• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tried & True Mexican Recipes: Share Your Family's Favorites!

In summary, the conversation was about sharing Mexican recipes for an upcoming meeting with the theme of Mexican food. The person asking for recipes mentioned using allrecipes and wanting some tried and true recipes from other families. They also shared their own recipe for "enchiladas" which involved cooking ground beef with taco seasoning and cottage cheese, wrapping it in flour tortillas, pouring enchilada sauce and cheese on top, and baking for 20 minutes. The person wished the other person good luck with their meeting and hoped they would get some good recipes.
Teresa Lynn
Gold Member
Anyone want to share their family's favorite Mexican recipes (they don't have to be PC ones). I know our meeting is that night and that is the theme. looking for a new yummy recipe
we eat Mexican about once a week so I'm looking for some new recipes (I use allrecipes and the other websites wanted some tried and true "encore" ones from your families.

I don't really have anything spectacular to offer, I just hate it when no one responds to my posts so I wanted to give you something... there are quite a few other threads on this same subject that give a lot of great ideas and recipes and there are some great files too. I make Enchiladas a lot that are really good and easy, but technically they probably aren't enchiladas, that's just what we call them. I cook up a pound of burger (could probably use chicken, but never have), add taco seasoning or Southwest... then when it's all cooked I add a cup of cottage cheese and stir it up (the cottage cheese kind of melts). Then I take flour tortillas (that's why they aren't really enchiladas, usually calls for corn) and warm them a bit in the microwave to make them a little softer. Then I smear some refried beans (sometimes we skip this part, depending on what I have) and then put some of the meat mixture (I don't make these really huge, they are quite filling)... then wrap them burrito style... I pour just enough enchilada sauce in the bottom of the Rectangular Baker to cover and then place the burritos in it... I usually get about 5 or 6 (I think) side by side and then squeeze 2 more in lengthwise on one side. Then I pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over and top with shredded cheese. Then I bake for about 20 minutes in a 350 oven. Everyone really loves them and they are filling. I have used the small tortillas before when I made them for a pot luck and that worked well... Good luck with your meeting, hope you get some good recipes!

Sure, I'd be happy to share some of my family's favorite Mexican recipes! Here are a few that always get rave reviews:1. Chicken Enchiladas: This is a classic recipe that never fails to please. Simply mix cooked and shredded chicken with a can of enchilada sauce, a can of diced green chilies, and some shredded cheese. Roll the mixture into tortillas and place in a baking dish. Top with more enchilada sauce and cheese, then bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Serve with sour cream and salsa on top.2. Beef Tacos: For an easy and delicious taco night, I like to brown ground beef with some diced onions and garlic. Then, I mix in a packet of taco seasoning and a can of diced tomatoes and green chilies. Serve with your favorite taco toppings like shredded cheese, lettuce, and salsa.3. Shrimp Fajitas: This is a lighter option that my family loves. Simply sauté shrimp with sliced bell peppers and onions in a skillet. Season with fajita seasoning and serve in warm tortillas with toppings like avocado, sour cream, and cilantro.4. Mexican Rice: This is a staple side dish in our house. In a large pot, sauté onions and garlic in a little bit of oil. Then, add in a can of diced tomatoes, a can of chicken broth, and a cup of long-grain white rice. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.5. Churro Bites: For a sweet treat, try making homemade churro bites. Cut refrigerated biscuit dough into small pieces and fry in oil until golden brown. Roll in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar, and serve with a side of chocolate sauce for dipping.I hope you enjoy these recipes at your Mexican-themed meeting! Let me know if you try any of them and how they turn out. Happy cooking!

1. What types of Mexican recipes are included in "Tried & True Mexican Recipes"?

"Tried & True Mexican Recipes" includes a variety of traditional Mexican dishes such as enchiladas, tacos, tamales, and mole. It also features lesser known regional dishes like pozole and chiles rellenos.

2. Are the recipes in "Tried & True Mexican Recipes" authentic?

Yes, all of the recipes in "Tried & True Mexican Recipes" are authentic and have been passed down through generations. They have also been tested and approved by our team of Mexican chefs.

3. Are the recipes in "Tried & True Mexican Recipes" easy to follow?

Absolutely! Each recipe in "Tried & True Mexican Recipes" has been carefully written and tested to ensure that they are easy to follow for cooks of all levels. They also include step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to make the cooking process even easier.

4. Can I substitute ingredients in the recipes if I can't find them?

While we always recommend following the recipe as closely as possible for the most authentic flavor, substitutions can be made if necessary. We provide suggestions for substitutions in the recipe notes or you can reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

5. Are there dessert recipes included in "Tried & True Mexican Recipes"?

Yes, "Tried & True Mexican Recipes" includes a variety of traditional Mexican desserts such as flan, churros, and tres leches cake. There are also some unique and delicious dessert recipes featuring ingredients like cajeta (caramelized goat milk) and piloncillo (unrefined cane sugar).

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJWarren
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • mrssyvo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
Replies