• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Remember Our Troops, and Do Not Forget Them Later

In summary, the conversation highlights the stark differences between a civilian's daily life and a soldier's life during war. While the civilian may complain about trivial things, the soldier is sacrificing his comfort and safety for his country. The conversation also emphasizes the importance of supporting our troops and the sacrifices they make for our freedoms.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
I got this email this morning and just had to share with all of you.

-----------

You walk down the beach, staring at all the pretty girls.
He patrols the streets, searching for insurgents and terrorists.

You complain about how hot it is.
He wears his heavy gear, not daring to take off his helmet to wipe his brow.

You go out to lunch, and complain because the restaurant got your order wrong.
He doesn't get to eat today.

Your maid makes your bed and washes your clothes.
He wears the same things for weeks, but makes sure his weapons are clean.

You go to the mall and get your hair redone.
He doesn't have time to brush his teeth today.

You're angry because your class ran 5 minutes over.
He's told he will be held over an extra 2 months.

You call your girlfriend and set a date for tonight.
He waits for the mail to see if there is a letter from home.

You hug and kiss your girlfriend, like you do everyday.
He holds his letter close and smells his love's perfume.

You roll your eyes as a baby cries.
He gets a letter with pictures of his new child, and wonders if they'll ever meet.

You criticize your government, and say that war never solves anything.
He sees the innocent tortured and killed by their own people and remembers why he is fighting.

You hear the jokes about the war, and make fun of men like him.
He hears the gunfire, bombs and screams of the wounded.

You see only what the media wants you to see.
He sees the broken bodies lying around him.

You are asked to go to the store by your parents. You don't.
He does exactly what he is told even if it puts his life in danger.

You stay at home and watch TV.
He takes whatever time he is given to call, write home, sleep, and eat.

You crawl into your soft bed, with down pillows, and get comfortable.
He tries to sleep but gets woken by mortars and helicopters all night long.

Thanks Marie. Whether people agree or disagree with the war; we should all support our troops for doing their job.

So true. My cousin is over there for the 4th time (his choice). He has a wife in the Air Force as well, but she is on disability she has MS. During his last deployment they diagnosed her and had trouble with her medication so that she was unable to care for their DD. He came home after 5 months.

Sometimes when people are flipping their mouths off about how we shouldn't be in the war, I want to go up to them and tell them if it weren't for men like Sean they couldn't stand there and spout off at the mouth. Some people seem to forget it took War many years ago to get all the freedoms we have now, and they sacrificed then just as much as we are now.

We need to pray daily for an end to the War and fighting so all our troops can come home for good. While we are at it World Peace would be nice (may never happen but would be nice).

tlag1986 said:
So true. My cousin is over there for the 4th time (his choice). He has a wife in the Air Force as well, but she is on disability she has MS. During his last deployment they diagnosed her and had trouble with her medication so that she was unable to care for their DD. He came home after 5 months.

Sometimes when people are flipping their mouths off about how we shouldn't be in the war, I want to go up to them and tell them if it weren't for men like Sean they couldn't stand there and spout off at the mouth. Some people seem to forget it took War many years ago to get all the freedoms we have now, and they sacrificed then just as much as we are now

[B]We need to pray daily for an end to the War and fighting so all our troops can come home for good. While we are at it World Peace would be nice (may never happen but would be nice).

[/B]
Lisa, I agree with you.

This is so true!

Today I went to a Veteran's celebration. We heard from many heroic men. We signed t-shirts that are being sent over seas to our troops. There were many men and women who had things they made that they were donated the sales from. Care packages are being sent out 5 times a year to our current men/women who are serving across our seas. There were many local republican candidates who were not there to speak, but attended to show their support. There were NO democratic running candidates at this event. I was VERY disappointed and offended. No matter your opinion about war, our troops are there and we need to let these men and women know that we have not forgotten and abandoned them.

Related to Remember Our Troops, and Do Not Forget Them Later

What is the "Remember Our Troops, and Do Not Forget Them Later" campaign?

The "Remember Our Troops, and Do Not Forget Them Later" campaign is an initiative by Pampered Chef to show support and appreciation for our military members and their families. We aim to raise awareness and funds for organizations that provide assistance to veterans and active duty personnel.

How can I get involved with the campaign?

There are several ways to get involved with the "Remember Our Troops, and Do Not Forget Them Later" campaign. You can purchase our limited edition patriotic products, make a donation, or host a fundraiser party where a portion of the sales will be donated to the cause.

Where does the money raised from the campaign go?

All funds raised from the "Remember Our Troops, and Do Not Forget Them Later" campaign will go towards organizations that support military members and their families. This includes providing financial assistance, mental health services, and other resources to help improve their lives.

Is there a deadline to participate in the campaign?

No, there is no deadline to participate in the "Remember Our Troops, and Do Not Forget Them Later" campaign. We encourage ongoing support and donations to continue making a positive impact on the lives of our military members and their families.

Can I make a donation without purchasing a product?

Yes, you can make a donation directly to the campaign without purchasing a product. You can also choose to add a donation to your purchase at checkout. Every donation, big or small, makes a difference in supporting our troops and their families.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lacychef
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pkd09
  • KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies