• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is a Quarter Auction and How Does it Work?

In summary, the quarter auction is a monthly event where the consultant rents out space at a local American Legion and provides food and entertainment. Guests place orders at the table and the consultant makes money back on each order.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Talked to a TW consultant at a fair and she told me that she does a monthly "quarter auction."

For her its 6 shows at once and many hosts say, "Just put me down for your next quarter auction."

She rents her local American Legion on a weeknight for $25.

There is no food at her shows so she directs guests to the canteen which makes them money.

Each table host gets credit for orders placed at her table.

Part of the demonstration includes the quarter auction. She starts with small items and determines how many quarters she needs to make her money back on each thing.

I am at least going to send an e-mail out to determine interest on this.

You're probably going to get a lot of questions on what a quarter auction is. I kind of have a vague idea, but don't completely understand it.

You might want to look into the legal aspects of a Quarter Auction. I have been doing one for 2 years and we have to shut it down because the state of Ohio has changed the gambling laws to include QA and make them a felony. I believe they are shutting them down one by one in Ohio and if you get caught they will fine you a hefty fine as the consultant. I think they are a great idea and love doing them but I don't want anyone to get in trouble.

cincychef said:
You might want to look into the legal aspects of a Quarter Auction. I have been doing one for 2 years and we have to shut it down because the state of Ohio has changed the gambling laws to include QA and make them a felony. I believe they are shutting them down one by one in Ohio and if you get caught they will fine you a hefty fine as the consultant. I think they are a great idea and love doing them but I don't want anyone to get in trouble.

Gotta love the government.

Yes it is illegal in PA now too.

would love info just to understand what it is????

I posted everything I know about it.Sheesh! You would think that if we at least donated profits to charity they'd be fine with it. I'm all for shutting down the "internet cafes" but if they can have those why can't we harmlessly promote our businesses?Click on the threads below and you will get more info than you ever wanted, those of you who live outside of PA or Ohio.

What is a "Quarter Auction With a Twist"?

A "Quarter Auction With a Twist" is a fun and unique event that combines the excitement of a auction with the thrill of a raffle. Instead of bidding with cash, participants use quarters to bid on items up for auction. The twist comes in when the auctioneer pulls numbers out of a hat and anyone with a matching number wins the item for just a quarter.

How does a "Quarter Auction With a Twist" work?

Before the event, guests purchase paddles for a small fee, which will be used to bid on items. Each paddle has a number assigned to it. During the auction, the auctioneer will announce the item up for auction and the corresponding paddle numbers. Those with the matching numbers will place a quarter in a designated container for a chance to win the item. If their number is called, they win the item for just a quarter.

What types of items are typically auctioned off at a "Quarter Auction With a Twist"?

The items up for auction can vary greatly, but they are usually donated by local businesses and include things like gift cards, kitchen gadgets, home decor, and other fun prizes. Pampered Chef consultants may also donate items from our product line to be auctioned off.

Do I need to bring quarters to participate in a "Quarter Auction With a Twist"?

Yes, you will need quarters to participate in the auction. We recommend bringing at least $10-$20 worth of quarters, depending on how many items you plan to bid on. Quarters will also be available for purchase at the event in case you run out.

Can I bring a friend to a "Quarter Auction With a Twist"?

Of course! The more the merrier. This is a great event to attend with friends, family, or coworkers. Just make sure they also bring quarters to participate in the auction.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
  • sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • PamperedPenny