• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Happened to Our Saturday Nights in Buckhead?

In summary, Saturday nights used to be spent hanging out in the Buckhead area with friends and admiring cute guys. However, after 15 years of marriage and three kids, they now consist of relaxing at home and watching TV. The conversation also touched on family camp and the weird Maple Leaf Guy, as well as the creepy Burger King mascot.
ChefLisa
Saturday nights meant going out and hanging out with your friends. Buckhead was our hangout area. It is just outside of the Atlanta city limits. Great restaurants and bars. There were always plenty of cute guys at which to stare.

15 years of marriage (and still going strong) and three kids later, Saturday night means enjoying an hour or two online and watching a little television.

You know what, I wouldn't change a thing!

Lisa

Lucky girl

Saturday night = fry bread at camp! I think I gained a few pounds tonight eating it after making it!

5 weeks of family camp down - 5 to go!

Let the record reflect that I never stared at cute guys.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Not even the maple leaf waver guy????

Oh wait, he's NOT cute!

Janet what is family camp and why is it 10 weeks long. I've done a lot of Girl Scout camping, but that's a long one.

chefjwr said:
Janet what is family camp and why is it 10 weeks long. I've done a lot of Girl Scout camping, but that's a long one.

We work at a Christian camp...

It is a non-denominational camp.

Anyway, we have 10 weeks in a row of Family Camps...each is only 1 week long - campers arrive Saturday and leave Friday - but it is basically the same routine for us...we're in week 5 and by week 10 we're tired!

Last edited:
The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Ah, the quick and subtle glance!

janetupnorth said:
We work at a Christian camp...www.fortwilderness.com although the website won't show you much right now.

It is a non-denominational camp.

Anyway, we have 10 weeks in a row of Family Camps...each is only 1 week long - campers arrive Saturday and leave Friday - but it is basically the same routine for us...we're in week 5 and by week 10 we're tired!

It taks you until week 10 to be tired??? I'm tired for you and all I did was read your post (oh, and think of all the years I spent working at a summer camp... ) <yawn>

ChefLisa said:
Ah, the quick and subtle glance!
Only in the mens' room and then...HEY!

You almost got the guys' secret code away from me.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

See what happens when you hang around a bunch of women!!!!!!!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Wow! I bet I got closer than anyone has before!

ChefLisa said:
Wow! I bet I got closer than anyone has before!

To the mens' room? Naw, been there...

Would someone please explain the maple leaf guy thing????

When someone points me to the original Potty story, we'll find the maple leaf guy for you.

He appeared for Wave 1...he was "waving" to us....

katie0128 said:

Sorry, not a clue here!

janetupnorth said:
When someone points me to the original Potty story, we'll find the maple leaf guy for you.

He appeared for Wave 1...he was "waving" to us....

Oh wait... the guy sitting in the grass with the blue suit on??? Ewwww... he was WEIRD!

CAUTION! ADULT HUMOR ALERT
katie0128 said:
It's just a bad joke - it's a picture of a 'Leaf Blower and since he's waving, he just seemed like a good wave illustration.

katie0128 said:
Oh wait... the guy sitting in the grass with the blue suit on??? Ewwww... he was WEIRD!

Not as wierd as the Burger King dude!!!!

But wait, we've been down that road before...

janetupnorth said:
Not as wierd as the Burger King dude!!!!

But wait, we've been down that road before...

Worth mentioning again...Burger King guy just creeps me out!

ChefLisa said:
Saturday nights meant going out and hanging out with your friends. Buckhead was our hangout area. It is just outside of the Atlanta city limits. Great restaurants and bars. There were always plenty of cute guys at which to stare.

15 years of marriage (and still going strong) and three kids later, Saturday night means enjoying an hour or two online and watching a little television.

You know what, I wouldn't change a thing!

Lisa

I love the Buckhead area! Whenever we are in Atlanta (usually every couple of years) we make sure to go out there one night!

mail

Here is the maple leaf boy!
Warning: once you look, you can't stop!

ShanaSmith said:
mail

Warning: once you look, you can't stop!

All I get is a signin page for gmail...

I am sooo sorry to say that my Dh just informed me that it won't work for me to add the picture. I didn't exactly understand why, but he is the computer geek in the family.
I think he was kinda jealous too since I sent the picture all of my friends saying it was my new boyfriend.

Sorry it didn't work

Save the picture to your computer and the upload it in a post...

ok, let's try this

Attachments

• pixieboy.jpg
    pixieboy.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 330
Woo Hoo! now you can all see my man! (sorry whoever posted him first, he's all MINE now!)

That picture is never NOT going to be icky...

kinda like a train wreck... just gotta look!

ShanaSmith said:
Woo Hoo! now you can all see my man! (sorry whoever posted him first, he's all MINE now!)
I've been posting the Leaf Blower for a long time now...but have fun with, um, him.

leaf_blower.jpg

Yeah, I think as long as KG's had him around, he's groan (LOL) a little, (ok, maybe ALOT) attatched to him.

Related to What Happened to Our Saturday Nights in Buckhead?

1. What is Buckhead?

Buckhead is a popular area just outside of Atlanta, known for its great restaurants and bars.

2. Why was Saturday night in Buckhead so special?

Saturday nights in Buckhead were special because it was a popular hangout spot for friends to meet and socialize. It was also known for its lively atmosphere and attractive people.

3. How has Saturday night in Buckhead changed over the years?

As the years have passed, Saturday nights in Buckhead may have become less frequent for some as priorities and lifestyles change. However, it still remains a popular spot for those looking for a fun night out.

4. Why has your Saturday night routine changed?

As a scientist and a mother of three, my priorities and responsibilities have shifted over the years. Saturday nights now mean spending quality time with my family and enjoying some relaxation at home.

5. Do you have any regrets about not going out on Saturday nights in Buckhead anymore?

Not at all. While I have fond memories of those Saturday nights in Buckhead, I wouldn't change my current routine for anything. My family and I have created our own special traditions that I cherish just as much.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
  • PChefPEI
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • The_Kitchen_Guy