• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the best way to prep for a show as a consultant?

In summary, the consultant does a lot of prep before the show. They try to do most of it at home, but if the show is at a host's house they will bring some items with them. They also try to show a piece of cookware and some stoneware and demo a food chopper, salad chopper, microplane, and mandoline.
jrny2001
Silver Member
I am wondering how much prep other consultants do before the show? Do you do everything during the demo or save just enough to demo during the show?
I have been doing a lot before the show and saving some to demo with the products. I'm not sure if this is the best way to go.

Also, do you prep at home before leaving or at the hosts home?

It really boils down to personal preference. I do a lot of my prepping at home and that gives me time to get everything set up when I get there and chat with host for a bit. It also has allowed me to meet the guests coming in.

My first show that i just completed, felt so disorganized. I will definitely do MOST of the prep at home from now on. I wish i had not let my director talk me into using that dern mandolin to demo 4 different ingredients. NO ONE ordered one....

The way I do it depends on what recipe I am doing. If it colds for a lot of one thing, I do some ahead of time. But it is not a whole lot of one thing, I save it all for the demo. I think I am going to start grating some cheese ahead of time b/c that takes too long for me in a lot of things.

I work full time outside the home and have a very busy PC biz. I do virtually NO prep at home. I arrive 30-45 minutes prior to set-up; chat with host, make my display and then start prepping. I try to prep about 50% of items, including cleaning and trimming. (Note: if you are new, be sure to not get out refrigerated bread dough products until you are ready to open and use them...otherwise they get very soft and hard to manipulate.)

The host chat/prep time is an excellent time to show your host a few key items 1 on 1 before it gets busy with guests. If your host is involved, she will help you sell products!

I try to always make time to show a piece of cookware and stoneware PLUS demo a) food chopper; b) salad chopper; c) microplane. I do also demo the mandoline, even if it isn't featured in the recipe, with a focus on the consistency of the slice, the speed of the tool AND the safety. Honestly, I rarely sell the mandoline in my area, however, I do get bookings from folks who want this item...especially those who held off on getting this when it was the "ultimate slice and grate" and did not have the awesome safety features the updated mandoline has.

Prep QuestionsSince I am still new at this and my first show isn't until next week (I AM SO SCARED), but how do you prep ahead if you have the host buy the food? Do you buy and pay for the food yourself??? I do think I would much rather prep ahead, but I guess I don't understand this yet.

Also some are talking about the mini catalogs, I guess I haven't seen them, are they just the same but smaller version? I think I might like that, tell me more..

Thanks Dee
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

To prep ahead, you get the host's house early. Or you buy the ingredients yourself, prep them at home, and make it clear to the host during host coaching that she needs to reimburse you. Or write off the cost as a business expense.

I tried prepping last night at home before and showing up right before showtime, buying the ingredients myself and adding the $15 to my host's order. I hated it. I felt rushed and had to carry a cooler on top of everything else. I think from now on I'll just stick to traditional show up at 5:15 and do prepping there and getting everything set up.
One thing I did do last night, though, was prepping and getting dough rolled, etc while doing my intro. I also tried to let guest use the salad chopper to chop the lettuce and do a little interaction. It was fun- but I think I just came in too rushed.
Plus, I really do take too many products with me to shows. I just can't figure out how to slim down my load.

Related to What is the best way to prep for a show as a consultant?

How Much Prep Before Show?

The amount of prep before a Pampered Chef show can vary depending on the type of show and your personal preferences. However, there are some general guidelines that can help you determine how much prep work is needed.

1. How far in advance should I start prepping for a show?

It is recommended to start prepping for a show at least a week in advance. This will give you enough time to plan out your menu, gather ingredients and supplies, and make any necessary preparations.

2. What should I prep before the day of the show?

Some things that can be prepped in advance include chopping vegetables, measuring out dry ingredients, and preheating ovens. You can also prepare any make-ahead dishes or marinades the day before the show.

3. How much food should I prep for a show?

The amount of food you should prep for a show will depend on the number of guests you are expecting and the type of show you are hosting. A general rule of thumb is to plan for 1-2 servings per guest for appetizers and 3-4 servings per guest for main dishes.

4. How can I save time on prep work?

There are a few ways to save time on prep work for a show. You can use pre-made or pre-chopped ingredients, opt for make-ahead dishes, and delegate tasks to other members of your team or guests.

5. Is it necessary to prep everything before the show starts?

No, it is not necessary to have everything prepped before the show starts. Some prep work can be done during the show, such as assembling dishes or cooking on the stovetop. Just make sure to plan your time effectively and have all necessary ingredients and tools on hand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ilovpc
  • mike nike
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
Replies
Views
atpchef