• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is Your Favorite Way to Demo the Small Saute Pan?

In summary, the new consultant recommend doing the rice crispy treats demo with the small saute pan instead of the SA square. They also recommend the cheese demo. The caramel demo is also a good option. Lastly, the ice demo is a great way to show off the cookware.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I have to say I love doing the pull apart breads! I also do the ice demo with one of the pots. Any other great ideas?

I just have to share this!! I was going to make some pull apart bread as an afternoon snack for the fam, I put the stick of butter in the pan and walked away without turning the burner on...I came back (in less than 5 minutes) and the butter was melted!! This cookware is the best...

CaramelLast night I burned a caramel in the saute pan right before the show, and everyone was amazed how easy it wiped out with a paper towel.

That's good to know!!!! I don't have to have the burner on. I can wait until I'm ready to saute the garlic to turn it on.

Did the caramel leave a mark in the pan?

Rice krispie treats... 1 tbsp butter, 1/2 cup mini marshmallows, 1/2 cup rice krispies. Pour out onto a SA square...everyone will want to have a taste! Wipe out the residue with a paper towel. Voila!

No the caramel did not burn the pan. I like the rice krispie treats idea. I will have to try that also.

I do the rice krispie demo all the time in the 1 1/2 quart saucepan from the Executive Set. I suppose it would work just as good with the small saute pan, but I know I'D probably make a bigger mess of that one with stuff spilling out the sides.:D

Rice krispie treats...mmmm.

I like the caramel demo. People are amazed and it's inexpensive too!

Burnt cheese is great tooLike the caramel it won't leave a mark in the pan at all. Just dump a handfull of cheddar cheese in the pan and let her rip. Only caution here is that it will smoke after a certain point so watch it. You don't want the fire department spraying your show with water! Of course, then again, if they do show up, give each a catlog and tell them what happened! We all know fire people love to cook!

if you tilt it to the side an put an ice cube in it - after a couple of minutes the entire pan will be cold even the opposite end on top which never touched the ice!

Heres another idea on the rice krispie demo. Instead of turning them out onto the SA medium square - use the small bar pan. Spread or mash them down. Cut with mini-spatula. This way you are demoing the stoneware and cookware in one and can talk about both!

Hi Guys,
I am a new consultant and I just earned my product bonus. Any other ideas for demo-ing the 8" Ex saute pan besides the rice crispy treats? Where can I find that pull appart bread recipe. That sounds like a winner!

At the top of this page click files, then search pull apart bread and a file with recipes will come up. Good luck and welcome to the PC family!

Loves2Cook: Where is Jersey are you?

cheeseI do part of my demo and then throw a slice of cheese (very cheap demo) and put it on low for about 15 minutes....the cheese will be melted and slides right out onto a SA plate. MAKE SURE it's on low...it will smoke if it's not on low. Best bet is to do it on a burner that you can put on your table....you can watch it. Those table top burners are sold at Walmart for about $10 and you can use it for lots of cookware recipes. It saves you from having to go in and out of a kitchen while trying to demo things. Just thought I'd share that with you.

I am new at TPC can you share the rice krispie recipe and the one for the caramel. And what is the ice demo?

I love the pull apart bread. But do not use it much any more. My hosts have been doubling up on recipes and in the summer I like to do fresh lemonade so it makes to many demos. Lately I have been doing the ice demo.

As a matter of fact today I had a show with the side/side calzones and the molten choco cake, so I had the 10' skillet to brown the sausage and the family skillet for the cake and did not bring the saute pan (a first). It was really funny as I was talking about the cookware the host say, do that great ice demo and one skillet is in the bottom of the dirty bucket and one is in the oven so she grabs her Exec saute pan, and does the demo herself, I was great! Her demoing the ice trick sold 2 saute pans!

So from now on, I will always do the ice demo!

Now that's what I call a HOST!!

pamperedbecky said:
I do the rice krispie demo all the time in the 1 1/2 quart saucepan from the Executive Set. I suppose it would work just as good with the small saute pan, but I know I'D probably make a bigger mess of that one with stuff spilling out the sides.:D

Just made them---WOW! They are the best!

I guess everyone is talking about the 8" ex. saute pan for the pull apart bread? I looked up the recipe, and the garlic bread called for the Italian Seasoning, but didn't say how much. Just wondering how much?

Thanks!

Tracy Graham
[email protected]

WAVE 1 Palmer Hilton Hotel

I use the 8" pan. I just add a dash or two of the seasoning.

The ice demo is... put about 3 or 4 ice cubes in the bottom of your pan and let them sit for just a couple of minutes then pour them out and dry out the pan. I then pass that pan around so everyone can feel just how cold it is. And then I talk about how this demonstrates how well these pans conduct heat. I usually make some smarty comment about how I tried this demo with a hot pan, but I found I make more friends this way.

Rice Krispies in new cookwareI made the rice krispies treats tonight and they were awesome.

First, I used the 8 in saute pan and made them with 1 tsp marg, 1/2 cup rice krispies, 1/2 cup mini marshmallows. It was very easy to mix, but very small. I made it into a small heart on a small plate and gave it to my husband. This would be a great host gift or prize, also great for kids' lunches or quick thank you gifts.

Then, I wanted to try the small saucepan and pour it out into the small bar pan. I ended up using about 2 tsp butter, 3 cups each of marshmallows and rice krispies. After lightly spraying my small bar pan, it worked great. I love the idea of how it demos both. Talking about the easy cleanup is great too.

Tina

I doubled the recipe as well, so there is enough for samples.

tina617 said:
I made the rice krispies treats tonight and they were awesome.

First, I used the 8 in saute pan and made them with 1 tsp marg, 1/2 cup rice krispies, 1/2 cup mini marshmallows. It was very easy to mix, but very small. I made it into a small heart on a small plate and gave it to my husband. This would be a great host gift or prize, also great for kids' lunches or quick thank you gifts.

Then, I wanted to try the small saucepan and pour it out into the small bar pan. I ended up using about 2 tsp butter, 3 cups each of marshmallows and rice krispies. After lightly spraying my small bar pan, it worked great. I love the idea of how it demos both. Talking about the easy cleanup is great too.

Tina

I usually put my finished rice krispy in the heart mold. Just another tie-in for the mold. :p I may have to do something different in the fall, depends on what they do for RUFTH.

Sandi

Saute Pan recipe
Loves2cook said:
Hi Guys,
I am a new consultant and I just earned my product bonus. Any other ideas for demo-ing the 8" Ex saute pan besides the rice crispy treats? Where can I find that pull appart bread recipe. That sounds like a winner!

I have used the Pineapple upside down cake in the 8" saute pan. I have sold over 5 pans doing this recipe. And it is quick and easy.

Woudl you post the recipe you used?

Pineapple Upside Down Cake in 8" saute panMini Pineapple Upside Down Cake

1 Yello Jiffy Cake Mix
Juice from Pineapple (use can strainer)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 small can crushed pineapple (i used tidbits)
1 egg
3 Tbsp. Butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter and brown sugar in 8" saute pan. Combine egg, cake mix and pineapple juice (add a little water if batter seems to dry.) Place pineapple on top of brown sugar mixture. Pour cake batter over pineappe. Bake 15 - 20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes. Flip on to Medium SA Square or Celebrate plate. (Keep on eye on it --my last show it bubbled over in the girls oven and caused the smoke alarm to go off--oops!!)

This recipe is also good if you want to drop something off when you are trying to get into a realtor's office, Bridal shop, hair dressers etc. It's small but will get everyone's attention. As does the microwave cake's in the fluted pan's ( big or mini). Hope this helps!

Great recipe! I need to try that one. So many are for the bigger pans - I have the 8" only. Thank you!!!

OK. I can't find the Jiffy Cake mix. I would have to drive to Philadelphia or Toms River to buy it.

Last edited:
lovetocook64 said:
Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cake

1 Yello Jiffy Cake Mix
Juice from Pineapple (use can strainer)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 small can crushed pineapple (i used tidbits)
1 egg
3 Tbsp. Butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter and brown sugar in 8" saute pan. Combine egg, cake mix and pineapple juice (add a little water if batter seems to dry.) Place pineapple on top of brown sugar mixture. Pour cake batter over pineappe. Bake 15 - 20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes. Flip on to Medium SA Square or Celebrate plate. (Keep on eye on it --my last show it bubbled over in the girls oven and caused the smoke alarm to go off--oops!!)

This recipe is also good if you want to drop something off when you are trying to get into a realtor's office, Bridal shop, hair dressers etc. It's small but will get everyone's attention. As does the microwave cake's in the fluted pan's ( big or mini). Hope this helps!
I tried the Pineapple Upside Down Cake tonight. My husband, a chef, thought the ingredients wouln't fit in the 8" Saute Pan so we made it in the 12" Skillet. It was a really big hit with our guests, even the kids! Thanks for sharing this!

Trish
Wave 1

That's what I thought. I use the 10 or 12" skillet. When using the 8" do you split the recipe and make 2?

I am surprised that you had problems putting it in the 8" because I have done it half a dozen times or more and it fit no problem. Did you use the Jiffy 9 oz cake mix? It works for me, but using the bigger pan just means that you have more to slices to share.

Keri

PampChefJoy said:
Rice krispie treats... 1 tbsp butter, 1/2 cup mini marshmallows, 1/2 cup rice krispies. Pour out onto a SA square...everyone will want to have a taste! Wipe out the residue with a paper towel. Voila!

Wow, I wonder what other skillet cakes can be made smaller (and lighter to transport). Thank Ladies!
:)

Last edited:

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smallfarmmom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ginamkiely
  • kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views