1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Large Mexican theme show help needed...

1. My day care provider is having a show for me. She has 16 coming. Here is my current menu:

Mexican lasagne
    molten lava cake
    mini mexican corn bread (premade the night before)
    chips and pineapple salsa

I am afraid this is not going to be enough food. I also need an alcoholic drink for the quick stir pitcher. Any ideas???

Many thanks,
    Laura

Apr 15, 2009
  2. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Sorry, I have absolutely no advice for you. I just keep picturing the "Large Mexican" you're doing the theme show for. ;) LOL!

Apr 15, 2009
  3. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

As far as the alcoholic drink- the Margarita recipe that I got from others on this site is excellent!

1 Corona Beer (I used a 7 oz bottle, and it seemed perfect!)
    2- 12oz cans Sprite or 7-Up (a lemon lime soda)
    1 can of frozen limeade
    1 cup Tequila ( The third time I made this, I was able to cut this to 2/3 cup and not notice a huge difference in taste)

That's it! It's so good!!!! My MIL and my Mom both had several glasses (and my mom doesn't drink much ever!) I myself drank 3-4 small glasses (on the rocks)....it's not overly strong.

As far as the food, I think you have plenty -IMHO. The lasagne makes alot. The salsa does make alot too! (And it's excellent!) Depending on what type of cake you are doing, if you are doing a fluted stone molten cake, it makes a full cake.

WIth the variety you are putting out, I'd think they'll have plenty.

Apr 15, 2009
  4. Rae- You are too funny.

Thanks for the recipe for the margaritas. We will do this. Will a double batch fit into the family size quick stir pitcher???

Apr 15, 2009
  5. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

It should, yes. The recipe I gave you above was in my 2 qt Quick-stir pitcher...so doubling should be just fine in the Family-Size.

Have fun. :D

Apr 15, 2009
  6. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

why are you making so much food????

We make one recipe so everyone can see how our tools can be used and then everyone gets a TASTE.

Apr 15, 2009
  7. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Everyone does it a differently. Whatever works!:D

Most of my shows, it ends up being more than just a taste. I like to cook - I like to demo the products - and I like to feed people.:love: I almost always only demo one recipe, but I also often have a 2nd recipe that is mostly made ahead. My hosts often will also make other things to compliment what I am demoing. It's just the way I like to do things, and with all due respect, there is NOTHING in our official PC training that says we only make one recipe, and everyone only gets a taste.;)

Apr 15, 2009
  8. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I know there are lots of ways to do shows.

I tend to keep them as simple as possible, so guests may say, "I think I can do what she is doing." But food does often equal fun, so I keep that in mind too. I think it is a balancing act.

9. The main reason is that I know everyone that will be there. Also there will be a lot of people. My host is willing to buy the food so why not???

I am really only doing a demo for the mexican lasagna, molten lava cake and how to use the pineapple wedger. I plan to cut up the rest of the salsa things ahead of time. Really I would not call the margaritias a demo. Just through everything in and mix....

Thanks for the input.

Laura

Apr 16, 2009
  10. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I would like to apologize for my short and insensitive post. I was not having a very good day yesterday.

Sounds like your show will be a lot of fun. Good luck!

Apr 16, 2009
  11. as for the alcohol drink. I made the mojitos at a party and they were a huge hit!!! They are in the past 2008 spring seasons best i think... Have fun!!!

Apr 16, 2009
  12. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

I've heard that the lemon-tinis in the current SB are good too.

Apr 16, 2009
  13. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

They are DElicious! I make them OFTEN...well not THAT often ;)

However, for a Mexican theme I'd go with the Margarita recipe posted. Yummy too!

Good luck and have fun!

Apr 16, 2009
  14. Nanisu

Nanisu Veteran Member Gold Member

I've never had a show for large mexicans, LOL. I've met a couple of them though.

Apr 17, 2009
  15. JaimeAnnR

JaimeAnnR Member

haha oh my goodness the 'large mexican' side convo cracks me up!

sounds like a fabulous menu! i want to come! :)

Apr 18, 2009
Have something to add?