• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the Perfect Surprise for a Bridal Shower?

KimberleePowell said:
That cake is amazing... Was transporting it easy? I have two bridal showers this month and would love to make that cake. I noticed that you said that you used two cakes. How did you use two cakes? I thought it was just one of the classic batter bowl?

Wow sorry it took me so long to answer, I had not realized anyone was still in here talking about the cake. haha

Yes I was easy to transport. I just held it on my lap. haha (someone else drove to shower)

I used two cakes, both baked in batter bowl, cause this doll was just too tall for one.

For those asking about fondant price, mine costed me $8.05. But I bought mine at the arts and crafts center on base. (Air Force)

Thanks again for the lovely comments.

I did it. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. The fondant I got from Walmart for 4.99 was perfect. It was so easy. The bride just loved it. I also made one without fondant and just put abase coat of frosting on it and had the guests decorate it. they loved doing it and it turned out beautiful too. Plus I sold alot of decorator bottle sets that night. I will post a pic just have to figure out how.

Wish I was able to get this information about 8 years ago! I made a Barbie cake for my step daughter and didn't think about the height of the barbie till it was too late. I didn't think outside of the box enough to just pop her legs off...

and here's the kicker....... (I am laughing even now as I am typing!! :D)

I sawed her legs off at the knees so she would fit!!!!!!
I thought my DSD was going to die! No fixing that one!

That was my last Barbie cake...but now that I know the secret of adding more of a base to make it taller, I want to make one for my neice!

Thanks for the BEAUTIFUL pictures and ideas!!

chee65 said:
I did it. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. The fondant I got from Walmart for 4.99 was perfect. It was so easy. The bride just loved it. I also made one without fondant and just put abase coat of frosting on it and had the guests decorate it. they loved doing it and it turned out beautiful too. Plus I sold alot of decorator bottle sets that night. I will post a pic just have to figure out how.

Good for you. Sounds like you had a great show. What a great idea to bring a second one to have everyone decorate.

Your cake is beautiful! I have a bridal shower this summer and I'm going to surprise the bride with something like this. Thanks for the great ideas.

I made a barbie cake for my daughterI made a barbie cake for my daughter last September. After having to get all the party decorations up, order the pizza, clean up the mess in my house, get drinks ready, did I mention I had 12 kids spending the night? I was too lazy to add another layer to the bottom of the barbie, but I plan to do it next time so she will be taller and I would love to try the fondant. I love fondant. I can't post the pics because it's too big. I have other cakes I have made with fondant. I love to use that stuff. I will try to find a way to post them. :confused:

Debbie :D

I think I got itOk here are some pics.
One of that barbie cake. One of a fondant flower cake I made. One of my delicious New York Cheesecake I made for a bridal shower recently. Baking and cooking are my passions!! I also have made chocolate groom's cakes, bridal cakes with fondant and pearls made from fondant. I can't find those pics! :confused: Oh well I will keep looking!

Try this link:
http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s208/MD4Christ/

I love that you used frosting even for her clothes. Are the roses on the other cake made with fondant or gum paste. I make alot of cakes and I'm not real good at making roses with frosting but would love to try with fondant.

Fondant flowers
chee65 said:
I love that you used frosting even for her clothes. Are the roses on the other cake made with fondant or gum paste. I make alot of cakes and I'm not real good at making roses with frosting but would love to try with fondant.

They are made with fondant. It was easier than I thought it would be. I did however roll it out very thin but not too thin to actually have them look like flowers. I enjoy working with fondant. I have made letters, stars, pearls, the borders on the cake and many other things with fondant. It's great to work with and so pretty. Plus they sell them in so many different colors even pastels.

I think I figured it out. At least I hope I did.

Attachments

• bride cake.jpg
    bride cake.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 498
Great job!
chee65 said:
I think I figured it out. At least I hope I did.

That's great! I love it and definitely will do fondant on my next barbie cake, which will be coming up quickly if my daughter wants one for her third birthday party. It's coming in May. Nice job on that, it's so pretty!

This might turn out better. Anyways, this is my Bride Cake.

Attachments

• bride cake.jpg
    bride cake.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 528
Thanks. I really had fun with it.

DebbieSAChef said:
They are made with fondant. It was easier than I thought it would be. I did however roll it out very thin but not too thin to actually have them look like flowers. I enjoy working with fondant. I have made letters, stars, pearls, the borders on the cake and many other things with fondant. It's great to work with and so pretty. Plus they sell them in so many different colors even pastels.

I'm going to try it. I'm going to make a cake for my nephew next month.

Good job ladies. Debbie, that dress looks like it took a while to do. Cute!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Mommy2amo
  • AMTC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Bill Faber
  • BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies