky said, really, it's which ones aren't my faves. For me, though as usual I am a minority here, that would be the rosemary herb.

my favorite is the smoky BBQ rub with the southwest seasoning as a close 2nd!!!

I have already gone through 3 jars each of Citrus and Basil, and Greek rubs
The Cinnamon Sprinkles have a very strong flavor. Try making "Aztec" brownies by sprinkling on top of brownie batter and of course the cinnamon rolls using crescent roll dough
I am trying to like the Chipoltle and Moroccan but there's something a little off to me about each (probably me that's off)

Enjoy!

susanr613 said:
I have already gone through 3 jars each of Citrus and Basil, and Greek rubs
The Cinnamon Sprinkles have a very strong flavor. Try making "Aztec" brownies by sprinkling on top of brownie batter and of course the cinnamon rolls using crescent roll dough
I am trying to like the Chipoltle and Moroccan but there's something a little off to me about each (probably me that's off)

Enjoy!

That's how I feel about the Moroccan too - and the Jamaican is just way off. The smell of that stuff makes me gag!:yuck:

dancedivine said:
Does anyone know the shelf life on the seasonings? If I stock up, will the unopened bottles last me a couple of years?

I think an OPENED bottle's shelf-life is a year, isn't it? For UNOPENED, I would think it would last quite a while because it is sealed.

Our favorites are:
All-Purpose Dill for veggie dip
Rosemary and Herb for chicken, veggies, or turkey
Jamaican Jerk Rub for chicken (especially Jerk Chicken Nachos), and shrimp
Sweet and Smokey BarBQ for hamburgers
Italian for spaghetti sauce, garlic bites, etc.

I love the Garlic & Peppercorn during the summer for steaks and potatoes on the grill.I use Italian Seasoning on frozen pizzas among other things. (Frozen pizza is my staple show night dinner for DH and DS).LOVE the cinnamon plus spice blend and the garlic oil.The only ones I don't use that often are the Greek, Jamaican, and Moroccan rubs.

I like most of them, so let me tell you what I don't like.....

Greek and Moroccan.

Love Jamaican Jerk, BBQ, Italian, and Southwestern. Caramel Sprinkles are a favorite. Don't dislike any of them, but Morrocan is just okay.

The Jamaican Jerk is the only one I need to order all the time - we LOVE that in my house! :) I have all of the spices, rubs, cinnamons, vanilla, oils, etc. and love them all equally, but the Jamaican Jerk is our fave.

cathyskitchen said:
The Jamaican Jerk is the only one I need to order all the time - we LOVE that in my house! :) I have all of the spices, rubs, cinnamons, vanilla, oils, etc. and love them all equally, but the Jamaican Jerk is our fave.

That is pretty much what I was going to say! I ran out once and had to borrow some from my mom because we were having withdrawals and couldn't wait for our new one to arrive! Love the Jamaican Jerk!!!

1. What are the top spices you recommend for cooking?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have tried a variety of spices and have found that the top 5 spices I recommend for cooking are garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, paprika, and Italian seasoning. These spices add depth and flavor to a variety of dishes and can be used in a variety of cuisines.

2. Are there any spices that are versatile and can be used in multiple dishes?

Yes, there are several spices that are versatile and can be used in multiple dishes. Some of my favorites include black pepper, chili powder, and oregano. These spices can be used in everything from soups and stews to marinades and rubs.

3. What is your go-to spice for adding heat to a dish?

My go-to spice for adding heat to a dish is cayenne pepper. It has a strong, spicy flavor and can add a kick to any dish. Just be sure to use it sparingly as a little goes a long way!

4. Are there any spices that can help boost the flavor of vegetables?

Absolutely! One of my favorite spices for adding flavor to vegetables is smoked paprika. It adds a smoky, slightly sweet flavor that pairs well with a variety of veggies. Other great options include garlic powder, onion powder, and dried herbs like thyme and rosemary.

5. What is your favorite spice for making homemade seasoning blends?

My favorite spice for making homemade seasoning blends is definitely chili powder. It adds a nice balance of heat and flavor and can be used in a variety of blends, such as taco seasoning or BBQ rub. I also love using a combination of garlic powder, onion powder, and dried herbs like oregano and thyme for a versatile all-purpose seasoning blend.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • ChefPeg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
MarciMac
  • shelly.nurse