• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Must-Haves for Show Days: Taking the Stress Out of Packing

In summary, Schel brings a SS kit, one small tote, a rolling case, & one extra piece of cookware to every show. She recommends using a medium-sized suitcase with wheels and a handle for transport.
schel
I am wondering what everyone brings with to their shows.
I really have to rethink this and stop killing my back if you know what I mean.
Trying to bring the kitchen sink is killing me!
Schel :confused:

I just bring the kit, what I need for the recipe, and an extra piece of cookware.

AJPratt said:
I just bring the kit, what I need for the recipe, and an extra piece of cookware.

Thanks!
Thats what I am going to do this Sunday for my show!
Schel :)

Generaly I bring my kit and then a couple of extra peices........ but this month I am bringig the stoneware..... since it's on sale...... do you have a rolling case Schel??

mommyhugz1978 said:
Generaly I bring my kit and then a couple of extra peices........ but this month I am bringig the stoneware..... since it's on sale...... do you have a rolling case Schel??

No, no rolling case yet, I've still got to get out of debt first!
Maybe next year though.
Schel

It will be one of the best investments you make with your business........ I Love my rolling case!!!

Try using a medium-sized suitcase with wheels and a handle. It works wonderfully for me!!!I've been told just to take what I am using for the recipies. I think that is the best advice, although I will add a piece here and there if I want to promote something specific.

I will take pices of the SA with me to everyshow...... I always get alot of questions about what the sizes of the bowls and plates are........ but the key is not to put so much stuff in it that you cant' lift it up.......

What I need for the recipe, an extra bowl for drawing slips, and cookware. If I'm not showing a piece of stoneware I bring the small oval baker also. I will start bringing a few of the new pieces also.

I used to bring almost everything I own but I want my job to look easy and I think the more you unpack the harder it looks.

I guess I also would bring a few of the items I'm going to cross sell so I can pass them around as I'm demoing.

Thanks everyone! I had a show today and brought my SS kit, one small EXEC. piece, the small bowl caddy, decorated like wedding, and the Sample package A I purchased. A lot less than I used to. My show went well and I didn't break my back. This will work!
Thanks!!! :D
Schel

I can't wait to buy my sample pack..... for the new products!!!

bbauman07 said:
I used to bring almost everything I own but I want my job to look easy and I think the more you unpack the harder it looks.

Very good point Brooke. I always want to take WAY too much product. "What if they want to see something I don't have" - I can sell it via my mouth. I've been told I could talk anyone into almost anythig - and with PC it is easy - just show them a catalog.

I hadn't thought much about how it might look to a prospective recruit:confused:- hauling all of these crates, boxes, bags and suitcases into the host's home.... I have trimmed my lot back to my rolling case and one small tote (doubles for dirty dishes) BUT, now I find myself NEEDING to take all of the NEW Fall product :eek: - I just need to "KISS" my kit - right??

Thanks for the reminder to KISS :D

For those of you who just bring the SS kit & cookware piece-do you only make recipes that call for SS products? I try to just take what I need for a recipe (not just SS recipes), but for some reason I'm still killing my back! I do two recipes & bring the food. It seems like I have SO much stuff to bring. I've tried scaling down but haven't had much luck. Especially this month when the hosts wanted to see all of the stoneware--heavy, heavy!

Oh My Goodness! You must have been reading my mind Schel! I was just about to post a thread about this--- I too, have been hauling practically every PC thing I own, but I have to stop that! I am going to switch to only recipe items, cookware and maybe a couple pieces of SA. I would put all that stuff out and no one would even touch it! What a great point about what it looks like to our potential consultants!

Have you considered only doing one recipe? (Or, have one done so you don't need the tools for that one and demoing one?)

Also- when an entire line is on sale (like the stoneware was) don't try to bring every piece. I always ask if the host has anything SPECIFIC they want me to bring or that anyone has asked about. Most of the time that narrows it down.

Remember, if someone really wants to see something before they will buy it, offer to bring it to THEIR show!

I do bring the second recipe already done-but that's also more product to bring it in something.

Also, I didn't bring some of the glazed to one of the shows (forgot a couple of pieces) & I lost sales on the ones I forgot because of course that's what the customer was interested in & they couldn't see how big it was so they didn't want to get it. It was too late in the month to book another September show.

Of course, I DID get one of my September shows by NOT bringing something. I told the host I'd be happy to bring it to her show so she booked--and ended up NOT getting it. Figures!

I really don't know how I am bringing so much stuff. I guess I do try to bring a flat stone & bar pan & small glazed piece if I'm not using it in a recipe. I always talk about stoneware. Then I bring the saute pan. Ok, I also bring a "trash bowl" & a bowl for DPDS. Plus the stuff I cook with. Plus the stuff to serve it on--SA can get so heavy! Plus the catalogs & order forms, host packets, recruiting info, booking binder. What can I really take out? In my mind I need all that.

One thing that I have done that lightens my load, I bring the Stainless Steel Mxing bowls instead of the Batter Bowls. I LOVE THE BATTER BOWLS, don't get me wrong, and I took one to the shows when that was the special... however, I have always worried about if one breaks and the Stainless Bowls are so much lighter! Just an idea that I use.

Jaye :)

I had a show on Friday night and I was acutally paying attention to what I was putting in my rolling case and tool turn about case and the show to go tote....... Holy cow.. I diddn't bring my SS kit I brought alittle of my whole dang kitchen!!! but the show was HUGE and I had large sales..... so I guess it was worth of it.

So, yesterday I had a show and I brought ONLY the ingredients needed for the recipe and one extra piece of stoneware. I made it in in 2 trips... which I could have done in one, but my chiropractor would have a fit.

jaye said:
One thing that I have done that lightens my load, I bring the Stainless Steel Mxing bowls instead of the Batter Bowls. I LOVE THE BATTER BOWLS, don't get me wrong, and I took one to the shows when that was the special... however, I have always worried about if one breaks and the Stainless Bowls are so much lighter! Just an idea that I use.

Jaye :)

Like that and will do that!
Schel

AJPratt said:
So, yesterday I had a show and I brought ONLY the ingredients needed for the recipe and one extra piece of stoneware. I made it in in 2 trips... which I could have done in one, but my chiropractor would have a fit.

And how was your show? Mine was pretty good! Considering I brought only a little over 1/2 of what I usually brought!
I think I did pretty well. I packed, drove to the show, unpacked, did the show, came home and unpacked, including dishes all in 3 & 1/2 hours. Usually this whole process has taken me at least 6 hours. And, my show was $600.00 level so far!
So... I am glad, I didn't break my back and I sat there thinking, so I this how it is supposed to be? It felt easy!
The other thing I did, I dropped the 2nd recipe. I coached my host that if she wanted something more to compliment the recipe, she was more than welcome. And she had fresh fruit to go with it and some Amish Bread.
All in all, I actually felt awesome after this show. Cutting down in how much I brought with, less to do and worry about with only 1 recipe. I also had more time to concentrate on doing my job of talking about the booking and recruiting benefit.
Ok, enough already right!
Thanks all for your awesome input!
Schel :)

My show was crappy. Its at $250 and not going anywhere. The host did NONE of the things I asked her to do. Did NOT followup with anyone. It was quite a distance for me: 90 minutes away. I did it because I thought it would be a huge show because of the area. She had about 10 there, four were old ladies, 3 didn't cook, and one told me she wasn't buying anything because she likes Bed Bath and Beyond better. No one spent more than $30-$40. It was my worst show ever. Kids were running around and people just weren't paying attention. One of the kids was staning on the stool over my table and coughing all over everything. Eeeew! I am just glad it is done at this point. Let me get the bad shows out of the way before the busy season hits.

I had a show yesterday and I brought three pieces of stoneware, my stir-fry skillet, two baskets and the rectagular platter. I also brought less than 5 other things. It was great because the lady had the smallest table I have ever seen for me to do my demo on!!

Hmmm Anne, sounds like we are in the same "crappy show" boat-- however thank god I didn't have to drive as long as you! My hostess totally did not want to be coached in any way! Whenever I tried she would rush me and not let me get a word in at all-- her famous quote " I get what I get--that will make me happy" talk about a waste of my time!!!! Lately, I've been telling all my hosts that if you're going to have a show you might as well shoot for a thousand-- and I'm very close to my third one!

My show on Friday was great right now it is sitting at $460.11 and my hostess still has outside orders coming in. I am so excited!!! I had a show on the 7th of this month that has 420.68 in total sales... I have two more to go!!!

AJPratt said:
My show was crappy. Its at $250 and not going anywhere. The host did NONE of the things I asked her to do. Did NOT followup with anyone. It was quite a distance for me: 90 minutes away. I did it because I thought it would be a huge show because of the area. She had about 10 there, four were old ladies, 3 didn't cook, and one told me she wasn't buying anything because she likes Bed Bath and Beyond better. No one spent more than $30-$40. It was my worst show ever. Kids were running around and people just weren't paying attention. One of the kids was staning on the stool over my table and coughing all over everything. Eeeew! I am just glad it is done at this point. Let me get the bad shows out of the way before the busy season hits.

Sorry to hear of your bad show. I still am dreading this Mom and Me show I agree'd to. I kept hoping the host would decide not to go through with it but not this one. Maybe it will be a big one! Who knows.
Well good luck with your next and be thankful that show is done and over with!
Schel

schel said:
Sorry to hear of your bad show. I still am dreading this Mom and Me show I agree'd to. I kept hoping the host would decide not to go through with it but not this one. Maybe it will be a big one! Who knows.
Well good luck with your next and be thankful that show is done and over with!
Schel
Thanks for that! I'm glad its over, too!

I could be really crappy, but it could be your best show ever! Keep your chin up!

Schel,

Here's an idea for your Mom and Me show... make it into either a cooking bake show... using the All Purpose Cookie Recipe or just do a Sundae Bar type of thing. That will be fun for them, easy for you and the parents can see how the tools work to chop, cut, pour, etc, and how the SA works for display and serving.

This is just a suggestion, you know your audience better, but I think one of these options might be fun.

Good luck!
Jaye

OH WOW.. girly that's horrible I am sorry that happend to you......... I have a show that is an hour away tomorrow it's a party exchange with a lady who sells Home Interiors but everyone on her guest list is a PC junky supposively so I will see how it goes....... I have had a total of two shows this month and the current one that will close on Friday it's a little over $550.00 so I am really proud of myself!!!! ALL three of these parties have been party exchanges with other consulants in my town.... My Oct is looking really good so far!! :)

AJPratt said:

1. What are the essential items to pack for a show day?

The essential items to pack for a show day may vary depending on the specific show and the individual's needs, but some common must-haves include: comfortable shoes, appropriate clothing, water bottle, snacks, necessary equipment or materials for the show, and any required documents or identification.

2. How can I reduce the stress of packing for a show?

To reduce the stress of packing for a show, it is important to plan ahead and make a list of all the necessary items. This will help you avoid forgetting important items and prevent overpacking. Additionally, investing in a lightweight and sturdy bag or luggage can make carrying your items less strenuous.

3. Is it necessary to bring everything with me for a show?

No, it is not necessary to bring everything with you for a show. It is important to prioritize and only bring essential items that you will actually use during the show. Packing unnecessary items will only add unnecessary weight and stress to your load.

4. How can I avoid straining my back while packing for a show?

To avoid straining your back while packing for a show, it is important to pack efficiently and distribute the weight evenly in your bag. Use a backpack or a rolling suitcase to evenly distribute the weight and avoid putting too much strain on one side of your body. Additionally, take breaks while packing and listen to your body's limits.

5. How can I find out what items are necessary for a specific show?

To find out what items are necessary for a specific show, you can research the show's guidelines or ask for a list from the organizers. You can also reach out to others who have participated in the show before for their insights and recommendations. It is always better to be over-prepared than under-prepared, so it is best to clarify any doubts about necessary items before packing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• camiesu
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • rennea
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • schel