• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is Your Favorite Mexican Show Recipe?

In summary, my host for Friday has decided she wants to do a mexican theme... What is the easiest main dish (and maybe a quickie side or dessert) to do?Taco Ring!!...and have her make Margaritas!What about the new jerk chicken nachos? Is that Mexican? Excuse my ignorance!!!! But YES! definitely margaritas!!!Do we have a recipe for margaritas?Touchdown taco dip is good. There's also a Green Chile Frittata in the theme show archive on CC that's a GREAT show recipe (and it's COOKWARE!). When I hosted before I signed, my recruiter made Margarita Pie. I was
katie0128
Silver Member
My host for Friday has decided she wants to do a mexican theme... What is the easiest main dish (and maybe a quickie side or dessert) to do?

...and have her make Margaritas!

What about the new jerk chicken nachos? Is that Mexican? Excuse my ignorance!!!! But YES! definitely margaritas!!!

Do we have a recipe for margaritas?

Touchdown taco dip is good. There's also a Green Chile Frittata in the theme show archive on CC that's a GREAT show recipe (and it's COOKWARE!).

When I hosted before I signed, my recruiter made Margarita Pie. I was looking for the recipe at home the other day - I'll check the usual sites for it for you. It's really good. Got a pretzel crust (for the salty), and a lime, cool whip and condensed milk filling.

Found it!

Frozen Margarita Pie

1½ cups pretzels -- finely crushed
1/2 cup margarine -- melted
1/4 cup sugar
14 ounces condensed milk -- sweetened
1/3 cup lime juice
4 tbs. tequila
2 tbs. triple sec
1 cup whipping cream -- (1/2 pint)

Whip whipped cream. Combine pretzel crumbs, margarine and sugar; press
on bottom and up side of buttered 9-inch pie plate. Chill. In large
bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, tequila and triple
sec; mix well. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into prepared crust. Freeze
4 hours or until firm.

Here's another version:

Margarita Pie With Pretzel Crust

Source: About.com

1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
5 ounces (oz.) pretzels
1 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
3 oz. frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
2 oz. tequila
1 oz. orange liqueur
1 whole lime, grated and juiced

Prepare pie early in the day or the night before. While crushing pretzels in the food processor add sugar and butter. Firmly press mixture in bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate. Freeze 1 hour. Mix the remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl until combined. Put filling in pie crust and freeze until firm, about 4 hours.

--
I do know that my recruiter used Cool Whip in hers, and didn't do alcohol in it (but it was otherwise the top recipe). If you keep everything really cold, you can pop it in the freezer for 30 minutes and it should be set up enough to eat.

Toughdown Taco Dip (which I actually call Layered Mexican Bean Dip)....shows a lot of tools and can easily be doubled for a crowd. People love this dip.

This time of the year though, consider keeping the kitchen cool and making fresh salsa with chips. See page 22 of the catalog....suggest adding a can of diced green chilis' to show off the can opener....Display in Simple Additions if you have some.

Not really Mexican - but sorta Tex-Mex -
One of my favorites to demo -
The Seven Layer Southwestern Salad

Then have the guests do the salsa in the catalog w/ the choppers, and have another guest mix up some guac. using the mix n masher.

Have Cool & Creamy Chocolate Fondue for dessert (add a touch extra cinnamon for a Mexican flavor) w/ cinamon chips and strawberries.

Mexican fiesta pizza salad! ymmm, tastes just like the taco ring but better with the sourcream and green onions!

heat123 said:
Mexican fiesta pizza salad! ymmm, tastes just like the taco ring but better with the sourcream and green onions!
Do share? Is that a PC recipe?

The Tex Mex Chicken in All the Best is good. We don't have the bread tubes any more but you could just do it on french bread or do it on bread tubes to promote people going to check out the outlet from time to time to get them.

I love the Chicken Enchilada Ring...It's one of my standards.

I second the Touchdown Taco Dip and Chicken Enchilada Ring--they both get RAVE reviews any time I make them!

I LOVE the Mole Chicken Pizza, and I believe it was a "Super Starter" recipe, so it's really easy. I did that a lot the season it came out, and everyone loved it.

There is also a simple recipe for Margaritas that uses beer, and you make it in the QSP (it's yummy - I've tried it!)

Here it is:

Margarita Recipe

In Quick Stir Pitcher, combine...

1 can 7up

1 bottle corona

1 can frozen Limeade

tequila (to taste)

Tara1021 said:
I love the Chicken Enchilada Ring...It's one of my standards.

Same here. If she's got 15+ coming, I'll do the Chicken Enchilada Ring with the Chpotle Ranch Dip (served in SA small bowls & caddy) and sangria served in the QSP.
To add more tools, I serve the salsa/sourcream in a red pepper bowl (V-cutter), I add fresh cilantro (shears) and garlic (press). I crush the chips with the meat tenderizer.
If I am feeling motivated I will let the crowd make the salsa using the salad chopper in the small batter bowl

Mexican Fiesta Salad Pizza

2 pkgs crescent rolls
2 cups thinly sliced lettuce
2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
¼ cup black olives, chopped
1 ½ cup salsa
1 envelope taco seasoning mix
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 ¼ pound ground beef, cooked & drained
1 cup sour cream
Additional salsa

Preheat oven to 375. Unroll crescent dough and separate into 16 triangles. Arrange 14 of the triangles in a circle on Large Round Stone with wide ends even with edge. Place the remaining two triangles in center. Roll dough to create a smooth surface with the Bakers Roller (lightly flour it). Bake 15-18 min until golden brown. Let cool.

Thinly slice lettuce using Crinkle Cutter or knife. Slice tomatoes & dice with utility knife. Slice green onions with knife. Grate cheese using cheese grater. Chop olives with food chopper or slice using the egg slicer. Set all aside.

In Classic Batter Bowl, combine salsa, seasoning mix and garlic pressed with garlic press. Add cooked hamburger. Microwave for 3 minutes or until hot. Spread Sour Cream over the crust using small Mix & Scraper. Spoon hamburger mixture over sour cream. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cheese and olives. Cut with pizza cutter and serve using small spatula. Have additional salsa out for guests to spoon over slice.

Chicken Enchilada Ring! I made it for a party last week for the first time and it was easy and used a lot of tools. My hostess served Margaritas that she made herself and it was quite the fiesta!

:D

The Taco Ring has been around so long that I actually had guests choose not to sample it again! That's when I switched to the Chicken Enchilada Ring and it has been a hit! (I'm doing it at my next Welcome to Margaritaville party with a former consultant as the host.) I also recently tried and like the Southwestern Snack Squares. If your host likes strawberry margaritas, make up the strawberry ice from the Delightful Desserts cookbook (doesn't matter if you don't have the ice shaver. You can semi-freeze and plunge in the QSP or use a blender) and add tequila. These are great!I don't have time to type it out tonight, but let me know if you need the Sopapilla Cake recipe for dessert. It's a cream cheese, crescent roll, cinnamon sugar concoction that tastes great! Or as a make-ahead dessert, I've taken the Mexican Chocolate Pie to dinner parties where enchiladas were served and it has been a hit!

I'd love the Sopapilla recipe... if you have access to a fax machine, I'll PM you my fax at work and you can just send it there instead of typing it all out.

I really like the Mexican Fiesta Salad Pizza. It was a hit at my last show.

I had the Family-Sized Burrito at a shows a few years ago before I started selling and it was a big hit.

1. What is your favorite Mexican show recipe for a beginner cook?

My favorite Mexican show recipe for a beginner cook is the classic guacamole. It only requires a few simple ingredients like avocados, tomatoes, onions, and lime juice. Plus, it's easy to customize with additional ingredients like cilantro or jalapenos.

2. Is there a healthy option for a Mexican show recipe?

Yes, a healthy option for a Mexican show recipe is grilled fish tacos. You can use a lean protein like tilapia or cod, and pair it with fresh vegetables and whole wheat tortillas. It's a nutritious and delicious option for a Mexican-inspired meal.

3. What is a good vegetarian Mexican show recipe?

A popular vegetarian Mexican show recipe is black bean and sweet potato enchiladas. The sweet potatoes add a touch of sweetness, while the black beans provide protein and fiber. It's a satisfying and flavorful dish that even meat-lovers will enjoy.

4. Are there any quick and easy Mexican show recipes?

Yes, there are several quick and easy Mexican show recipes. One of my favorites is Mexican street corn salad. It only takes 15 minutes to make and requires simple ingredients like corn, cotija cheese, and spices. It's a perfect side dish for any Mexican-inspired meal.

5. Can you recommend a traditional Mexican show recipe?

A traditional Mexican show recipe is chiles rellenos. It consists of roasted poblano peppers stuffed with cheese, dipped in an egg batter, and fried until crispy. It's a popular and delicious dish that originated in Puebla, Mexico.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCCHeather0506
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • Teresa Lynn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies