• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What should I include in my guest packets as a new consultant?

In summary, Misty's advice is to include a folder with host and guest specials, a catalog, a door prize slip, an order form, and a red pen.
PChefMisty
Silver Member
Ok, I am new and trying to put together guest packets...what do you recommend I include? I know that I have seen something about this on here, but I can't for the life of me find anything! Thanks alot!

Misty

For guest packets, I use a folder, I include, guest and host specials, OOF (outside order form), catalog, info on wedding registries, Apron comes in all sizes flyer (for recruiting) or Come Join Us flyer, my business card.

HTH

I used to do the folders with the brackets and various flyers inside but am now switching over to binders cut in half as lap boards. There is the space on the backside to insert a flyer and then I will include just the catalog, order form, your life your way brochure and a recipeI'm thinking that I will also have a bookings binder that I'll pass around that has the specials information, recruiting info, fundraisers, etc. Still working that part out..

jcsmilez said:
I used to do the folders with the brackets and various flyers inside but am now switching over to binders cut in half as lap boards. There is the space on the backside to insert a flyer and then I will include just the catalog, order form, your life your way brochure and a recipe

I'm thinking that I will also have a bookings binder that I'll pass around that has the specials information, recruiting info, fundraisers, etc. Still working that part out..
I'm putting different flyers in the backside of the lapboard. I'll have the current guest special in one, the current host special in another, next months..... I'll have them flip over to the flyer side and ask "Who has the info for this months guest special?" I'll ask them to read what the special is. This way everyone can be involved. I'll have some with recruiting info in it, some with a recipe.

I use to have guest folders but they were more trouble than ever. I don't know if anyone ever took the time to go through it and some things they left with it and I never saw it again - even though the host said that she would get back for me.

I just give out a catalog, door prize slip, order form and red pen.

At the beginning of the show I tell/show them the specials and then I pass around my why folder and the current and upcoming specials are in there plus a lot more flyer/info

I do now hand out Host Booklets and get that back each and every time. This has been a lifesaver for me. I print everything once and only change old host/guest specials and had the new specials. I get the flyers back that are for the next two months so I don't have to print them again. This booklet looks nice, everything stays together, not like when I put it in an envelope and pages get ripped, taken, things go missing, etc. Everything has its place and I get it back to reuse almost everything.

I love the look of my host booklets and they like the booklets to

~

I am headed in that direction too Theresa...thanks for the heads up

Theresa,Can you explain your host booklets a little more?
Do you use the folders with brackets for your host folders? Does it cost much more to mail them out? Do you find that people wish that they could keep some of the information?My hosts like that they have a folder to keep but I like your idea - I'm wondering how I can combine the two...

I will work on taking some pictures of it tonight and will post tomorrow (late) morning

I will also post the form I use so that I can remember what goes in each book

If the host wants something, I tell them to take out and make a copy of it and if they can't make a copy of it then they can have it.

So far it has been great

When I first showed it to my boss (director that is - she hates it that I call her my boss) she said that would take a long time to do but after I showed her she said that she was going to make some up herself.

Thanks for asking

~

Wow, Teresa, that does sound like a system that could work really well. I would love to see pictures. :) Thanks!

I give a catalog and an order form to everyone. That's it.

I am so sorry I forgot

My son called me very early this morning - he was schedule for knee surgery at 3:30pm today and was very nervous. I spent the whole day with him - got home at 7:30pm and just turned on the pc

I will have it posted tomorrow before noon

Sorry again

~

No problem! I understand how life can be. I hope he is recovering from the surgery well.

I am hoping this will work this time

I have cut down all the pictures and the files to fit in a zip file

Cross your fingers

If you have questions about the booklet please let me know

One more thing - my director asked me how I keep the catalog shows separated from the cooking shows - I have both flyers in the folder, it is just behind the other one. So if you notice this book is for a catalog show but when I get it back and I need for it to be a cooking show, I will pull out the cooking show flyer and put it in front of the catalog show flyer.

I also put in the cooking show invitation list - I make 4 copies to go in the show planner

~

Attachments

• Host Packet Book 001.doc
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,181
  • Host Booklet.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 698
  • Invitation List.doc
    114 KB · Views: 583
and by the way, my son is doing fine

he says his knee looks terrible but feels fine

~

Teresa,Wow! That is an amazing host packet! You included some things in there that I hadn't even thought about. :)Hehe, same folders as my current guest folders - what a way to recycle. :DAfter I figure everything out - may I email you with a request for a couple of your flyers?Thanks!

I did have the paper folders but they ripped alot so now I use the nice plastic ones that cost about .88 each but really worth

And oh course you may ask for any flyers, most I got off of here anyway.

I just love this site.

~

whiteyteresa said:
and by the way, my son is doing fine

he says his knee looks terrible but feels fine

~

Glad everything went well and he is doing fine!

I did forgot to tell you that where you see the Receipts and Money page - I put that there so that the host will have 1 place to place everything. I also put in there 5 business cards, this way if she needs them she will have them

~

Last edited:
Here are the files for the booklet - I thought that I posted it before but remembered it was to large at first so I worked on it and now I think they are okay

Any questions please e-mail me at [email protected] and I will help you out

Thanks for asking

:chef:

Attachments

• Host Booklet Files.zip
    411.3 KB · Views: 670
thank you Teresa! Lots of good info wrapped up in one neat package!

Wow - that is a lot of info and a great packet. Do you ever think your hosts get overwhelmed with all the info? I'm a newbie and I read a post the other day about not putting too much in that would overwhelm.

As I stated before - my host would loose papers, the envelope would rip, flyers wouldn't come back. My host never really ask questions

But now, they will write questions on the paper in front, they show the book around alot, they just grap the book and go, I get the book back because they know how nice it is, I don't have to keep making flyers, I will even use the money envelope,

I believe this book has made my host coaching much much better.

Teresa - I LOVE your host booklet and am thinking I may have to start using this system!
What do you do when a host cancels? How do you get it all back?

TERESA- THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I went on Friday and made copies of your inserts! I put them together Friday night while DH and I watched Transformers! I LOVE my host books. I keep looking them over and over! haha. I think they are beautiful and professional. The only disappointing thing is that I didn't get any def bookings at my show yesterday :( So I didn't get to hand any out! :(

I haven't had a chance to look at Teresa's stuff, will have to when I get to my home computer. As for guest folders, I don't do anything special because it takes too much time and if you have a possible recruit lead in the audience, they may think that it takes too much effort to be a consultant. I bought clear report binders from Dollar Tree (6 for $1), they have a clear plastic sheet folded in half with a slide on plastic binder. I put these on my catalogs to help keep the catalogs nice and then put a receipt in each one. That's all. As for the guest specials, host specials and recruiting stuff, I make sure I talk about it at all my shows. That's my job to do.

dannyzmom said:
Teresa - I LOVE your host booklet and am thinking I may have to start using this system!
What do you do when a host cancels? How do you get it all back?

I haven't had a problem yet - knock on wood (I looked for a smiley for that but couldn't find one) They know how nice it is - they always make sure I get it back.

PCMelissa said:
TERESA- THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I went on Friday and made copies of your inserts! I put them together Friday night while DH and I watched Transformers! I LOVE my host books. I keep looking them over and over! haha. I think they are beautiful and professional. The only disappointing thing is that I didn't get any def bookings at my show yesterday So I didn't get to hand any out!

happy0038.gif
You are very welcome - now you will have them ready when you do need them - did it take very long to put together, was it complicated for you, money compare to your other host packets, etc. Give me your opinion about putting them together because that is what everyone ask me about - the time and money put into it.

A huge thanks for posting!! I'm putting together my first host books this weekend.

How many host packets do you have made??? I'm going to put together some but wanted to get a general idea of how many to make....Thanks for all your wonderful work. It's GREAT!!!

I like the different flyers on the back of the lapboard idea. The more the guests are involved the better.

I have - well I mean I had - 12 HOST packets

I just lost 1 - Well a host that I closed on two months ago still haven't given hers back yet.

But I am crossing my fingers - I am going to stop by to see her at the end of this month (going to see family close to her) - she lives about 1 hour and 45 minutes away - so I will see.

