• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Large Mexican Theme Show Help Needed...

In summary, Laura is having a show for her 16 guests and she has a Mexican lasagne, molten lava cake, mini mexican corn bread, chips and pineapple salsa as her menu. She is running out of food and needs an alcoholic drink for the quick stir pitcher. Rae has no advice for Laura as she just imagines the show she is doing with the Large Mexican theme. Laura provides a recipe for Margaritas that will fit in the family size quick stir pitcher and everyone does it a differently. Laura says that most of her shows are more than just a taste and she likes to cook, demo products, and feed people. The Margaritas Laura is making will fit in the family size quick stir pitcher. Rae has a
lovemytools
My day care provider is having a show for me. She has 16 coming. Here is my current menu:

Mexican lasagne
molten lava cake
mini mexican corn bread (premade the night before)
chips and pineapple salsa

I am afraid this is not going to be enough food. I also need an alcoholic drink for the quick stir pitcher. Any ideas???

Many thanks,
Laura

Sorry, I have absolutely no advice for you. I just keep picturing the "Large Mexican" you're doing the theme show for. ;) LOL!

As far as the alcoholic drink- the Margarita recipe that I got from others on this site is excellent! 1 Corona Beer (I used a 7 oz bottle, and it seemed perfect!)
2- 12oz cans Sprite or 7-Up (a lemon lime soda)
1 can of frozen limeade
1 cup Tequila ( The third time I made this, I was able to cut this to 2/3 cup and not notice a huge difference in taste)That's it! It's so good!!!! My MIL and my Mom both had several glasses (and my mom doesn't drink much ever!) I myself drank 3-4 small glasses (on the rocks)....it's not overly strong.As far as the food, I think you have plenty -IMHO. The lasagne makes alot. The salsa does make alot too! (And it's excellent!) Depending on what type of cake you are doing, if you are doing a fluted stone molten cake, it makes a full cake.WIth the variety you are putting out, I'd think they'll have plenty.

Rae- You are too funny.

Thanks for the recipe for the margaritas. We will do this. Will a double batch fit into the family size quick stir pitcher???

lovemytools said:
Thanks for the recipe for the margaritas. We will do this. Will a double batch fit into the family size quick stir pitcher???

It should, yes. The recipe I gave you above was in my 2 qt Quick-stir pitcher...so doubling should be just fine in the Family-Size.

Have fun. :D

why are you making so much food????We make one recipe so everyone can see how our tools can be used and then everyone gets a TASTE.

DebbieJ said:
why are you making so much food????

We make one recipe so everyone can see how our tools can be used and then everyone gets a TASTE.

Everyone does it a differently. Whatever works!:D

Most of my shows, it ends up being more than just a taste. I like to cook - I like to demo the products - and I like to feed people.:love: I almost always only demo one recipe, but I also often have a 2nd recipe that is mostly made ahead. My hosts often will also make other things to compliment what I am demoing. It's just the way I like to do things, and with all due respect, there is NOTHING in our official PC training that says we only make one recipe, and everyone only gets a taste.;)

I know there are lots of ways to do shows.

I tend to keep them as simple as possible, so guests may say, "I think I can do what she is doing." But food does often equal fun, so I keep that in mind too. I think it is a balancing act.

The main reason is that I know everyone that will be there. Also there will be a lot of people. My host is willing to buy the food so why not???

I am really only doing a demo for the mexican lasagna, molten lava cake and how to use the pineapple wedger. I plan to cut up the rest of the salsa things ahead of time. Really I would not call the margaritias a demo. Just through everything in and mix....

Thanks for the input.

Laura

ChefBeckyD said:
Everyone does it a differently. Whatever works!:D

Most of my shows, it ends up being more than just a taste. I like to cook - I like to demo the products - and I like to feed people.:love: I almost always only demo one recipe, but I also often have a 2nd recipe that is mostly made ahead. My hosts often will also make other things to compliment what I am demoing. It's just the way I like to do things, and with all due respect, there is NOTHING in our official PC training that says we only make one recipe, and everyone only gets a taste.;)

I would like to apologize for my short and insensitive post. I was not having a very good day yesterday.

Sounds like your show will be a lot of fun. Good luck!

as for the alcohol drink. I made the mojitos at a party and they were a huge hit!!! They are in the past 2008 spring seasons best i think... Have fun!!!

I've heard that the lemon-tinis in the current SB are good too.

c00p said:
I've heard that the lemon-tinis in the current SB are good too.

They are DElicious! I make them OFTEN...well not THAT often ;)

However, for a Mexican theme I'd go with the Margarita recipe posted. Yummy too!

Good luck and have fun!

I've never had a show for large mexicans, LOL. I've met a couple of them though.

haha oh my goodness the 'large mexican' side convo cracks me up! sounds like a fabulous menu! i want to come! :)

1. What is a Large Mexican Theme Show?

A Large Mexican Theme Show is a fun and interactive party where guests can learn about Mexican cuisine and cooking techniques while enjoying delicious food and drinks. It typically includes a cooking demonstration, tastings, and games related to Mexican culture.

2. How many guests can attend a Large Mexican Theme Show?

Our Large Mexican Theme Shows can accommodate up to 20 guests. This ensures that everyone will have a chance to participate and have a personalized experience.

3. What types of dishes will be demonstrated at the show?

The dishes demonstrated at the Large Mexican Theme Show will vary depending on the consultant and the theme chosen. However, some common dishes include tacos, enchiladas, guacamole, and margaritas.

4. Can dietary restrictions be accommodated?

Yes, we understand that some guests may have dietary restrictions. Please let us know in advance if any of your guests have allergies or dietary preferences and we will do our best to accommodate them.

5. How long does a Large Mexican Theme Show typically last?

A Large Mexican Theme Show usually lasts 2-3 hours, but can be customized to fit your schedule and needs. We want to ensure that you and your guests have a fun and enjoyable experience, so we will work with you to plan the best time frame for your party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sharon66
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
ChefJones
  • mandydollie
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies