• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Surprise Bridal Shower: Tips for a Memorable and Stress-Free Event

In summary, the bride has no idea it's a shower - she thinks its a "welcome home" party for a relative who has been serving in Afghanistan for the past 6 months. She will not have a wish list or registry. I have told people just to bring money - I'll record the gift amount and at the end of the show she will have the $$ in Pampered Chef Gift Certificates. I'm ordering an apron for guests to sign - and will play a game or two but I'm worried. Any ideas would be really helpful...
902canadiangirl
I have a surprise Bridal Shower booked on Dec 5th..and I don't know what to do! The bride has no idea it's a shower - she thinks its a "welcome home" party for a relative who has been serving in Afghanistan for the past 6 months. She will not have a wish list or registry. I have told people just to bring money - I'll record the gift amount and at the end of the show she will have the $$ in Pampered Chef Gift Certificates. I'm ordering an apron for guests to sign - and will play a game or two but I'm worried. What if she wants to take the $$ and run!! The 20+ guests are also wanting to order their own product...so I'm hoping for a good show since it's right in the middle of sell a thon.

Any ideas would be really helpful...

thanks,

I had a surprise bridal shower a few years back. The bride just got a regular show invitation and everyone else had the bridal shower invitations. Someone was in charge of bringing the bride to the "show". She was very surprised. I gave her a catalog and marker during the show she circled the items she wanted making a "wish book". During the show I reminded her to circle her items and the other guest gave her some great ideas. The guests used the catalog to select their gift and marked it out when they put it on their receipts. I reminded everyone that this was a exception the the normal bridal shower routine. It worked out well in this situation but I was concerned before it all began.

Good Luck with your Surprise Show!

I've done two quasi bridal showers for a niece and a cousin's daughter. In each case, rather than surprise the bride to be, we gave her a catalog, and asked for her list of items she would like. I then sent e-mails to other family members on the guest list, and
they purchased the items they wanted to give the bride. Both girls were very happy with the products they received. One opened the boxes and showed the products, and the other one simply held up the box. I did get later orders from the party where the bride opened the boxes and showed the Pizza Party Set, and Chillzane Rectangle Server, for example. By the way, I wrapped and delivered the gifts to the Showers, since I too, was a guest. Those who ordered from her list, were from out of town, and unable to attend, in person.

I do all my showers like what you are planning with the exception that the bride does NOT get the money - she gets the shopping spree! Her guests are giving this money for her to purchase PC stuff, not keep for whatever so I have the apron for the guests to sign and share their best wishes, their monetary gift goes in a pocket, I keep the apron and money with me and when the bride to be arrives and gets settled in I count the money and then present it to her and say that thanks to the generosity of her friends and family she has an X dollar amount shopping spree!

I then demo, she hears ideas from the guests plus looks at the book and then shops at the end. She also gets the host benefits from whatever the show total is and since I use the apron money and put those gifts in under her fiance's name this increases the show total and host benefits also. I do this so the brides have the opportunity to purchase some larger pieces if they choose with the money being combined.

Hope that helps!

You could do a search for top items and still do some sort of registry for her until she starts one herself. Some people are dead set against doing money so I would be prepared for that just in case.

I have done showers but not surprise , I was told about this from someone while in Miami on thth PC trip.
the gusts at the party only buy Gift cetificats , ( also products for them selfs.)
then th bride will also get all of the rewards That way she can buy what she wants and not be rusged at the show picking products She can use the gift Cetficates
She called it the ultimate Bridal shower

1. What is a "Surprise Wedding Shower"?

A "Surprise Wedding Shower" is a surprise party thrown for a couple who is getting married. It is typically organized by their friends or family members and is meant to celebrate their upcoming marriage.

2. How do I plan a "Surprise Wedding Shower"?

First, you should consult with the couple's closest family and friends to get input on the guest list and any potential conflicts with dates. Then, choose a theme, venue, and menu that are meaningful to the couple. Finally, make sure to keep the event a secret and have a backup plan in case the couple finds out.

3. What should I include in the "Surprise Wedding Shower" menu?

The menu for a "Surprise Wedding Shower" can vary, but it is always a good idea to include a mix of appetizers, main dishes, and desserts. You can also incorporate dishes that are meaningful to the couple or fit with the chosen theme. Don't forget to accommodate any dietary restrictions or allergies of the guests.

4. How can I make the "Surprise Wedding Shower" extra special?

There are many ways to make a "Surprise Wedding Shower" extra special. You can create a personalized photo album or video for the couple, have guests write well-wishes or advice on cards, or incorporate games or activities that the couple enjoys. You can also consider hiring a professional photographer to capture the special moments.

5. Is it okay to invite both men and women to a "Surprise Wedding Shower"?

Yes, it is absolutely okay to invite both men and women to a "Surprise Wedding Shower". Traditionally, bridal showers were only for women, but nowadays, many couples opt for co-ed showers to include both partners and their friends. Just make sure to choose a theme and activities that will appeal to both men and women.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellieM's Kitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KellieM's Kitchen
Replies
Views
Mommy2amo
  • BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies