• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Exactly Was the Issue With the Pans?

In summary, the main issue with the pans was that they were not properly labeled for their intended use, resulting in confusion and damage for customers. The affected pans were primarily non-stick pans, specifically the Executive Non-Stick Cookware line, but there were also some instances with other non-stick pans. Pampered Chef addressed the issue by recalling all affected pans and updating the labeling to clearly indicate that they are not suitable for stovetop use. To prevent warping, it is important to follow the care and use instructions provided by Pampered Chef and use the proper utensils. The replacement pans have been thoroughly tested and deemed safe to use, with steps taken to ensure proper labeling and resolve the issue with warping.
AmaraJ
So...I slow roasted a batch of tomatoes in the oven yesterday. One batch on my bar pan and one on my sheet pan. Now...my sheet pan is all discolored, has pock-marks, and is not shiny at all! Isn't this the reason they were pulled originally?
This is from the new batch...I signed up during the time they were on stop-sell and didn't get mine until a supply order I placed later.
I'm calling it in, but just wanted to get your opinions....

Well, tomatoes are "acidic" and if you slow roasted them that might have been long enough for the acid to eat little holes in the pan. I have had tomato paste eat through aluminum foil I used as a lid to a partially used can of tomato paste. Other than that, I've got nothing here. Wonder what HO will say... Seems like a "reasonable" use for the sheet pan.​

Yeah, the acidity was an issue, I'm sure. And, the roasting took all day. But, is there a disclaimer or anything about things like that?
I guess in the future, it's the stoneware only for tomatoes!

I always put aluminum foil on my regular cookie sheets. It also makes for easy clean up!

Have you tried the Stainless Steel Cleaner? It wouldn't help with the pock marks, but it might help with the discoloration. Also, while the pan doesn't have a disclaimer, most recipes that use tomatoes specify using a non-reactive pan. Non-reactive would basically mean don't use anything metal.

I also wonder if there is an issue i sent some to my son in college and bought me 3 more for home they are all dull and have little "knick" in them

What Exactly Was the Issue With the Pans?

The main issue with the pans was that they were not properly labeled with their intended use. This caused confusion for customers and led to some pans being used on stovetops, which caused them to warp and become damaged.

What types of pans were affected by this issue?

The pans that were affected by this issue were primarily non-stick pans, specifically the Executive Non-Stick Cookware line. However, there were also some instances reported with other non-stick pans.

How did Pampered Chef address this issue?

Pampered Chef immediately responded to the issue by recalling all affected pans and offering a replacement or refund to customers. They also updated the labeling on all non-stick pans to clearly indicate that they are not suitable for stovetop use.

What steps can I take to prevent my pans from warping?

To prevent your pans from warping, it is important to follow the care and use instructions provided by Pampered Chef. This includes avoiding using non-stick pans on high heat or on stovetops, and using the proper utensils to avoid scratching the non-stick coating.

Are the replacement pans safe to use?

Yes, the replacement pans have been thoroughly tested and are safe to use. Pampered Chef has taken steps to ensure that all non-stick pans are properly labeled and suitable for their intended use, and that the issue with warping has been resolved.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • chefpenny99
  • Products and Tips
Replies