• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Products Do You Always Bring W/You?

In summary, Susan brings a variety of items to her shows, including a cookie press, chopper, garlic press, and batter bowl. She also always brings a tool turnabout, some cookbooks, and fan out her cookware on the table.
its_me_susan
I am a new consultant, so I want to bring EVERYTHING. :) But I know you seasoned consultants have streamlined what you bring to shows.... would you mind sharing? I just got my second month Super Starter stuff (the V-slicer, and microplane, citrus press... I have a few wovens)... I have the cookie press & plan to demonstrate that... the chopper & garlic press are definates.

What do you always bring? How many cookbooks?

I have a show on Sunday - Going to make the demo biscuits before they arrive.... then demo the Taffy Apple Pizza... I want to teach them how to use the cookie press too - - is that too much?

I have a couple of holiday boutique events - do you bring more to those? Do you have anything "ready to go"?

Thank you!
Susan

Last edited:
I try to bringa little of everything , with the holidays do not forget to bring some simple additions !! People love simple additions !!I :) always bring the favorites batter bowl , quick stir pitcher and I always bring a piece of cookware! I would love to sell more cookware ! :)

D_Patel said:
a little of everything , with the holidays do not forget to bring some simple additions !! People love simple additions !!I :) always bring the favorites batter bowl , quick stir pitcher and I always bring a piece of cookware! I would love to sell more cookware ! :)

Have you tried the ice demonstration (put an ice cube in a SA piece and a piece of cookware.... the ice melts 3x as fast in the pan b/c it works so hard to keep the temperature even. The biscuit demo is soooo good too.

I have all the cookbooks and I always bring those and fan them out on the table. People always end up looking through the cookbooks. I always bring a stone (I'm almost always using one for a recipe anyways), Simple Additions Entertaining Set and a piece of cookware. Lately I've been bringing the small saucepan because it's easy to pass around when I do the ice cube demo. Not only does it show how it melts the ice cube well, it also shows how well it distributes heat (well, cold in this instance) because you can feel that it's cool even all the way at the top of the sides. I always bring my tool turn about with gadgets, but weed out some I won't be using and aren't that popular. Always the chopper, cutting boards, batter bowl and I've started bringing the seasonings in the medium stainless mixing bowl to pass around so it shows all the seasonings, but also the bowl.

I've REALLY cut down on what I bring to shows though. Almost all those things above I use in the demo. Maybe the cookware is the only thing that I don't use that often. Although now I have been with that Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie. I've made that a ton at shows.

Of course, I alway bring what is used in the demo, and the tool turnabout with all my gadget - minus most of the nylon utensils - one piece of cookware, one to two stones - usually the large round to show how dark they will get and a less used piece to show how they start out - I alway bring the quik stir pitcher - in the summer I made homemade lemonade at every show - the small SA bowls and caddy and the entertaining set in either the rack or WS. I almost alway substitute the stainless steel bowls for the batter bowl as I would much rather sell the $70 item than the $13!

If I know a host or her guests are interested in specific items - stoneware, cookware or SA - then I will bring more of that item. I always bring all of my cookbooks.

Thanks ladies - that is very helpful to me!

I don't always bring the same things. It kind of depends on the crowd. I had a group over the weekend that was going to be the "same old group". One of the girls that came has been to 6 of my shows in 6 months. Instead of boring everyone with the same old things (cutting boards, knives, stones etc....) I went ahead and prechopped and mixed everything and just showed them how to throw it togther. Then I spent the rest of the time showing other things. The host still ended up with a $400 show!!! I sold 3 EAD, 2 cookie presses, cookbooks, nylon utensils, a rice cooker and much more!!

demo biscuits ??What are demo biscuits???

I forgotI ALWAYS demo the APCS with a granny smith apple peeled, cored and sliced into rings and then placed on a SA small square and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar from the flour/sugar shaker. (My son loves doing this!).

I also bring this item to fairs/festivals and set up an area where kids (& kids at heart!) can try it out!

I have actually started bringing *more* to my shows. I use the host's coffee table or something to create a display of products...the new linens displayed with Simple Additions, roaster, stones, cookbooks, etc. I bring some fall centerpiece type items--gourds, dried Indian corn, etc., to make it look really special. Obviously, I focus mostly on displaying new products and higher end products. Sales have definitely gone up since I've started doing this.

jenniferlynne said:
I don't always bring the same things. It kind of depends on the crowd. I had a group over the weekend that was going to be the "same old group". One of the girls that came has been to 6 of my shows in 6 months. Instead of boring everyone with the same old things (cutting boards, knives, stones etc....) I went ahead and prechopped and mixed everything and just showed them how to throw it togther. Then I spent the rest of the time showing other things. The host still ended up with a $400 show!!! I sold 3 EAD, 2 cookie presses, cookbooks, nylon utensils, a rice cooker and much more!!

Wow that is awesome! Good thinking.

Sk8Mom209 said:
I ALWAYS demo the APCS with a granny smith apple peeled, cored and sliced into rings and then placed on a SA small square and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar from the flour/sugar shaker. (My son loves doing this!).

I also bring this item to fairs/festivals and set up an area where kids (& kids at heart!) can try it out!

Shari, What's the best way to aim/place the APSC so the peels and juices don't get all over. I just got mine and have it on the stand. LOVE it!

Attachments

• Savory Biscuit Appetizer.doc
    30 KB · Views: 476
Last edited:
bumping this up....

This is a great thread. I also was wondering what I'll need to bring and what to buy for when I sign next week.

I must still be considered a newbie, as I bring whatever I can fit into my crate, TTA, Stoneware, cookware, NewFall Stuff, all cookbooks.... so lots of stuff! I find I just go over ALL the gadgets that I did not use in the demo while the recipe is cooking and still have time for a game. So whatever works for you is best!

Careful, SilverC:

One of the most destructive things a new business owner can do, it outlay too much capital and have it cost them - personally, professionally. You do have access to all 300+ items - in the catalog. Bring IT to every show, know 3-4 of the catalog descriptions by heart...PC spends big $ to have folks write verbiage that is "just so". Put that money to work for yoU!

1) Bring cookware - If not cooking your recipe (maybe you should--top sales folks spend 15-20 mins on cookware and another 15-20 mins on stoneware at their shows!) either the ICE demo, or the burn a bit of rice / cheese / caramel in the pan, let it cool, and show how easy it is to get out.

2) Bring stoneware - I am blessed to have our 12yo large round stone - which is this beautiful dark golden brown--to show how it ages & becomes nonstick over time.

3) Bring your sense of humor - don't take yourself seriously, have FUN! The #1 reason people book, is because they had fun at your show. Sure, offer tidbits about storing foods / health benefits of foods / simply showy techniques, but HAVE FUN!

4) If you haven't read Doris' book(s) yet, get them - especially the latest, TPC-The Story of One Of America's Most Beloved Companies...and study the chapter on SOFT SELL. My sales have gone UP since I tell people at the beginning of every demo I do: Please Put Your Checkbook Away. I am not here to sell you on PC products! Instead, I want to share how they work. I am here to show them to you, to share how they can benefit your family and make your life easier in the kitchen. Later, if you see something you want, and you are interested in purchasing some of them, of course I can help you with that - but for now, sit back - relax - and Enjoy the experience.

I also want you to consider the possibility in the back of your head, that maybe you could do what I do. The PC apron fits folks from a few hours a month, to a few days a week - folks from eighteen to umpteen - you decide!

Now, on to our recipe:

5) Focus first, on making your 1250 each month. Did you know that a Director in good standing, who makes their 1250 personally each month, gets NEW PRODUCTS for FREE ? !! Making your sales to 1250 is MUCH better than buying whichever items to show them off.

6) Lastly, bring your starter kit to each show, in addition to whatever you need to demo for a given recipe. [Remember - the recipe is to showcase the tools, not the other way around! As my Sr.Exec told me early on..."you are not the caterer, you are there to show PC tools"] At some point, drop the line that ...this was in my starter kit. It was incredible, I received over $350 in products for just $90/70/50. Gives you an easy way to tell your story.

Good luck!

great post Scott!!!!!! :)

Wow Scott thanks so much for the information. I was wondering what I should buy...I know the "Try Me" pan doesn't come in the new consultant package-should I buy that or nothing at all. I appreciate everything you have told me!

Oh, and I just bought Doris' new book. I can't wait to get it!

If you aim for 1250, you'll get the TryMe plus a lot of great stoneware, and new products. Set the goals on BUSINESS, not on stuff... The "stuff" will come, and your business will really benefit.

Thanks Scott! I think I'll take your advice and use what I get and try to earn free products. My goal is to make this a career and not a hobby so I'm going to try my hardest to get those bookings. Thanks for your wisdom!

Wow! What a great question! I like to bring a lot of the the little things that fit in the tool turn about and a bit of everything else! I think our products sell best if touched, held and looked at instead of just seeing in the catalog. We have great pictures and fantastic descriptions but wouldn't you agree by touching them the experience comes alive and tool takes on personality and the reason it was made for you to have in your kitchen? Remember, our products our versatile. Just because it says batter bowl does not mean we cannot cook it on or measure in it or eat out of it or even store in it.

If you want a big show average...carry the products with you and the extra work will pay off in to your pocket!

No, I wouldn't. When you are just getting started, one of the worst things you can do is haul the whole store with you.* But - it's probably a mistake every one of us needs to make, and decide for themselves.

Back to my catalog point, it says on p.32, "BATTER BOWLS - These versatile siblings are a must for your kitchen. Mix, store, reheat and even bake in the heavy-duty glass bowls. They include standard and metric marks for easy measuring, a spout and handle for easy pouring, and plastic lids for easy storage. Heat-safe to 350.

Sorry, Carrdinal - but it doesn't just say "batter bowl".

Sure. It is ultimately easier to get someone to purchase a batter bowl if you have one there, but even better than that is...

- have your customers sell for you: Who has this? What do you like about it? Is it easy to clean? What would make you recommend it to someone else?

Otherwise, cross sell. To raise your show average, talk about 2 related products when you present any one. Remember...features TELL, but benefits SELL.

*you want to be duplicatable - you want people to see your job as Easy, Fun, and something they could do!

Take care, everyone!

I think I can see a point to what she was saying though. Some people are going to have a mental block when they see "batter bowl" and think that's all it can do (even if the catalog says different). But maybe by having that piece and demoing it (letting them touch it and see how it's used to bake in-not just for mixing) it might be easier to get past that block. I know a few people with blocks like that. They have to be convinced.

I just started and I don't have anything extra than what came in the kit, so I'll pack that whole thing. But once I earn the other bonus pieces, I'll have to pick and choose. Just because less is more. And I totally can see that by taking a few products that are needed and focusing on them that you're likely to sell more instead of throwing a ton of things at the guests and confusing them.

I am sorry that I don't have the pieces myself yet to use since there is always someone who wants my own personal experience with it to be recounted. I lost a cookware sale because I don't have any myself yet. It didn't matter to her that I gave her all the info she needed, she wanted to see it in person.:(

But I'll have more new products very soon!

I take most of the starter kit. I started not taking every little gadget if the recipe doesn't use it. Like the egg slicer or the lemon zester, for example. I almost lost my lemon zester leaving it behind once after the host's guests were playing with it, thought it was hers and threw it into her sink!

I try to take some of the collections: Cookware, stoneware, SA and cutlery. I want at least a piece there to pass around as I talk about it if I don't use it.

Personally, I try to pack light. That doesn't always happen. :rolleyes:

First, I pack the items I need for the recipe. That may include things that are not specifically mentioned in the directions that are big-ticket items. I will use the Ultimate Mandoline to grate cheese before I use the Deluxe Cheese Grater because I find it easier, and I'd rather sell a $60 item than a $20 one.

Next, I fill the remaining spots in my TTA. There are a few things that always go in there: all 4 sizes of scrapers, a couple of different whisks, all the forged cutlery, one of the old-style knives, garlic press, can opener, Food Chopper...

Third, I pack a few of the items that are new to the catalog.

Fourth, I pick up any items that the host mentioned that she or her guests specifically wanted to see.

Lastly, I make sure I have at least one piece of glazed stoneware (usually the small oval baker so I can pass it around), one piece of cookware (small saute pan), and the Heart Trivet.

I do what Ann does. I used to try and take every item I owned with me and finally realized that I was hauling way too much stuff! Remember, we want our job to look easy....if we take too much we make give off the wrong impression. I only take my TTA, whatever fits in my crate, and my briefcase. If there is a special item that the host wants to see I will bring that too.

I now just take the items needed for my demo. I pack my TTA with as much as it will hold (side note, if you don't already have the TTA carry bag - get it), I bring at least one small piece of SA, glazed stoneware, cookware, both kinds of knife, one or two cookbooks, I always take the large stainless bowl - either use it for my demo or as a garbage bowl. I find that no matter what I take with me, someone ALWAYS want to see something that I didn't bring! Usually someone at the show owns it so I just get them to talk about it.

What is the TTA carry bag? I have a shoulder strap briefcase (kinda small) and an expandable file carry all (way too heavy), but both aren't quite what I'm looking for. TIA!

On the Paperwork/Supply order form, there's a carrying case for the Tool Turn About. It's a must! I think it's $15. Basically, it's a tube-shaped bag with a zipper up the side and a drawstring at the top. It allows you to carry a fully-loaded TTA on your shoulder, freeing up space in your crate.

Awesome. Thanks. I'm still looking at all the info that came with my kit, but it's nice to have others point out things they find helpful to themselves.

I try packing light also. I take what the recipes requires and then a piece of cookware, stoneware and some SA. I always take the APCS, food chopper, cutlery and the old utility knife.

Also, I always pack the host special(s) and guest special, all of the cookbooks and the heart trivet.

Remember, selling the products is big part of what we do, but ultimately we want to recruit and to recruit it needs to look simply, and definitely not cumbersome and costly.

Remember it's your business we only offer opinions and so play with our advice, mix and match and make it your own - & have FUN.

Remember it's your business we only offer opinions and so play with our advice, mix and match and make it your own - & have FUN.
I love this! Do what works for you!! I also agree w/ the above products that I bring to the show!

I usually bring what I demoing that night, plus a piece of stoneware, the cookware, and a matching tool, of course my tool turn about, and all the gadets, IE the can opener, paring knifes, cooks corer, etc, I bring one or two pieces of simple additions, mainly the entertainment set, I always have both batter bowls with me, me one to use durning my demo and the other I use for my drawings for games and DPDS, it works out really well... When I sell the batter bowl, I tell them that they can bake a cake in it, you can make stovetop stuffing with it, it has a nick name aka the bachlor bowl, my husband used his batter bowl for his ceral before we got married!! People love hearing personal stories, becasue if they hear what you or someone you know has used it for they will most likely buy it!!! The food chooper even if I am not using it..... I call it take your agner out in yoru kitchen tool... that always gets a laugh!!! and I never stand behind my demo table for more than a few mins, I move out in front of it, to be more personable,

This thread is great, totally calmed me down about what to do and what to say. I think I read it 5 times. Thanks Scott....REALLY AWESOME INFO> I said I was going to bed..but of course....I LIED.....HAHAHAHA. Still reading.
Doris's book tomorrow.
Thanks Carolyn...did you have to give me this site...SHEESH!!!
NO SLEEP..I am going weary.....LOL

scottcooks said:
and study the chapter on SOFT SELL. My sales have gone UP since I tell people at the beginning of every demo I do: Please Put Your Checkbook Away. I am not here to sell you on PC products! Instead, I want to share how they work. I am here to show them to you, to share how they can benefit your family and make your life easier in the kitchen. Later, if you see something you want, and you are interested in purchasing some of them, of course I can help you with that - but for now, sit back - relax - and Enjoy the experience.

I also want you to consider the possibility in the back of your head, that maybe you could do what I do. The PC apron fits folks from a few hours a month, to a few days a week - folks from eighteen to umpteen - you decide!

Now, on to our recipe:

This is some of the greatest verbage I have read - LOVE IT!!
I am going to work this into my shpeil!!
Thanks Scott!

I thought the exact same thing Carolyn...See Why I reread it today. I printed it out at work and kept reading it.

SilverCeladon said:
Wow Scott thanks so much for the information. I was wondering what I should buy...I know the "Try Me" pan doesn't come in the new consultant package-should I buy that or nothing at all. I appreciate everything you have told me!

The pan does come as one of the SS bonuses (1st maybe?) so focus on doing at least $1250 for each of your SS months and you'll get lots of extra freebie products - I believe you can get up to 7 SS bonus "packages" in your first 3 months. Plus if you manage to recruit during your 1st 3 months you get cookware bonuses.

SilverCeladon said:

Scott ROCKS!!!
I cannot tell you how much of his stuff I have learned from & use in my shows...Thank you Scott. I just wish he was in Wave 2, I would love to meet him & Tom Marston...:rolleyes: Also I listened to her book only once, But I am going to listen again!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LibrarianChef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
strtngnw
  • Stephanie S
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
DebbieSM
  • kristina16marie