I love mine and they all still look great

Thanks so much for your quick response and THANKS SOOO MUCH for all of you hard work and for sharing it.... :)

Thanks so much for sharing. The information is great. I still have a concern about investing that much money to make and then not getting them back. I usually close my shows by phone and have the host mail me any remaining $'s owed. How do you handle getting catalog packets back? Host packets? Has anyone else done this and had experience with not getting packets back?

Thanks

Kathy

So I realize this thread is 2 years old, but when I saw the popcorn idea pop up last night it motivated me to re-watch the Your Life, Your Way DVD. I've been recruiting lately and I should be up to date on what's on the DVD, right? I didn't realize until last night that the girl directly above me is interviewed on the DVD.
laughing-smiley-008.gif
I didn't know if I should laugh or be embarrassed for not knowing that sooner.
confused-smiley-013.gif
(She did not recruit me, my Director quit & I got moved up to her ... but I still had never realized that she was on the DVD cover ... much less that she has a whole section in the DVD.)

chefruthie said:
I'm putting different flyers in the backside of the lapboard. I'll have the current guest special in one, the current host special in another, next months..... I'll have them flip over to the flyer side and ask "Who has the info for this months guest special?" I'll ask them to read what the special is. This way everyone can be involved. I'll have some with recruiting info in it, some with a recipe.

awesome idea :) I think I will do this too - I already use notebooks I cut up, and I usually just put the current guest special - this is so much better.
thanks for sharing.

I made lap boards out of old window binders. I buy them at Goodwill or Big Lots - about $1 ea & it makes two boards. I include the guest special in the back sleeve, and in the front pocket, I put a catalog, an order form, pen and a drawing slip. I also have a binder that floats around with specials, flyers, a copy of the catalog and booking benefits for the next 2 months. I don't hand these out until AFTER the demo or no one pays attention!

Thank you Teresa for your wonderful idea! I am all about saving money and having as much info as possible for my hosts. Thanks again!
Christie

I've gone from folders with pockets to red file folders with my info on the tab to a catalog and order form. I hand out PDS, a copy of the recipe and any other little extra stuff I might have for them. That's it -- oh, and a red pen. I found that the money I was spending on folders and extra printing wasn't worth it and it doesn't seem to have made any difference. I have opportunity, hosting, etc. stuff available at checkout.

Teresa, your host booklet is super-cool!
Sandi

What should I include in my guest packets as a new consultant?

As a new consultant for Pampered Chef, it is important to have well-prepared guest packets to make a good impression on potential customers. Here are the top 5 things that should be included in your guest packets:

1. Product Catalog: Make sure to include a current product catalog in your guest packets so that customers can easily browse through all the products available.
  2. Host Incentives: Include information about hosting a Pampered Chef party and the benefits the host can receive, such as free products and discounts.
  3. Business Cards: Include a few of your business cards in the guest packets so that customers can easily contact you for orders or to book a party.
  4. Order Forms: Make it easy for customers to place orders by including order forms in your guest packets. This will also help you keep track of orders and payments.
  5. Contact Information: Be sure to include your contact information, such as your phone number, email, and social media pages, so that customers can easily reach you with any questions or concerns.

Ok, I am new and trying to put together guest packets...what do you recommend I include?

Welcome to Pampered Chef! As a new consultant, it can be overwhelming to put together guest packets. Here are the essential items that you should include:

1. Product Catalog: This is the most important item to include in your guest packets. It allows customers to see all the products available and make informed purchasing decisions.
  2. Host Incentives: Including information about hosting a party and the benefits for the host will encourage customers to book a party with you.
  3. Order Forms: Make it easy for customers to place orders by including order forms in your guest packets.
  4. Business Cards: Be sure to include a few of your business cards so that customers can easily contact you for orders or to book a party.
  5. Contact Information: Make sure to include your contact information so that customers can easily reach you with any questions or concerns.

I know that I have seen something about this on here, but I can't for the life of me find anything! Thanks alot!

Don't worry, Misty. Here's a quick summary of what should be included in your guest packets as a new Pampered Chef consultant:

1. Product Catalog
  2. Host Incentives
  3. Order Forms
  4. Business Cards
  5. Contact Information

By including these items, you will have well-prepared guest packets that will impress potential customers and help you grow your business. Good luck!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becca_in_MD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • California Girl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • sarahsellcm